• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen NEW Pokémon: Vivilion and Noivern!

blue

gucci
Years
  • I hope Clauncher turns out similar to Kingler/Crawdaunt, I really like those two Pokemon and they're kinda underrated imo. I've been planning out my team for X and Y and even though there are still plenty more to reveal, I haven't got a water type planned just yet and I could definitely see myself using Clauncher to take that spot on my team during my first playthrough.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Just compare:
    Spoiler:

As you can see, Clauncher looks way meaner/tougher than Corphish and Krabby, so I'm expecting that its final stage will be tougher than Crawdaunt and Kingler. I won't be surprised if it has over 500 BST.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Clauncher evolves from a Pistol Shrimp into a MANTIS SHRIMP.

http://video.nationalgeographic.com...rabs-lobsters-shrimp/deadliest-mantis-shrimp/

Just Like the Pistol Shrimp, Mantis Shrimp Create IMPLOSIONS. The Shockwave stuns prey. However, Each Punch from a Mantis Shrimp has the force of a .22 Caliber Bullet.

An ACTUAL Bullet Punch!

Mantis Shrimp can't be kept in a tank with other animals. Because they will kill and eat anything. And they can break aquarium glass.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/mantis_shrimp

Click this Link to see a comic from the Oatmeal. It describes why Mantis Shrimp are AWESOME!

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Vivillon = BOOOORING! The traditional Bug/Flying type has got me snoring.

Noivern = Holy. Crap. Not only is this thing sound-based, but it's a goddamn Wyvern! EPIIIIC!

Talonflame = Very interesting. Finally a twist from the typical Normal/Flying types! I find that the name is not creative in the least though. Probably the worst name they've come up with yet.

Clauncher = Ooooh, quite nice indeed. This shrimp thing has a nice design to it and has the potential to evolve into something badass.

Skrelp = What the hell? This... it's a rotten seahorse. ...wat?

Final verdict = 3/5. Good job so far Gamefreak.

Years
  • I definitely love Noivern. Well I love dragon types. And it shall be my dragon in my team for X & Y.
    I also like Skrelp. I actually might use it as my water type in my team. I just hope that its evolution will be good.
    And Talonflame, I am hoping that it is the 2nd stage of Fletchling.
    Not sure yet of what to think of Vivillon or Clauncher yet.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • Noivern: A truly awesome and EPIC Wyvern Pokemon! Looks like it could be from gen 4!

Vivillon: I just love this butterfly! Its wings was the first thing I saw and when I first saw it my first thought was ''Disco Butterfly'' because of the red/pink/white and green colors on its wings. xD

Skrelp: This looks awesome! This is maybe one of those Pokemon you judge by its appearance and its stats *cough*Magikarp*cough* but then it evolves into something powerful and awesome!

Talonflame:A very cool looking Pokemon and like Xilfer123 said, finally a bird Pokemon that doesn't follow the stream by being a Normal/Flying Pokemon but the name must be one of the non original names I've heard. Gamefreak could have done it better.

Clauncher: Awesome design and like someone else just said, it kinda looks like Shinx. This will probably be a very overrated Pokemon but I would be more than happy to try to train one and see how it goes.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • Does anybody else think that we will find Noivern or its pre evos in that graveyard?You know the one that resembles stonehenge.
    Why am i saying this?Noivern is based on a Wyvern which originates from England and Stonehenge is in England so probably thats the case.But he still could be in the victory road.

WishCookie

Years
  • I don't know if anyone said it before, but Noivern looks like it could be something from HarmoKnight (which was also developed by GameFreak). Maybe they based his design on that ;)
    PS_3DSDS_HarmoKnight.png

image_56513_thumb_wide610.jpg

Or maybe I'm just thinking too much.

I can't see a connection more than the colors if that now was the point. xD

WishCookie

Years
  • I meant the giant speakers on its head and the colors, but idk. It just looks so sound based.
    Whatever, I like it and will probably use it in XY :)

Ooooooh, okey. Now I understand. Well it does look a bit like it but I doubt that Noivern is based by Harm of Knight, but who am I to confirm that? :P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Talonflame. Oh my lord yes. Finally a starting bird that I actually WANT to use. It looks pretty ferocious, plus I love it's typing for in-game purpose. Noivern looks like it's going to be the pseudo-legendary Dragon more than likely, and I'm pretty okay with that. It looks totally kick-butt and awesome aesthetically. And all I have to see about Vivillion is OMG SO CUTE WANT!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Talonflame. Oh my lord yes. Finally a starting bird that I actually WANT to use. It looks pretty ferocious, plus I love it's typing for in-game purpose. Noivern looks like it's going to be the pseudo-legendary Dragon more than likely, and I'm pretty okay with that. It looks totally kick-butt and awesome aesthetically. And all I have to see about Vivillion is OMG SO CUTE WANT!

based on what we know right now, I don't think it can be classified as Pseudo since it doesn't seem to be part of an evolutionary line. He fits 1 qualifying mark, Dual typed, but still need his base power to be 600 if he's final, and he'd have to be the last of 3.

I think those are the only real determining factors for Pseudo legends at the moment.

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Vivilion and Noivern- hmmm very French sounding names to me. I really like the bat Pokemon, it looks really cool and bad! Also,the butterfly looking one is pretty. :)

Back