• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I see... So waiting for a list this early is almost tantamount to waiting for leaks, eh?
    Pretty much.
    I know GF won't put almost the whole list out like X/Y IIRC, but I'm sure we'll see a few in future reveals. I'm expecting up to 6 this month with E3 and CoroCoro both confirmed to have news.

Years
    Pretty much.
    I know GF won't put almost the whole list out like X/Y IIRC, but I'm sure we'll see a few in future reveals. I'm expecting up to 6 this month with E3 and CoroCoro both confirmed to have news.

I'm sure we'll get some new Pokemon revealed at both E3 and in CoroCoro, and with more new Pokemon revealed in coming months but hopefully enough so that some of the new Pokemon roster is secret until release day.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So three new Pokemon, Pikipek, Yungoos, and Grubbin added to Pokemon.com

Birb finally revealed!

Grubbin
    New Pokémon

Yungoos
    New Pokémon

Pikipek
    New Pokémon

Years
    I didn't exactly pick up on this, but posts on Tumblr I was randomly browsing through seem to think that they have seen that Lillie has a Pokemon in her bag, and they think it was Rowlet. Guess that means Lillie will have the starter strong against ours after all like we thought.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    They're all so cyooooooot!

Definitely gonna bring a pikipek with me everywhere, might also take a grubbin if its evolutions are useful. I'm almost certain it's not, but with that look it could easily be a prevolution of pinsir. I refuse to use yungoos, though, since I have a long-standing grudge against all things mongoose.

Spoiler:

Years
    Yungoos' teeth are so cute. I am guessing his evo may very well surpass Linoone in badassness among the early-route normal types.

Hopefully the evolution looks at least a little bit like a wolfssegner with those teeth! Definitely see it as a glass cannon with high attack and speed, with low defensive stats.

I could see them adding fighting, dark, or keeping the pure normal typing with the evolution as well.
    New Pokémon

I also like Grubbin's design. You can tell that those tusk-like antennas are used to shovel things into its mouth. As a bug-type fan, I am hopeful we will get more than one bug-line this generation! Though, would like to see a cute/beautiful bug like Leavanny, Vespiquen, Volcarona, Beautifly, and Butterfree. It's likely that Grubbin will resemble an adult grub which is anything but beautiful -- though hopefully an equally interesting design.

I am guessing the evo's typing will be either pure bug or add on a ground, rock, or steel typing provided the little helmet shielding it's head. Also I expect it to have high defense and HP, moderate attack, low specials, and abysmal speed.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    It is possible. Eevee seemed out of place, but we are kinda pick at straws there.

Anyways, from what we know of the Dex.

Starters have 2 evos obviously.
    Bird has 2 evos.
    The bug probably has 2 evos as well.
    Dog might have 2
    Koala might have 1

Did anyone see how many pokeballs were next to Yungoose's dex entry? My video cut out before I could see it.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    So three new Pokemon, Pikipek, Yungoos, and Grubbin added to Pokemon.com

Birb finally revealed!

Grubbin
    New Pokémon

Yungoos
    New Pokémon

Pikipek
    New Pokémon

Overall I'm quite happy with these guys.

Yungoos is cute in a funny sort of way. It's also my favourite of the regional rodents along with Sentret and Zigzagoon.

Pikipek is pretty cool although this base form doesn't stand out a lot to me. (from other regional birds) It's animation with the way it bobs it's head is pretty cute though.

My favourite is Grubbin though. I just feel like this guy has a lot of potential. Hopefully it'll be more of a Venipede or Sewaddle than a Caterpie or Wurmple.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It is possible. Eevee seemed out of place, but we are kinda pick at straws there.

Anyways, from what we know of the Dex.

Starters have 2 evos obviously.
    Bird has 2 evos.
    The bug probably has 2 evos as well.
    Dog might have 2
    Koala might have 1

Did anyone see how many pokeballs were next to Yungoose's dex entry? My video cut out before I could see it.

They covered the screen when the Pokedex entry for Yungoose came up for some reason. By that total though including the legendaries, that brings the total to 22-24 new Pokemon so far.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Yeah and most are confirmed for first island.

Also, the Odd Generations usually have a lot of bug types. Kanto got a few. Unova got a ton. Hoenn got a good amount.
    So I am going to guess Alola will also have a large amount of new bugs. Especially with it being tropical.
    Also, if the dex that was coming up was the Melemele Dex, which is the first island, Ledian is #20 and Pikipek is #10.

Also take note that that was only Route 1. There is probably about 5 routes and a cave on the islands. Pichu is probably also found on Route 1 since Hau had one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    They covered the screen when the Pokedex entry for Yungoose came up for some reason. By that total though including the legendaries, that brings the total to 22-24 new Pokemon so far.

Some are saying that it may have contained the name of another Pokemon which was why it was censored like that.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Some are saying that it may have contained the name of another Pokemon which was why it was censored like that.

Possible. That theory is probably formed from the fact that some people think that it is a pre evolution of Zangoose, and I really don't think that is it. It doesn't really look like Zangoose at all and I don't think it be catchable in the wild that early if it was new. Most pre evolution have to be breed to get unless it is something like Friend Safari or Mr. Backlot's Garden in Sinnnoh. I think that is his name.

With the mongoose being introduced to get rid of rodents and what not in Hawaii a while ago, it could be a new mouse or rat pokemon, which we honestly haven't have a really rat or mouse since first generation.

I do think we will get a snake pokemon though. We got snakes in 1st, 3rd, and 5th gens. Even though in 5th Gen, it was one of the starters.

Back