• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New member! Gen 1

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    Hi, I really didn't know that the community was so big. I never imagined that there were so many hacks on old games.
    I got to me honest any say that I only know generation 1 Pokemons. I kinda stopped watching when 2nd gen came out.

My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Blue on a Gameboy. Red is fine but I always preferred Blue over Red and Blue/Red over yellow.

I found about this community when I found out that there is a ton of hacks for these games. I have been looking around and came across "Pokemon Blue Kaizo version"

It looked ok since I was looking for Pokemon Blue that has all the Pokemons without using glitches. I just didn't like that there were Pokemons in the grass for each two step I took. It depended on where I was, but it got a bit annoying. I also didn't prefer the map arrangement.

I don't know if I should ask this question here or make another thread in another post, but I'm looking for a hack that has the same map layout as Pokemon Blue and that you can catch all Pokemons without glitching. I would also like to have a hack that fixes so Charizard can Fly.

I found this really weird that Charizard couldn't fly since it is a fire and flying Pokemon. I did expect a flying Pokemon to fly. Some people say that they forgot to do that but I guess they did that so they could link with Pokemon Yellow players to get that. The linking with other games was a great idea at the time, but after all these years and playing alone, it's a shame that you can't get all Pokemons in either of Red, Blue and yellow version without using glitches.

So the hack I'm basically looking for is:
    - Same map layout
    - Capture all Pokemons without glitches
    - Make Charizard Fly and I guess even Gyarados since he is a flying Pokemon. Not sure how that works since he doesn't even have wings.
    - Maybe 2nd graphics? i saw that this was possible but not sure how it will work if I'm going to use other hacks also.

Edit: I also don't mind if the game is harder when it comes to harder opponents. Got to be honest that the original Blue game was a bit too easy. I really don't prefer Kaizo version though even if it's harder. I just didn't like the map and the spam Pokemons in the grass. Also I found it a bit unfair that Gary starts with a Mew? I don't mind a challenge, but Mew of all Pokemons? I just didn't like that idea.

Shuhbooty

space and time
    Years
    Hello and welcome! So happy you joined us! I think making a seprate post in the ROM/Hacking section will help you out more! (not a lot of people read the intro threads!)

I've never played anything that was hacked before, but after reading this, and the specifics it makes me want to try one out. xD

I hope you stay with us! The community is huge with the ROM/Hacks and so many other things! I can't wait to see you around the forums. Also a reminder to read the rules if you haven't!

xFireEagle13

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Hi, welcome to PC, Kikki!

There are so many hacks for the original versions, but yet for myself, I'm only working on a Chromebook, which doesn't do much downloading haha.

Red was always my favorite as Charizard was the cover and Charizard was my very first favorite Pokemon. I would also favor Blue over Yellow, but as Yellow had Pikachu as the cover... Well, who wouldn't favor Ash's Pikachu anyways haha.

That's cool you're interested in ROM/Hacking, which there is a ROM/Hacking Section on PC! Mostly everyone is really big into ROM/Hacking as well.

I, for myself, don't know if there's any hack without glitches, but if there is, congratulations for that person to create a dead-on masterpiece.

That'll be cool to make an avatar in the hack to fly since it's a flying Pokemon. I never seen any myself, but that sounds awesome.

Well, see you around, Kikki.

Back