• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon and forms for Sun and Moon

Years
    While I'm 80% sure those are real, I'm also kinda iffy because they were leaked so ridiculously early, whereas we didn't really know most of the starter evolutions until like...usually a month or two before release in prior generations, didn't we? It's kinda odd, but it's even stranger that as more leaks surface, they're pretty consistent with the descriptions of the starter evolutions, making the initial leak of the final starter evos even more likely to be real.

It is very interesting because starters' final evolutions have never been leaked this early before, and like you said the starter evolutions usually don't surface until close to release date. Given the concept art was part of a Chinese leak that accurately predicted a lot of stuff that was revealed in recent trailers, it is likely going to be real and that means 7th Gen will go down as the earliest point during pre-release that the new generation's starter evolutions surfaced, since June (which was when the art first surfaced) was only 3 months into the pre-release since S/M's announcement.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    I absolutely love these. I was a bit worried cause I wasn't fond of most pokemon from the previous two reveals. But this reveal is a whole other story. Most of them are fantastic, I love the bird that's different on each island. It makes me think of the birds on the Galapagos islands that Darwin used as an example in his theory of evolution.

I also love the Alola forms. It's like how creatures irl adapt to different environments. I can't wait to see more of them.

Years

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I already said my thoughts on them on a previous thread, but I'll say it again here:

I like new Exeggutor because it combines silliness with real life applications - it's based on the Dracaena tree or "dragon tree", which is why it's half Dragon. It'd be hilarious seeing it use Draco Meteor.

Alola Vulpix and Ninetales are beautiful, but being weak to a type their original form is good against (Steel) isn't doing wonders.

Alola Sandshrew and Sandslahs look awesome, but Ice/Steel is such a bad defensive typing.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I think they're trying to go with more daring typing combinations and those that haven't been used yet. Some of them are going to be vulnerable to multiple weaknesses but that can easily be rectified by modifying the stats to compensate for the weaknesses. Ice/Steel is an interesting combination and I wouldn't be surprised if we started to see more of these new combinations.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    After thinking about this... what I want to know is why or really how these Aloal forms come to be in the first place? I'm interested in understanding the requirements necessary, unless these are just Pokemon that you woulc encounter in the wild (pretty unlikely you'd find a wild Alolan Ninetails and Exeggutor, though)...

It's all a matter of Evolution( the real world concept if you're wondering). To simply put it short, Evolution can take place in animals by them adapting to their surroundings.They have a habit of doing this in order to survive. If they don't, they die. ( Basically, it's survival of the fittest.) As AlolanVulpix's Pokedex entry stated, in order to avoid other people it went to the mountaintops of dormant volcanoes. In real life, dormant volcanoes are FREEZING cold. So, Vulpix turning into an Ice type makes kind of sense( in-game logic).

I feel that these will just be regular Pokemon you find in the wild( probably on top of the Dormant Volcanoe seen on the map) Though I do wonder how we will evolve it. Maybe we'll get ice stone? I guess it's still a Vulpix just a differentiation in it's species. I mean..wouldn't you kill it with a fire stone? Alolan Exeggutor is probably a surprise type of Pokemon you encounter by accidentally stepping on it's neck. XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Many people expecting Alolan Arcanine but they forgot that A Regular Arcanine appeared on Rockruff trailer.

New Pokémon and forms for Sun and Moon

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    That doesn't really mean anything, though. Are you able to find both a regular Arcanine and an Alolan Arcanine (if that's a thing) this generation? We also don't even know how Alolan forms can even be achieved, if that, so I wouldn't be hasty in saying it absolutely doesn't exist, yet. It probably doesn't, in all honestly, but I want to be absolutely sure, first.

Alolan form is no something to achieve !
    It is a different form of previous Gen Pokemon because of different climate in Alola.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I would have thought that the Pokemon brought over from the eShop titles and Gen VI games would retain their original form, while those caught in Alola would take the Alolan form? Idk exactly how they're going to pull it off but that would be the most logical way imo.

Years
    I would have thought that the Pokemon brought over from the eShop titles and Gen VI games would retain their original form, while those caught in Alola would take the Alolan form? Idk exactly how they're going to pull it off but that would be the most logical way imo.

I think you have a logical point, in that the Alola Forms are what we encounter in-game while the normal versions of those Pokemon in question with the Alola Forms can be transferred in from Pokemon Bank used either with the 6th Gen games or the VC downloads of 1st Gen.

We likely won't know how it's determined for a while but this would make sense from a logic standpoint.

Back