• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New movement slots?

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    What if they gave us move sets? So, a Pokemon can know two (or three) sets of moves and can freely switch between them. So in a way, they can know 8 (or 12) moves, but can only have 4 set at a time.

The biggest bonus in this scenario would be if a Pokemon could use any HM move it knows outside of battle, even if it isn't currently slotted. So, I could have one water type Pokemon for all my water HMs and never have to worry about it again. Having something like this would solve almost all my problems with Pokemon in a practical sense.
    This is a genius idea!
    It'd be one way of protecting egg moves from being erased forever if you ever chose to replace it for any reason. I don't believe the move learner will recover lost egg moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    This is a genius idea!
    It'd be one way of protecting egg moves from being erased forever if you ever chose to replace it for any reason. I don't believe the move learner will recover lost egg moves.

Actually the move relearner DOES reteach lost egg moves, as well as gen 6 event pokemon that have special event moves (like V Create, or even the shiny gengar with Sludge Wave, etc) can also be retaught (doesn't work on gen 5 or earlier events though, as well as the pokemon that got the egg move HAS to be bred in gen 6, any earlier gens, even if it was born with the same move, will simply have all moves treated the same)

I don't want to see a fifth move slot EXCEPT for the pokemon that can learn transform (there's three of them, just in case anyone thinks it's a Ditto only thing) because it would not only be super handy to be able to transform into any pokemon on the field at any time rather than switching out and switching in, but in the case of Ditto with Imposter Ability, sometimes I don't WANT to transform into the pokemon directly across from me, but would rather transform into the one diagonal, or perhaps my partner (Two mega rayquaza's in online competition! :D ) so having some control into being able to transform would be a great addition.

Soopa Derp Cat

You dank memester you
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I honestly wouldn't be entirely against additional move slots, although really, one would be enough.

It's a kinda biased reason, but I've found that a lot of sets that I want to try out would work much, muuuuuch better if I could just squeeze in one more move. For example, I at one point had a Milotic with Recover, Refresh, Toxic and Dragon Tail. Milotic can toxic stall just about anything, and if anything tried to set up against me, I could just dragon tail it out. It seemed like such a great idea...and then I encountered a Mega Mawile on my very first match with the set. And that was GG. There was nothing I could do to it. Not "there was very little I could do", there was literally nothing I could do but draw out the inevitable.

And that's just ONE of the many stories I could have told. At least it was merciful and quick; moveset limitations can just as easily lead to two Pokémon that can basically do nothing to each other but stall and hope the other runs out of PP on all of their moves first. I had a certain experience involving a Jirachi and a Miltank that I'd rather not talk about. Let's just say it was ironic that my Jirachi had Rest, because on that particular night, I myself really didn't.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    I just think that they should make HM moves not part of the moveset. None of them are really any good, and if people do want to use them for whatever reason, they could just make TMs with the same moves.

Years
    I just think that they should make HM moves not part of the moveset. None of them are really any good, and if people do want to use them for whatever reason, they could just make TMs with the same moves.

I can see your point, but there are some HMs with decent power, such as Fly, Surf and Waterfall. It does still bug me how they can't be deleted even though TMs are now reusable, but I guess they don't want you to accidentally get stuck.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    I can see your point, but there are some HMs with decent power, such as Fly, Surf and Waterfall. It does still bug me how they can't be deleted even though TMs are now reusable, but I guess they don't want you to accidentally get stuck.

That's why you wouldn't be able to delete the HM. Actually, they should just make it so that you can use the HM move outside of battle without teaching it to a pokemon. You'd only need a pokemon who can use the move, and the gym badge. Then you wouldn't need to teach it to a pokemon unless you wanted to.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I think 4 slots is a good number but I would definitely have it so Hm's didn't take a move slot. Maybe instead of a physical move slot there could be a little symbol, a wing for Fly, wave for surf and so on, somewhere in the Pokemon's menu page indicating they can do that outside of battle.

Maybe a prompt would come up when teaching it to aPokemon and you could choose to delete a move in order to have it as a move or just as the icon. In order to use it you'd still have it featured on the quick moves window. Obviously you could delete the actual move anytime as it wouldn't prevent the pokemon from using it. And if you got the hm as a move it'd have the symbol automatically.

Ie you'd have the move and the symbol or just the symbol, but not just the move.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
    I think that HMs should divided into 2 categories : weak(with power <80) and strong(all HMs other than weak). One extra move slot should be reserved for weak HMs like cut, rock smash etc. and no extra slot for strong ones like surf, waterfall, etc.

Years
    I think that HMs should divided into 2 categories : weak(with power <80) and strong(all HMs other than weak). One extra move slot should be reserved for weak HMs like cut, rock smash etc. and no extra slot for strong ones like surf, waterfall, etc.

It does look like an interesting concept, but I feel it'll be extremely unlikely due to being overly complicated, and for us as players we usually don't like features that are too complex. Remember that the target audience tends to be kids aged around 7-12 and they like simplicity.

Back