• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New kind of challenge!

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
Years
  • Rodent Update #5
    After finally deciding on Crystal, and for some odd reason going with my brother's 'brilliant' suggestion, I started the game with a time exact to my time zone. It being night would be killer for me later.

I started the game by getting a Totodile. I named him Slave. After training him up a few levels, I went to Mr. Pokemon's house and then back down. I beat my rival easily and proceeded to call him ???. I rushed back to Professor Elm to get my Pokeballs, and back out to catch my Rattata and a Hoothoot. I named the Rattata Megazilla (If only there was a 2) and the Hoothoot Flightwo.

I put my two slaves in the PC, and then I trained Megazilla up to level 15. I then traveled up to Violet City, and went to beat Falkner easily. I then went to the Sprout tower and ran away from all of the gastly. (Raticate does not learn a non-normal move before level 30.) I beat all of the trainers there and got flash.

I then went to Union Cave and finally realized that Sandshrews don't appear at night. Just lovely... In Union Cave, Megazilla evolved into a Raicate. I then got out of the cave and went over to Kurt's house to get TR out off Slowpoke well. After that, I beat Bugsy, saved, and went over to where my rival was.

I quickly reset my game when I saw ???'s first pokemon. I proceeded to train Megazilla up to lv. 30, so he could learn Pursuit. After that, I was finally able to get into Goldenrod where my next rodent was. I saved before I got the Odd Egg. After 4 miss hatches, I finally got my Pichu (Peekah).

I then beat Whitney, and got the squirt bottle to continue. I beat the Sudowoodo and went to Ecrueak City. After beating the Kimono Girls, and beating ??? once again, I beat Morty's gym.

I went to Olivine City and into the Lighthouse. After talking with Jasmine, I went to Cinnawood, tried to beat Chuck's gym and then realized that I forgot to get strength, and then gave Jasmine the medicine.

I then got Stregnth and taught it to Megazilla. I then was able to beat Chuck. Afterwards, I went to beat Jasmine. After losing a few times, I was able to beater. On to the Lake of Rage!

Current Team

Megazilla (Raticate)
    Lv. 42
    -Strength
    -Pursuit
    -Quick Attack
    -Hyper Fang

Peekah (Pichu)
    Lv. 31
    -Thundershock
    -Charm
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Sweet Kiss

Slave (Totodile HM Slave)
    -Cut
    -Surf

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Wow BlueShellBeast, I can see that you really went for it! You're progressing extreemly fast!
    One question though, why didn't you catch sentret? Furret can be really useful pokemon!

OK now for my challenge:
    I've beat TR, got two more badges at Celadon and Saffron city...
    my team:
    Pidgeotto lvl. 38
    quick attack
    fether dance
    aerial ace
    fly

fearow lvl. 38
    fury attack
    aerial ace
    leer
    mirror move

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • Thank's so much for this banner, I love it! It's already on the thread's page. I wish more people would follow your example and make some more;)

True, the rules clearly state that the challenge must be started with kanto region (RBY or FRLG).

I'm acctually gratly honored by this and for that I'm thankful! This is acctually my first thread and I'm glad to see that people like it!

There's no question about it..., scyther is a beast, but in my opinion, looking at your current team you could use pinsir better for it's fighting type moves! Also you can trade one of them from another kanto version game, so you can have both...

Ok so on my challenge the birds...
    Misty was a piece of cake, and unbeliavebly so was lt.Surge!
    Right now I'm on my way to the rock tunnel...
    my team:
    Pidgeotto lvl. 28
    quick attack
    wing attack
    sand attack
    aerial ace (TM)

Fearow lvl.27
    fury attack
    aerial ace
    pursuit
    leer

badges 3
    Im on emulator, so cant!!!!!

I just lost my save file, and i had caught a Krabby and gotten surf! oh well, i have to try again XD

So I just beat Koga now, and im gonna go get surf and catch a Krabby

My Team:
    Parasect lv. 38
    Scratch
    Spore
    Leech life
    Cut

Butterfree lv. 46
    Psybeam
    Confusion
    Gust
    PoisonPowder

yeah butterfree is a bit overleveled... however both are underleveled as Koga had a lv. 48 venonat

Last edited:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
    Years
  • Wow BlueShellBeast, I can see that you really went for it! You're progressing extreemly fast!
    One question though, why didn't you catch sentret? Furret can be really useful pokemon!
    Yeah. As for not catching any other Pokemon other than Rattata, I would like to point out the part where I said that I followed my brother's 'wonderful' suggestion of making the game exactly on my time. I started Crystal at 6:30 P.M. yesterday, that would be nighttime in the game. Sentrets and Sandshrews do not appear at night. My nighttime comment might have been lost in all of those paragraphs...

I'll update in a bit, but I'll tell you that now, I have a Marill, Sandshrew, and Furret. Also, my Peekah finally evolved. I'm now beating up TR in Goldenrod, and I'll update in a bit.

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
    Years
  • Rodent Update #6
    After beating the Red Gyarados, destroying TR's base, and beating Pryce, I made my way to Goldenrod to once again beat up Team Rocket. After kicking them out of the Radio Tower, I caught my day Rodents. Though, at this point, it's a bit too late for training them, and they're mostly being used for revive rodents...

I then went to Blackthorn to defeat Clair and get my badge. After doing all the stuff there, I went to the Elite 4. At the end of Victory Road, I beat my rival pretty easily. I then healed, and went to battle them. (I kinda forgot to put Slave into the PC, but he was never brought out.)

I pretty much did everything with Megazilla. Peekah was still in her 40's and the others, their 20's. I revived myself with Slash (Sandshrew) when I needed to, and I cut through the Elite. Soon enough, I was in the Hall of Fame.

Now time to race through Kanto once again!

Current Team

Megazilla (Raticate)
    Lv. 62
    -Strength
    -Pursuit
    -Quick Attack
    -Hyper Fang

Peekah (Pikachu)
    Lv. 40
    -Thundershock
    -Charm
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Flash

Slash (Sandshrew)
    Lv. 19
    -Scratch
    -Defense Curl
    -Sand Attack
    -Poison Sting

Azul (Marril)
    Lv. 20
    -Waterfall
    -Tail Whip
    -Water Gun
    -Rollout

Furry (Furret)
    Lv. 25
    -Tackle
    -Defense Curl
    -Quick Attack
    -Fury Swipes

-Surf
    -Whirlpool
    -Cut

Rodent Update #7
    After riding on the S.S. Annie, and going to Kanto, I first beat Lt. Surge's Gym, then Sabrina, then Erika, after that, Janie, got the machine part, beat Misty, beat Brock, and then I beat Blaine. I then went back to Cinnabar to talk to Blue, and then battled him. Afterwards, I talked to Professor Oak and went on to Mt. Silver. After healing myself, I talked to Red and the battle began.

No real challenge to this. I used Megazilla thought the whole battle, only having to heal myself with Peekah once. The credits rolled, and now onto Hoenn!

Final Team

Megazilla (Raticate)
    Lv. 81
    -Strength
    -Pursuit
    -Quick Attack
    -Hyper Fang

Peekah (Pikachu)
    Lv. 40
    -Thundershock
    -Charm
    -Dizzy Punch
    -Flash

Slash (Sandshrew)
    Lv. 19
    -Scratch
    -Defense Curl
    -Sand-Attack
    -Poison Sting

Azul (Marril)
    Lv. 20
    -Waterfall
    -Tail Whip
    -Water Gun
    -Rollout

Furry (Furret)
    Lv. 25
    -Tackle
    -Defense Curl
    -Quick Attack
    -Fury Swipes

-Cut
    -Surf
    -Whirlpool

Last edited:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Well, I've finished the entire Kanto cause the rest of the gyms, including elite four was really easy... I got two more pokemon, and did a lot of grinding and eventually finished Kanto! Johto awaits...
    my team after elite four:
    Pidgeot lvl. 65.
    quick attack
    aerial ace
    feather dance
    mirror move

Fearow lvl. 63
    drill peck
    fly
    aerial ace
    fury attack

Dodrio lvl. 64
    drill peck
    tri attack
    toxic
    return

Golduck lvl. 65
    hydro pump
    psychic
    ice beam
    brick break

+ Hm Buddies (krabby, raticate)

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • Farm animal challenge

Kanto part 1:

My name: Farmer
    Rival's name: Burn
    Game: Firered

I started out with Squirtle, so I could quickly get to my first farm pokemon (Nidoran M).
    After the usual start I went to Pewter City.
    The first and the second trainer, I met, nearly defeated me because of their Weedles.
    After that I quickly arrived in Pewter City.
    After a quick heal I went to the gym, and I came out victorious a few minutes later.

I then went towards Cerulean City, and my Squirtle evolved into a Wartortle before I caught a Nidoran M.
    While I trained Nidoran M, I was lucky enough to find a Nidoran F as well.
    I trained them and saved just before Mt. Moon.

Current team:

Nidoran M, lvl 12:
    Peck
    Leer
    Focus Energy
    Double kick

Nidoran F, lvl 13:
    Scratch
    Growl
    Tail whip
    Double kick

Another update comes tomorrow!

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • UPDATE:
    Beat team rocket and gary, and sabrina's trainers are WAY WEAKER THAN KOGA

was i supposed to do saffron before fushia?

Wtvr, im gonna battle sabrina with this team!
    TEAM:
    Butterfree lv. 51
    psybeam
    confusion
    gust
    poisonpowder

Parasect lv. 46
    Spore
    Slash
    Cut
    Leech life

Krabby lv. 16
    Surf
    Bubble
    Leer

Leech life will probably rip sabrina apart XD

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Farm animal challenge

Kanto part 1:

My name: Farmer
    Rival's name: Burn
    Game: Firered

I started out with Squirtle, so I could quickly get to my first farm pokemon (Nidoran M).
    After the usual start I went to Pewter City.
    The first and the second trainer, I met, nearly defeated me because of their Weedles.
    After that I quickly arrived in Pewter City.
    After a quick heal I went to the gym, and I came out victorious a few minutes later.

I then went towards Cerulean City, and my Squirtle evolved into a Wartortle before I caught a Nidoran M.
    While I trained Nidoran M, I was lucky enough to find a Nidoran F as well.
    I trained them and saved just before Mt. Moon.

Current team:

Nidoran M, lvl 12:
    Peck
    Leer
    Focus Energy
    Double kick

Nidoran F, lvl 13:
    Scratch
    Growl
    Tail whip
    Double kick

Another update comes tomorrow!

You're lucky to have found both nidorans, but you'll have a lot of evolution canceling to do! It will be tough to train those nidoran, but the challenge you're playing is one of the thoughest, so... good luck!

UPDATE:
    Beat team rocket and gary, and sabrina's trainers are WAY WEAKER THAN KOGA

was i supposed to do saffron before fushia?

Wtvr, im gonna battle sabrina with this team!
    TEAM:
    Butterfree lv. 51
    psybeam
    confusion
    gust
    poisonpowder

Parasect lv. 46
    Spore
    Slash
    Cut
    Leech life

Krabby lv. 16
    Surf
    Bubble
    Leer

Leech life will probably rip sabrina apart XD

Wow, nice team! I've gotta say, that butterfree is probably destroying EVERYTHING! But trust me Kingler will be your best pokemon once you train it! One suggestion: delete cut from parasect and teach it Giga drain, and for Butterfree you should teach it psychic instead of confusion, aerial ace instead of gust, sleep powder instead of poisonpowder and substitute... and let the pwning begin!

Darksualc

Farm animal champion
    Years
  • Farm animal challenge

Kanto part 2

I fought my way through Mt. Moon skipping a lot of trainers.
    I arrived in Cerulean City and started training, because the first time I tried the gym and my Rival Burn, I got destroyed.
    After the training I took down Burn and the bridge.
    I skipped the gym till I got a Farfetch'd from a ingame trade.
    With the help from Farfetch'd I defeated Misty.

Then I destroyed S.S Anne.
    I realized, that I couldn't win against Lt. Surge, before some more training.
    Finally I defeated him using Farfetch'd, and ended up with this team:

Nidoran M, lvl 31:
    Peck
    Poison Sting
    Horn Attack
    Double kick

Nidoran F, lvl 24:
    Scratch
    Bite
    Poison Sting
    Double kick

Farfetch'd, lvl 24:
    Peck
    Cut
    Knock Off
    Fury Attack

You're lucky to have found both nidorans, but you'll have a lot of evolution canceling to do! It will be tough to train those nidoran, but the challenge you're playing is one of the thoughest, so... good luck!

It is indeed the hardest challenge because of the evolution canceling. The worst part is that there is only 1 everstone in firered, and I can't trade.

Update Update Update

Farm animal challenge

Kanto part 3

I went through the Rock tunnel using flash, and from there to Celadon City.
    I destroyed the gym using Farfetch'd and Nidoran M.

I fought Team Rocket in Game Corner and Pokemon Tower.
    I got a super rod and caught a Psyduck, and I trained it to a Golduck.
    I destroyed TR in Silph Co.
    I defeated the Saffron Gym using my Farfetch'd against Sabrina. (After a Sword Dance, Slash just slays them)

My team right now:

Nidoran M, lvl 33:
    Peck
    Poison Sting
    Horn Attack
    Double kick

Nido (Nidoran F), lvl 42:
    Fury Swipes
    Bite
    Poison Sting
    Double kick

Farfetch'd, lvl 44:
    Fly
    Cut
    Sword Dance
    Slash

Golduck, lvl 42:
    Confusion
    Disable
    Screech
    Psych Up

On to Fusia City

I'll update soon!

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • You're lucky to have found both nidorans, but you'll have a lot of evolution canceling to do! It will be tough to train those nidoran, but the challenge you're playing is one of the thoughest, so... good luck!

Wow, nice team! I've gotta say, that butterfree is probably destroying EVERYTHING! But trust me Kingler will be your best pokemon once you train it! One suggestion: delete cut from parasect and teach it Giga drain, and for Butterfree you should teach it psychic instead of confusion, aerial ace instead of gust, sleep powder instead of poisonpowder and substitute... and let the pwning begin!
    Butterfree dies to sabrina's kadabra, then leech life kills her!
    And im having trouble training krabby, after sabrina i'll go to cerulean to train. I am used to not flying, as I never have a flying pokemon in challenges

Farm animal challenge

Kanto part 2

I fought my way through Mt. Moon skipping a lot of trainers.
    I arrived in Cerulean City and started training, because the first time I tried the gym and my Rival Burn, I got destroyed.
    After the training I took down Burn and the bridge.
    I skipped the gym till I got a Farfetch'd from a ingame trade.
    With the help from Farfetch'd I defeated Misty.

Then I destroyed S.S Anne.
    I realized, that I couldn't win against Lt. Surge, before some more training.
    Finally I defeated him using Farfetch'd, and ended up with this team:

Nidoran M, lvl 31:
    Peck
    Poison Sting
    Horn Attack
    Double kick

Nidoran F, lvl 24:
    Scratch
    Bite
    Poison Sting
    Double kick

Farfetch'd, lvl 24:
    Peck
    Cut
    Knock Off
    Fury Attack

It is indeed the hardest challenge because of the evolution canceling. The worst part is that there is only 1 everstone in firered, and I can't trade.

Update Update Update

Farm animal challenge

Kanto part 3

I went through the Rock tunnel using flash, and from there to Celadon City.
    I destroyed the gym using Farfetch'd and Nidoran M.

I fought Team Rocket in Game Corner and Pokemon Tower.
    I got a super rod and caught a Psyduck, and I trained it to a Golduck.
    I destroyed TR in Silph Co.
    I defeated the Saffron Gym using my Farfetch'd against Sabrina. (After a Sword Dance, Slash just slays them)

My team right now:

Nidoran M, lvl 33:
    Peck
    Poison Sting
    Horn Attack
    Double kick

Nido (Nidoran F), lvl 42:
    Fury Swipes
    Bite
    Poison Sting
    Double kick

Farfetch'd, lvl 44:
    Fly
    Cut
    Sword Dance
    Slash

Golduck, lvl 42:
    Confusion
    Disable
    Screech
    Psych Up

On to Fusia City

I'll update soon!
    Were at the same spot in the game :)
    but are you gen one or remakes?

**** I DIDNT SAVE AFTER BEATING SILPH CO! SO I HAVE TO PWN MY RIVAL AGAIN!

just made this cuz of how hard he is:

god dammit he's hard

Update coming soon

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • Well, i just cheated :(
    i died in cinnabar mansion, (on purpose to get out of there) then i found my last poke center was in celadon, so i caught a pidgey to fly me back, but i deposited it right away dont worry XD

UPDATE IN VIDEO: BLAINE

wrong vid, here is the good one:

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Well, i just cheated :(
    i died in cinnabar mansion, (on purpose to get out of there) then i found my last poke center was in celadon, so i caught a pidgey to fly me back, but i deposited it right away dont worry XD

Well I guess this could be considered as a HM buddy so you have nothing to worry about!

P.S. to all players: I've posted a new challenge thread which you should be able to see tommorow when mods post it. This one will be far more difficult, so for more challenge, all of you should check it out!

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • Well I guess this could be considered as a HM buddy so you have nothing to worry about!

P.S. to all players: I've posted a new challenge thread which you should be able to see tommorow when mods post it. This one will be far more difficult, so for more challenge, all of you should check it out!
    I dont use HM slaves or buddies, i deposited him, he can play with pikachu and charmander in the pc :)

And sydian is pretty active, he will approve/decline it today probably

now... i did a lot of off-screen training, so be prepared to see my team:

BlueShellBeast

Rodent User
    Years
  • Well I guess this could be considered as a HM buddy so you have nothing to worry about!

Neat! I'll post my next update when I figure out how to get a water pokemon, so I can surf. I'm playing Ruby, and now I remember why I had problems with the 3rd generation.
    Edit: Never mind, That challenge looks painful. I'd loose in a second!

Back