• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokémon game to be announced next month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Instead of stretching the graphics to fit the new resolution (which I agree, that would be ugly), couldn't they just enlarge the viewing area? In other words, you'd be able to see Zoroark's feet and the tip of its ponytail in the 3DS version of that screenshot? I wouldn't know, I'm not a programmer.

Sure but that leaves you with a massive empty space (pretty much every single screen in the game will have empty space on the sides of the screen, because the 3DS has a much wider screen than the DS) and a low-resolution blown up sprite that would be unacceptable for any developer to release on the 3DS.

Take Madden '07 for example: it was released on PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Xbox 360, Windows, DS, Game Boy Advance, Wii, and Nintendo GameCube. It's not lazy, it's smart.

The problem here is that Madden games often strive to have good graphics for their target systems - the PS3 and 360 versions of Madden '10 don't look the same as the Wii version, for example.

This is because EA Tiburon are a development studio much, much larger than Game Freak. They can afford to have people working on different versions of the game.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I bet it won't be a third version. For sure. 7 months is roughly the half or 1/3 of the time when a third version is released.

BattleBeard

The Ultimate Beard
    Years
    Just please release the rest of the main 5th Gen games on the DS, that'll do fine for now. I can probably have a 3DS by 6th gen, okay, Gamefreak?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Pokemon Yellow. Loved that game.

What is it with people wanting a Yellow remake? I've seen tons of people asking for this around the internet and even one of my friends wonders why it hasn't been made.

That ship has sailed. If they were going to remake the third versions, they would have done it with FR/LG and HG/SS already.

It is sad, though. I wish I could have my Crystal remake with the return of Kris and the ability to fight Leaf in the end instead of Red.

Anyway, I don't expect this game announcement to be anything other than some random spin-off game that I couldn't care less about. It's too early to hear about "Grey" or the R/S remakes (you know it was around 5 years or so between FR/LG and HG/SS). I wish it would be "Grey" though, and I wish it would be 3DS enhanced. I haven't gotten around to B/W yet and it would be nice if they would make "Grey" work better on the 3DS so I could have an excuse to wait.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years

What is it with people wanting a Yellow remake? I've seen tons of people asking for this around the internet and even one of my friends wonders why it hasn't been made.

That ship has sailed. If they were going to remake the third versions, they would have done it with FR/LG and HG/SS already.

Well, alot of people (like me) think Yellow is one of the best games, being it hard (Brock is almost impossible to defeat) and awesome. Plus it is the 4th game, actually.

I think they also should make the games on the DS, just like that guy with the Croagunk avatar (don't remember your name, sorry) because B/W are now on DS, the rest shouldn't be on 3DS. I think. Only they should make other spin-offs on 3DS. But that's off-topic, lol.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Plus it is the 4th game, actually.

Whatever, doesn't change the validity of anything I said.

I think they also should make the games on the DS, just like that guy with the Croagunk avatar (don't remember your name, sorry) because B/W are now on DS, the rest shouldn't be on 3DS. I think. Only they should make other spin-offs on 3DS. But that's off-topic, lol.

The DS is outdated, now, though. Pokemon Crystal was released exclusively for the Gameboy Color, even though both Gold and Silver could be played on the old Gameboys.

I can't claim what they're going to do because I don't know. However, whatever they do I do hope they make 'Grey' work better than B/W on the 3DS... If that's possible without making it a 3DS game? I've heard that the graphics are noticeably more blurry when playing it on the 3DS. And while you can hold down Start and Select and restore it to its original resolution, that's way too small.

If they don't switch to the 3DS I wouldn't be too surprised. I really await to see what the sixth generation will look like on the 3DS.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I bet it won't be a third version. For sure. 7 months is roughly the half or 1/3 of the time when a third version is released.
    Yes it will be 7 months but in September which is when most main games are released it will be one year.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
    Well I hope it's not a Pokemon Mystery dungeon game, i dislike those very much xD..
    But I'd love one of the GameCube spin-offs to be re-released. although i doubt that will be what they are.
    It's probably going to be a pants spin-off like Pokemon snap 3 or something, maybe a Hoenn Re-make too.
    Those two would be the most likely.

~Kian

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Anything involving Orre, Todd taking pictures, or turning into a Pokemon and wandering through six million caves is welcome on my 3DS. Maybe Ranger too, but I'd much prefer the others.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I'd love a new Mystery Dungeon, with 3D dungeons :D

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I tried playing a PMD game the other day and it got old fast. I can handle ranger games unless they are 100% complete.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Even if they did rush or not. Gen 6 would still be on the 3DS. Please no full 3d models and all

I agree that mystery dungeon cant get a bit boring. The only cool thing is that random dungeon generator.

A new snap game would be nice. I never liked stadium 1&2. Though a new shadow game! <33
    If something main. then hopefully r/s remakes

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Serebii said on Bulbagarden that there is a rumor that there is nothing to do with Pokemon in Dengeki.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    https://www.pokemonaus.com/?p=3471

Such a letdown!

The latest issue of Dengeki Nintendo went on sale today in Japan and the magazine promised in their previous issue that they would be announcing a new Pokémon game. It turns out the new game announcement is in regards to Pokémon Battrio, a Japanese exclusive arcade game where you collect real life circular Pokémon chips to use in battles.

I swear it's the only place I can get information from, idek, other sites are being vague and such, and some of which aren't even loading.

I'd lol if other sites came out with other info, thouuugh. And I totally found it before livewire!

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    lol battrio. it was hilarious when I was playing it with my friend at the pokemon centre and we were getting the most strangest looks by the little kids. probably wondering why "mature" foreigners were playing their games.
    but damn. thats a let down. since the announcement is more than likely will be a spin off of somekind it will be overshadowed by all the amazing announcements of e3... oh well its the devs choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back