• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokémon game to be announced next month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm guessing the Wii game is the most appropriate to guess, especially since they JUST released a DS game. If any Pokemon 3DS game is to be released, it'd be after this new title. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Pokemon series is usually pretty late to the "new handheld party" and doesn't release something until months later, if anytime.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's definately not going to be the third game to B/W, it's too early after B/W's release and I (unfortuantely) highly doubt a R/S/E remake, it would be ideal but I recon it's another spin-off. It won't be Ranger, we only got the third one late 2010.

Most probally a MD installment, I mean the last one was two years ago back in 09, and even that was kind of a third game to the two games Time & Darkness. I like the PMD installments so I woudn't be too botherd, but I'm kinda getting impatient for a R/S/E remake!

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    POKEMON TROZEI 2!!!!

RS3DS OMG OMG OMG!!

Hmm...there are a lot of things that this as-of-now unidentified game could turn out to be. RS3DS and/or Pokemon Gray are a bit too early, considering BW is relatively recent. Then again, we got wind of BW before HGSS was even released in the United States... New Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games are also a possibility. I'd be more inclined to think that it's possibly the 3DS game or the Wii game that Satoru Iwata hinted at earlier...likely the "Pokemon XD" of Generation 5.

Might this also be an announcement for Pokemon Snap 2 on the Wii? :D It might even be a Pokemon TCG game, given the recent developments of Pokemon TCG Online.. Even more surprisingly, it might be the announcement of a brand new Pokemon side series game that's unrelated to any of the current spinoffs!

But yeah...either "Wii XD", the unlikely Gray or RS3DS, another Mystery Dungeon entry, or an entirely new spinoff are my guesses.

EDIT
    : I can't tell whether Dengeki Nintendo DS has started 3DS gaming coverage yet, so I'm led to believe that the likelihood of a DS game is better, although the magazine apparently covers Wii games as well... If there's no 3DS coverage yet, a DS game has more probability than a Wii game. Otherwise, it's pretty much a toss-up between the three, with "DS game" still having somewhat of an edge.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I hope it's a Wii game that allows you to connect with Black and White. Them two only being able to connect with each other is meh. I'm hoping for a game like Stadium, (Gym Leader Castle, Minigames) or Colosseum (story mode), but it'll probably be Pokemon Revolution 2. :L

If it's not that, I hope it's either R/S remakes or a third game, both of which I doubt because I feel it is too soon. As some have already said, it'll probably be another ranger game or a mystery dungeon game, and the latter I dislike anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Another Ranger game is also kinda unlikely because HAL just made Ranger 3 last year, and I don't see why they'd suddenly pump another one out.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    FOr all of you saying it is too early for the 3rd game or RS remakes, it's not. It is exactly time. GS and C had a year gap and since most main games come out in September that will be a year gap.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    FOr all of you saying it is too early for the 3rd game or RS remakes, it's not. It is exactly time. GS and C had a year gap and since most main games come out in September that will be a year gap.

If the remakes will be announced, I hope its not restricted in 3DS cause I don't have a money yet for a 3DS :(

Soul Eater

→ w e a p o n.
    Years
    I'd like for it be a spin-off for the Wii, similar to Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, only y'know.. better. I doubt that'll happen, though. It would also be nice to see a B&W Mystery Dungeon, but I'll play it whatever it is.

Unless it's Pokemon Ranger.. never been too fond of those, but if the new game happens to be one, then maybe I'll give Ranger another try.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013

Crystal came out nearly 10 years ago, though - developing a game for the Game Boy Colour is a lot different from developing for a modern system.

(also compare the list of changes that Crystal made to the ones thatPlatinum made)

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Im hoping its a remake of R/S because the Emerald I bought turned out to be a fake version and I cant transfer any of my awesome Hoenn pokes to the new gen games.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    I for one hope it's a PBR 2. But they also need a new ranch. Pack them together?

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    Maybe..Maybe they were going to add a bunch of st00f for B/W, but held back for a new gen..Or maybe for the R/S/E remakes, or the third game? :D. Or perhaps its just some stupid spinoff (>'.')>. Either way, we shall find out!

blue

gucci
    Years
    It'd make sence, I mean they may be changing the whole pattern, they wanna have a game that can trade Pokemon from and to B&W although a MD seems most plausable atm.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Huh. That wasn't there before, I swear.

Well, I don't think it's the 3rd version, not if it's for 3DS. When have they ever done that?
    If it wasn't there, how would pokewalker know to make this thread? Bam.

There's never been a new handheld released after the two main games either, so your point is invalid.

I think it's either a spin-off or the third version. Platinum came before Heart Gold and Soul Silver, so I don't think we would hear any news about the Ruby and Sapphire remakes until after that's released in at least Japan.

Although it'd be cool if I was wrong.

Although, I am hoping for a new Pokemon Rumble. Loved that game. LOVED IT.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I really hope it's not a Pokemon RPG for the 3DS, because right now I don't want to get the 3DS thanks to several factors I'm not going to discuss right here. >.> I don't think it's going to be a Pokemon RPG release because we just got Pokemon Black and White last month. They usually wait a year after the previous RPG release before releasing a new one. It's probably a spin-off for the 3DS.

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    Almost everyone forgets the fact the Gold & Silver were released on Game Boy and Crystal was released on Game Boy Color! so it's very much possible for them to release the 3rd installment on the 3DS. They've done it before there's no reason why they wouldn't do it again.
    The main gen releases always come out in September in Japan. So if they're spreading news about it in May it could very well be for a release in September.. I would LOVE if they released RSE remakes (I hope it wouldn't be on 3DS coz i don't thinks it's worth the money its selling for so i'm not buying one until it's relatively cheaper) It could be Grey..
    I'd love an adventure game on the Wii, with wild Pokemon battles e.t.c. like Col/XD but better!
    I've never really liked the MD games so i'd be disappointed if it was those, as for ranger i only really enjoyed the first one.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I want to see a Wii game announced. It's too early for the B/W enhanced 3rd game, and the thought of putting putting up with all those water routes in Hoenn certainly doesn't have me looking forward to a R/S remake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back