• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen New Hoenn region Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0

Looks pretty legit, though game play footage is absent. Thoughts on this? Is it a remake? Is it a whole new game?

The phrase "whole new world" is very misleading since all the regions in the remakes so far haven't been "new". It may just be a selling technique but who knows?

I'm really excited either way, because Gen 3 had TONS of stuff to do with other people (hideouts for example). These aspects of the game that were limited due to the gameboy advance will now be able to be magnified to the whole world. I can't wait :).

Years
  • The phrase "whole new world" is very misleading since all the regions in the remakes so far haven't been "new". It may just be a selling technique but who knows?

I'm really excited either way, because Gen 3 had TONS of stuff to do with other people (hideouts for example). These aspects of the game that were limited due to the gameboy advance will now be able to be magnified to the whole world. I can't wait :).

Not to mention the role that online would play in secret bases and all that.

Years
  • As usual, I was wrong again -_- I had predicted that Nintendo would not publish Generation 3 remakes because, technically speaking, there is no need for them. However, others pointed out how much money Nintendo could make by publishing such remakes, and alas - they are now confirmed!

I have to admit that I am not disappointed in the least; I'm actually excited. I've played all the main series games, but the one iteration I have never played all the way through is Generation 3. I've played part of the way through Ruby and Sapphire (I've never tried Emerald), and there are some aspects that are fun and interesting. But overall I always thought the Hoenn games were inferior to Fire Red & Leaf Green, Heart Gold & Soul Silver, and the Sinnoh, Unova, and now Kalos games. But I think a fresh issue of this classic game will change my mind and bring out my love for Pokemon even more strongly.

Where Nintendo is saying this will take place in a brand new world, is that an idealized and hyperbolic way of referring to a re-dressed Hoenn? Or is this going to be a drastically different, radically re-imagined Hoenn? Could we, for the first time since Heart Gold & Soul Silver, have access to a second region? Could Kalos actually be accessible in this game and thus Mega Evolution play a part? Who knows! But I'm wicked excited.

I hope for mega evolutions for at least the starter Pokemon, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Salamence, but it would be awesome if other Pokemon got mega evolutions, too. Also, I hope the story is new, fresh, and engaging. I'm also hoping that there will be character customization just like in X & Y, maybe an even more refined customization mechanism. I can't wait!

What are your thoughts?

Years
  • As usual, I was wrong again -_- I had predicted that Nintendo would not publish Generation 3 remakes because, technically speaking, there is no need for them. However, others pointed out how much money Nintendo could make by publishing such remakes, and alas - they are now confirmed!

I absolutely agree with this, I hope it's more of an expansion, because other than the dead batteries in everyone's games from this gen, there's not really a need for an update. Nintendo is definitely looking to recoup on some losses over the last few years, I hope they don't rush this project as a money maker.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years

I have to admit that I am not disappointed in the least; I'm actually excited. I've played all the main series games, but the one iteration I have never played all the way through is Generation 3. I've played part of the way through Ruby and Sapphire (I've never tried Emerald), and there are some aspects that are fun and interesting. But overall I always thought the Hoenn games were inferior to Fire Red & Leaf Green, Heart Gold & Soul Silver, and the Sinnoh, Unova, and now Kalos games. But I think a fresh issue of this classic game will change my mind and bring out my love for Pokemon even more strongly.

Where Nintendo is saying this will take place in a brand new world, is that an idealized and hyperbolic way of referring to a re-dressed Hoenn? Or is this going to be a drastically different, radically re-imagined Hoenn? Could we, for the first time since Heart Gold & Soul Silver, have access to a second region? Could Kalos actually be accessible in this game and thus Mega Evolution play a part? Who knows! But I'm wicked excited.

I hope for mega evolutions for at least the starter Pokemon, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and Salamence, but it would be awesome if other Pokemon got mega evolutions, too. Also, I hope the story is new, fresh, and engaging. I'm also hoping that there will be character customization just like in X & Y, maybe an even more refined customization mechanism. I can't wait!

What are your thoughts?

That's very true! Kalos mechanics will have to be a part of the remake. That means that it will be in full 3D, customizable trainers, and most likely more mega stones. Maybe that's what they mean by "new world". I haven't thought about those aspects yet, and now I'm more excited.

It seems that there is a "mega stone" story going on and it wasn't solved in X and Y. Perhaps Omega and Alpha will shed more light on the subject? We can only imagine! I'm just happy that I get to revisit the game where my beloved Walrein was discovered :).

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • Omg is this true? I can't watch videos but what! A whole new hoenn!!!! Really makes me want a 3ds now! I can't wait to see what new things are in it if it comes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back