• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New HG/SS Japanese Trailer & Pokemon Festa Video Discussion

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    The video was pretty cool, but I certainly hope I'm not the only one who thought that the music was by far the best quality of said video. :p That was a pretty intense remix! xD Man, if the actual Pokemon music sounded like that, it would probably take me wayyyy longer to finish the game... I'd be too busy listening to the music! xD;

Years
  • You mean Whirl Islands correct?

Yes. XD (I'm playing FrLg.) I meant to say Whirl Islands. When I saw the picture, the name Seafoam Islands popped into my head. I meant to say Whirl Islands. (I woke up a couple of hours ago. Forgive me for still being tired.)

I think that picture of Lugia in the WHIRL ISLANDS might be part of the intro. I could be wrong, though.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    That looks awesome though its only a Japanese release. Will they send out copies to other People?....
    The chances of HG/SS being japan-only is about as much as Nintendo suddenly deciding to scrap Mario as a character.

Nintendo/GameFreak guys aren't that stupid.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • The chances of HG/SS being japan-only is about as much as Nintendo suddenly deciding to scrap Mario as a character.

Nintendo/GameFreak guys aren't that stupid.
    Gamefreak created the game in Japanese, so technically they have nothing to do with it going anywhere else(other than dealing with trademarks and things).

TheNerdyPotato

Feraligatr is actually a Croc!
    Years
  • Pokemon Festa HG/SS Battle Footage!

Pokemon Festa is a huge thing in Japan, which at the very end they showed a double battle in the pokemon center, which is Pokemon Stadium style! You know? You choose 3 pokes, and your partner chooses 3 pokes and you battle in a 6 on 6 2vs2 battle! You can hear the annoying japanese women, and the awesome remixed battle music!
    Well, tell me what you think!

Wait, I need to stop torturing you and show you the video don't I lol!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoecVboSUEU&eurl=http://pokebeach.com/&feature=player_embedded

Some people were hating on the battle music, I personally liked it! I didn't like the back sprite for the new girl, she looks too much like the girl from the other remakes (FR/LG)...

I did like some of the new sprites, and back sprites, and animations for the sprites! Farfectch'd looks awesome! Phanpy looks adorable! Also, the backsprite for Teddiursa says 'HUG ME!!!"

Time to tell everyone on this site that reads this your thoughts on this battle! Farfetch'd is too a good pokemon!

BTW, before anyone mentions this, it is no doubt a setting, or they made all the pokemon lvl 5 on purpose. There is no way you can catch some of these pokemon at lvl 5. For example, Farfetch'd, and slowpoke! Also, with their moves, they are obviously egg pokemon!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • We've already had discussion of that video in the thread pointed out though... (next time report rather than post though if you believe the topic has already been done -_-) Not the best thing to have it over the place.

So... I'll MERGE this thread, and turn that thread into a Trailer video AND Fiesta Video discussion thread, along with links to both in the 1st post, seeing as both could continue with some help discussion-wise; both videos being over a day old now at least, people have already seen them so new threads wouldn't get much activity, really.

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Awsome footage and the start looks realy cool
    plus i lyk the 3d bit with lugia at wirl islands or whatever there called

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Pikachu has good animation. Other pokémons had worse animations than before. This is going to be a great game!
    pikachus animation (back) is exsacly the same as in platinum...

Ayselipera

The tailer pretty much showed us what we've already been seeing. Still it was very interesting. The double battle was pretty good too I'm glad I got a nice preview of that. :)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The battle was quite boring but good to see. Bellsprout is so cute!

Years
  • The sprites for male and female trainers were very well made. We finally get a glimpse of the female trainer's back sprite. The hat looks very nice, and not so big. I'm happy to see that her right pigtail isn't blocking her face like Kris' was. Also, Soul/Heart's overalls are barely noticable on her sprite. As for Gold, he is in a cool pose. It looks very nice. His outfit looks much better than the original, (In my opinion of course.) Phanpy's sprite looks much better in this game. (I think I'll even use one this time.) Bellsprout, Farfetch'd, and Hoot-hoot, have very good sprites as well. This is the best trainer battle theme I've ever heard. I like it much better than the original gsc trainer battle theme.

The new Japanese trailer is very good. The animation of Lugia looks very nice. Seeing as how it wasn't in the intro, I'm assuming that's either a TV report showing Lugia or that's how it would look when we see Lugia appear. I may be wrong, though.

Back