• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New NES Classic Edition Slated For Release This Year [Daily Bloggity Entry #328]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • [css-div="background-color: grey; border-style: solid; border-color: black"]
    bOxF5Sc.jpg

New NES Classic Edition

Date:
    20 July 2016
    Time: 8:42 AM ET
    Mood: Eh, could be better

Follow me on Twitter!

Old school becomes new school with this announcement.

What if I told you that the NES was making a comeback? Well, that's sort of the case. Announced on July 14th by Nintendo, the company will be releasing a portable, smaller version of their 1983 orginal system. Compatible with a Wii remote and a newly designed controller that mimics the aesthetic of the original NES controller, the miniature will have 30 games built into the system. It is currently slated to be released at $59.99 on November 11th of this year.

Here is the list of the 30 games built in:
    • Balloon Fight
    • Bubble Bobble
    • Castlevania
    • Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
    • Donkey Kong
    • Donkey Kong Jr.
    • Double Dragon II: The Revenge
    • Dr. Mario
    • Excitebike
    • Final Fantasy
    • Galaga
    • Ghosts'N Goblins
    • Gradius
    • Ice Climber
    • Kid Icarus
    • Kirby's Adventure
    • Mario Bros.
    • Mega Man 2
    • Metroid
    • Ninja gaiden
    • Pac-Man
    • Punch-Out! Featuring Mr. Dream
    • StarTropics
    • SuperC
    • Super Mario Bros
    • Super Mario Bros. 2
    • Super Mario Bros. 3
    • Tecmo Bowl
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
    What do you guys think of this ploy by Nintendo? Do you think it will be successful? Do you think you might buy it? Comment below as I'd love to discuss and talk with you about this topic!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! And remember, rate each entry so I can know what you guys like and what to improve on! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- El Héroe Oscuro

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

[/css-div]

I just bought the console about a month ago, but this looks like a really cool little addition if you just want to play some retro games, especially since most of the games this thing is gonna come with run around $60 themselves.

Back