• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] New Mechanics in Hacks?

Years
  • I have been interested in Pokémon hacking for quite some time now, and I've been looking around at various tutorials to figure out how to do it. Only problem is, none of the software advocated by any of these tutorials work for Mac, which I own, even when using Wine. I'm getting a PC soon, so I've been developing some ideas for basic hacks (sprite alterations, new moves/evolutions), but I was wondering how difficult it would be to add in a new mechanic to a 3rd gen game specifically something like Mega Evolutions. I'm excited to start hacking, but I feel like its a good idea to establish my limitations as a beginning hacker.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Everything regarding 6th Generation Experience has been solved. Mega Evolution has been cracked, just that the guy who found out, is keeping a closed source.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    Everything regarding 6th Generation Experience has been solved. Mega Evolution has been cracked, just that the guy who found out, is keeping a closed source.
    Who is this guy? And is he making a hack where he/she implements it?
    That selfish son of a

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2016
    Who is this guy? And is he making a hack where he/she implements it?
    That selfish son of a

It's the dude who is making Pokemon Indigo IIRC. The problem with his logic is that people will find out how he does it by peaking inside his ROM once he releases a patch with his mega evolution method. Although I think somebody is working on figuring it out on their own, as the guy who is making Pokemon Indigo claimed to be having a few issues with his method.

Back