• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon game ideas

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    This probably isn't the right section to be posting this in, probably not even the right forums. But I mean, I had a great idea for a new series of Pokémon games!

My thoughts:

- Instead of creating new, dumb Pokémon (in my opinion everything after Diamond/Pearl), they could make a game that is exactly the same as the gba games; Fire red, emerald, etc. They did it with Gold and Silver, but I was thinking: What if you want to continue from where you left off in the original? They should have the option when creating a new game to copy the save data from the gba version to the DS version, like the Pokémon trading thing from gba to DS in Diamond/Pearl. This would be awesome, you could start from where you left off, with a new graphics engine, and anything else.

- If they did this they could also improve the trading, so say you carry your save game over to the ds version. You could continue from where you left off and be able to trade over wifi instead of the Gameboy link.

These are just my thoughts, I really don't like where Pokémon is heading with all their new ugly looking Pokémon. I liked when everything made sense... I'd think it'd be more realistic to run into a snow golem in a wintery place than an ice cream cone... Take it as you will, hopefully someone takes my idea to Pokémon people.

H0tB3ans

What is Sylveon?~
    Years
  • Pokémon Crystal Song - A continue of Pokémon (also an old ROM I started but never finished because I had a lack of team members) Crystal after your character has completed the PokéDex.

There is a new team prowling around Johto, Team Crysame, determined on world domination. They have released a new form of Pokémon, they may look like your ordinary Pokémon, but they are actually Shadows from the past. They have been killed. Team Crysame are avenging there Pokémon's deaths by achieving world domination and destroying those who killed there once loved.

Just an idea of mine. >=3

Years
  • I'm not sure what you're getting at. Do you want them to just keep making the Gen III games and stop making newer gens?

Also, the 3DS is the new platform they'll be making Pokemon games for. Black and White where the last main series games for the DS, so making one for the DS lite which had the GBA port would make no sense from a business standpoint.

Also, you're far more likely to run into an ice cream cone than a snow golem. Ice cream cones actually exist. Whether or not you'd want to eat ice cream in the cold is a different question.

Lolcatcomics

Novice Geek
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    This would be a spin-off game for the 3DS/Wii U
    STORY:

The terrible Gensect army has risen! The world is in desperate need of a hero-but where is he? Deep in a secret lab under Cinnibar Island, Mewtwo has spent the last XX years (Events of generation 2,3,4,and 5) studying the secrets of his origin. When he senses a mass disturbance in the world above, he knows that the world needs him-but not yet. In order to become Awakened Form defeat Gensect, he needs certain, rare ingredients such as Mew DNA preserved in amber and secret tablets from the temples of lost civilizations.
    To accomplish this goal, he scans the surrounding area for Pokemon and teleports one down with a special machine (Metronome Machine? Name pending). This Pokemon is the player character. The species may be chosen by the player or determined via a Mystery Dungeon style quiz.

GAMEPLAY:
    Missions:
    The mission structure follows a Luigi's Mansion 2 format. The player is briefed by Mewtwo, beamed out of the lab, completes a mission, and is teleported back.

Evolving:
    The player can't evolve until a certain place in the story- either Mewtwo gains a piece of equipment that allows you to evolve, or a plot-based event occurs. (ie. discovering a sacred pool or an ancient crystal or something.)

New moves:
    Pokemon gain new moves normally by leveling up. In addition, they may learn Psychic and Dark type moves by paying to use Mewtwo's "Mutation Chamber".

Other Mechanics:
    Leveling up and such work just as they do in normal games: kill bad guy, get exp, level up.

GRAPHICS:
    The graphics would be semi 3D (Paper Mario: sticker star) in the overworld, and switch to X and Y style battling on contact with an enemy.

Back