• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New in so many ways

Years
  • Hello,

My name is Erick and I'm a night shift worker who is just getting into Pokemon for a real first go. I've played other versions before but never to an extent I could claim any real knowledge or experience. My cousin has also recently joined these forums, his user name is Lynkdead and was only a few threads down from this post as of its posting.

I noticed he had mentioned a favorite pokemon type and I really don't have one at the moment. The main reason I've started to play on the regular now is also because of just how many online capabilities have been added. I never knew anyone personally other than my cousin who played and we used to live in different states so it never seemed like I would get to enjoy the part of the game that seemed the most fun. I am also pushing to gain a substantial collection by the time X and Y come out, at least as substantial as one can become from now until October.

It's nice to see that many of you are so friendly and I'm hoping to make some friends here and learn as much as I can. I may become a long timer lurker because I likely won't have a lot to add to the conversation immediately by feel free to contact me over Steam (RxErick is the username). Before 11 pm eastern I am likely asleep or sitting at my computer with steam running.

Thanks.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I think it's cool that you've decided to get back into Pokemon. There was a time when I only played the games skin deep and went away from it for awhile, but when I came back I didn't regret it! That holds true especially for more recent games/generations, because they've become so user friendly and interactive! :3 Online capability additions have been welcome as well, since I have so many out-of-state friends that I play with on occasion. You probably won't regret coming back, I assure you!

Anyway, I do want to welcome you here and wish you a good time. This is a pretty friendly community all around and there's sections for anything and everything, from somewhere to go to post about movies, books, music, etc. to video games, to just chatting for fun! If you ever need anything or just want someone to chat with, swing by my profile and I'll reply as soon as I can. Enjoy your stay, alright? :]

Years
  • Yo Erick! Nice to see you have family on PC, knowing someone on a board as large as this one makes it easier to stick around. Great to meet you! n~n

Never too late to get into Pokemon at all! We have so many more resources available nowadays that you can quickly search up anything online, making it a lot easier to learn about the franchise. You'll probably find that special type that clicks with you soon in the future; took me a good five years, at least. xD; The online connecting capabilities really do make Pokemon so much more fun than it was before, though! Imagine trading with people in Japan or France from the US; things like that I never thought would be possible so quickly. Plus there are online battling simulators available that you can use to manually create your preferred team and get some practice in like Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown. I can go on forever when it comes to how many useful resources amazing Pokemon fans have built for others, but I'm sure you get my point.

You have lots of time to build your games before X and Y, though I'm sure October will also be here before we know it. What games are you playing through now, if any? Perhaps you can join in on the discussion in your preferred forum sections sometime, though of course it's all right if you say you can't add to conversations right away. It's totally fine to be a lurker type, though posting around really gives you the full experience.

Oh and on the topic of Steam, I wish more of my favorite games would be available for Mac. D: Well, maybe some day.. I hope.

Enjoy yourself here, all right? I'm around if you ever need any help!

Years
  • What games are you playing through now, if any?

Oh and on the topic of Steam, I wish more of my favorite games would be available for Mac. D: Well, maybe some day.. I hope.

I've played about 8-15 hours into Black 2 and will be starting from scratch. I am currently about 2 days into Black 1. When my cousin and I came back to the game I picked up both blacks and he picked up both whites.

As for Steam, I wonder if you emulated windows on your mac if you could access steam PC games just as easily.

Years
  • Hello Erick, welcome to PC!

Nice to see you have a relative already here on PC, that makes your experience just as fun! You're never too late to get into Pokemon, because we have various topics that can help you get into the franchise. I've been a fan for a long time now, around 14 years to be exact. The newer generations are definitely fun to play thanks to all the big improvements they have and the introduction of wi-fi trading and battling. And I hear you're excited for X & Y as well, the games are gonna be awesome from what I heard. I'm fangirling over Sylveon and the starters already.

Don't be sad if you can't involve yourself right away, but your contribution can make all the difference and is there any part of PC that you're particularly interested in? I understand if you're shy but we have loads of people here who can help you if you get lost. And I've never actually used Steam tbh so I can't give my full opinion on it.

Anyway, have fun and I'll be seeing ya around the forum! I'm just a VM away if you need a good friend to talk to!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • Thanks Hikari, I will be as active as possible when my voice is applicable to the situation. I'm sure I have questions that could cause a discussion or two as well.

I'm mostly interested in learning more about the value of certain pokemon on trade markets and also in finding the most efficient means of gathering as many as I can. I made the mistake of starting with Black 1 not knowing how much 2 overlaps it in pokemon. I understand the storyline is good to know and be apart of, but everything in due time.

That's it for me for the night I've got one eye open. Thanks again for the greetings.

Back