• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    BeachBoy said:

I love it, and this theory, either way.

This.

The Pokemon itself is pretty adorable, and I'm lovin' this theory.

It's interesting to me how someone could pick up on something like that. I mean, that text referencing to that Pokemon is a pretty minute detail. o_o Although, to me it doesn't seem like a coincidence at all. Even if someone told me it was, I don't think I'd believe them. Especially since that's the only Pokemon with any kind of floral pattern on it, without actually being a grass-type Pokemon. o_O Even they don't have fancy patterns on themselves.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years

This.

The Pokemon itself is pretty adorable, and I'm lovin' this theory.

It's interesting to me how someone could pick up on something like that. I mean, that text referencing to that Pokemon is a pretty minute detail. o_o Although, to me it doesn't seem like a coincidence at all. Even if someone told me it was, I don't think I'd believe them. Especially since that's the only Pokemon with any kind of floral pattern on it, without actually being a grass-type Pokemon. o_O Even they don't have fancy patterns on themselves.

I completely agree; I don't think it's a coincidence, and I have a feeling we'll be seeing that girl in this gen maybe? :o That would be such a cool idea.. all grown up like XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    It's a coincidence, and that's a very generic description. They wouldn't have hinted that long ago about a very unspectacular Pokemon....by that I mean, Munna doesn't seem like it''ll have any big role, just another Pokemon.

And use some common sense, it is not a Drowzee evo. It's merely a Pokemon that's loosely based on the same idea. It's very well established by now that baby Pokemon look very similar to their evolutions. They are not going to make this exceptions.

Why would ANYONE want a Drowzee evolution? That's so random, pre-evolutions are so stupid. I can't wait to see Munna's evolutions, I'm definitely using it on my team :).

Olliee

Years
    Okay so I will try to increase my evidence of Munna not being a baby drowzee..
    Chingling is the contradiction to how I last posted my evidence. But I still stand by the looking like the evolution. For example;
    [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked
    >>

As you can see Chingling is basically the Chimecho's body, just with a shorter tail and no levitation; now heres munna and drowzee.
    >>

I personally see absolutely no connection to the design of these two pokemon, infact it relates more to phanpy than it does to drowzee imo.
    Munna is a dream eating pokemon. But yet both Hypno and Drowzee are Hypnosis pokemon, I know this is a weak point but why would it change, another key point is that both hypo and drowzee's japanese names are to do with sleeping, munna isn't..

On another point; Munna is levitating or floating, now I know that it learns the new move Telekinesis, BUT the description of that move is to make your foes levitate; not your own pokemon. Surely if it were to evolve into drowzee it wouldn't loose the capabilities to float, because I for one have never seen a drowzee float and it wouldn't suddenly be able to do in this gen.

Okay so this is my evidence. Feel free to pull me up on stuff :o

It's a coincidence, and that's a very generic description. They wouldn't have hinted that long ago about a very unspectacular Pokemon....by that I mean, Munna doesn't seem like it''ll have any big role, just another Pokemon.

And use some common sense, it is not a Drowzee evo. It's merely a Pokemon that's loosely based on the same idea. It's very well established by now that baby Pokemon look very similar to their evolutions. They are not going to make this exceptions.

Why would ANYONE want a Drowzee evolution? That's so random, pre-evolutions are so stupid. I can't wait to see Munna's evolutions, I'm definitely using it on my team :).

I'll be using it on my team for sure too. XD aslong as it doesn't evolve into drowzee T__T

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    Chingling looks just like Chimecho and is a very natural transition. They both have the same eyes and smile, and whatever is coming out of his head is shaped Blue and Red, like Chimecho.

There are absolutely no similarities between Munna snd the Drowzee line. For what...IT'S NOT BIPEDAL. Different eyes, as well as some sort of gem-like thing on it's head (maybe for hypnosis). And can we not forget the floral pattern? It's obviously going to develop with it's evolution.

We know nothing about Munna. And just because her and Drowzee appear to have a similar concept people are already jumping to stupid conclusions? She's not a Drowzee evo.

Olliee

Years
    Chingling looks just like Chimecho and is a very natural transition. They both have the same eyes and smile, and whatever is coming out of his head is shaped Blue and Red, like Chimecho.

There are absolutely no similarities between Munna snd the Drowzee line. For what...IT'S NOT BIPEDAL. Different eyes, as well as some sort of gem-like thing on it's head (maybe for hypnosis). And can we not forget the floral pattern? It's obviously going to develop with it's evolution.

We know nothing about Munna. And just because her and Drowzee appear to have a similar concept people are already jumping to stupid conclusions? She's not a Drowzee evo.

I did think that the floral pattern would be way to unique to turn into something stupid like drowzee. XD
    I'm anxious to see what it will end up evolving into.

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
    I'm pretty sure it wont evolve into Drowzee.... but.... If you take out your glasses XD... It looks like a drowzee's head!

Nah, I'm sure it won't. It's too much of a drastic change. No flowers on drowzee at all.

I just noticed something... Drowzee and Hypno can't even learn Dream Eater by level up, and Munma is the Dream Eating pokemon.

Not it would be ironic if that picknicker had a drowzee....no, she didnt.

Olliee

Years
    Hihidaruma analysed.

Okay I'm not sure if this thread has been made as of yet;
    I was doing a little digging into Hihidaruma, Now my first thoughts on this pokemon were, wow a fire monkey, unoriginal and it's ugly, now I still think its ugly. BUT I don't think its Unoriginal other than its typing. XD I translated the name correctly I believe;

Hi = Fire?
    Daruma is a type of doll from Japan where it has 2 discs for eyes and when you fill in one eye it means you start a goal, and when you fill in the other it means you completed the goal. So this is what I have so far..

firefiredaruma. A pic will make this easier to understand.

From the pic of hihidaruma and the daruma doll I notice the patterns on the stomach, and the eyebrows, and ofcourse the monkeyish look of the daruma doll.
    I wasn't sure if this was done yet, if it has been please lock this thread :D

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Someone do the maths please.
    Infernape + Heatran = ???

But yes.
    It says on bulbapedia:
    hihi = baboon
    and hidaruma = body covered with flames.

There's food for thought.

Last edited:

Olliee

Years
    Someone do the maths please.
    Infernape + Heatran = ???

But yes.
    It says on bulbapedia:
    hih = baboon
    and hidaruma = body covered with flames.

There's food for thought.

Oh! I didn't know hih was baboon!
    Okay that makes alot more sense, so it links the doll with the two words broken down. Hm this is an interesting pokemon ! Thanks for your addition.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2010
    in japan the daruma doll is a symbol of luck and encouragement... and hihidaruma's ability is encourage

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    Yeah, it's hihi. Minor error. My bad. :p

Indeed. It is interesting. O.O

The doll does bear some resemblence with it though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    comparisons between Infernape and Hihidoruma are void. Infernape is based on the Sun Wukong while Hihidoruma is based on a Dharma doll. Ironically, the sun Wukong wasn't associated with fire, but Dharma dolls are. I believe there is a certain Buddhist ceremony in which the dolls that have served their purpose in bringing luck are burned so that the spirit within could pass on to the next world.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too well-versed in Buddhism, and that's a quick fact I read on wikipedia. XD

Olliee

Years
    in japan the daruma doll is a symbol of luck and encouragement... and hihidaruma's ability is encourage

I believe the filling in the pupils is the goal, and the doll encourages you to fulfil your goal so you can fill in the other pupil?

Cyndahog

lol hi
    Years
    comparisons between Infernape and Hihidoruma are void. Infernape is based on the Sun Wukong while Hihidoruma is based on a Dharma doll. Ironically, the sun Wukong wasn't associated with fire, but Dharma dolls are. I believe there is a certain Buddhist ceremony in which the dolls that have served their purpose in bringing luck are burned so that the spirit within could pass on to the next world.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not too well-versed in Buddhism, and that's a quick fact I read on wikipedia. XD

I meant that they looked slightly similar, not anything to do with what they are based on.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    Pokemon Sunday

I just realized today is Saturday. :P So Pokemon Sunday is tomorrow, right? Meaning a possibility of MORE pokemon and even MORE info on the ones we currently know about, right?

Olliee

Years
    I just thought I would post this as I saw a lot of criticism of Hihidaruma being unoriginal, but I think this shows a lot of originality.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Well thanks for clearing that up. Saw something like this, not as accurate though, on Serebii. Not I see the creature in a different light, I might not loath it so much. I might even need is as I'm starting with the Grass starter.

Back