• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New moves on old pokemon

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    hi there! Been a while since I have been here so sorry if this has already been asked, I couldn't find it in the search. Anyway, what NEW moves are now available on gen 6 or older pokemon?

I don't mean egg moves or TMs, (I have the lists of those) I mean specifically new level up moves that weren't available in earlier games or were but just weren't in the level up lists.

The closest thing I found was this: https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...-stats-abilities-or-their-movepool-in-pokemon

However, it does not mention Typhlosions Burn Up move, so I am looking for a comprehensive list of new level up moves on older pokemon. Can anyone help? I honestly don't want to go through each and every 800+ pokemon one window with the gen 6 move pool and one window with the gen 7 movepool comparing line by line every single move. Can anyone help? Thank you!

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I only did the research for the new Gen VII moves that were added to pre-Gen VII Pokemon movepools.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I only did the research for the new Gen VII moves that were added to pre-Gen VII Pokemon movepools.

Spoiler:

That does help a lot, thank you! I just hope someone has a list of existing moves on old pokemon to compliment this list because like what happened in ORAS (example, Water Shuriken being exclusive to Greninja, or Spiky Shield to Chesnaught, but then comes along ORAS and suddenly Acelgor knows Water Shuriken and Maractus learns Spiky Shield as level up moves but only in ORAS) I am wondering if there's suddenly some great available moves on existing pokemon that were just now made level up moves, you know?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    That does help a lot, thank you! I just hope someone has a list of existing moves on old pokemon to compliment this list because like what happened in ORAS (example, Water Shuriken being exclusive to Greninja, or Spiky Shield to Chesnaught, but then comes along ORAS and suddenly Acelgor knows Water Shuriken and Maractus learns Spiky Shield as level up moves but only in ORAS) I am wondering if there's suddenly some great available moves on existing pokemon that were just now made level up moves, you know?

The only ones I know from memory is Cryogonal with Ancient Power, Bidoof/Babarel with Crunch, Lunatone with Power Gem, and Solrock with Flare Blitz.

I can do some more research later and try to make a complete list, just don't expect it today. lol :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    The only ones I know from memory is Cryogonal with Ancient Power, Bidoof/Babarel with Crunch, Lunatone with Power Gem, and Solrock with Flare Blitz.

I can do some more research later and try to make a complete list, just don't expect it today. lol :p

Oh wow, that is also incredibly good to know! Thank you so much for that!

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Oh wow, that is also incredibly good to know! Thank you so much for that!

So, it turns out I had enough time to do it now.

Here is the complete list:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So, it turns out I had enough time to do it now.

Here is the complete list:
    Spoiler:

Oh my god thank you so much, I can't tell you how appreciative I am for this! Where on earth did you get all this info? This is fantastic! And I am kind of shocked that I can't find any mention on Dunsparce getting Body Slam back, but on a google search there is tons of posts years ago going on and on about how bad people wanted the move! Thank you again so much, this is wonderful!

Back