• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

blue

gucci
    Years
    With the new trailer for the anime, it is shown that Kiawe, the guy with the Alolan Marwahk in games, seems to have a Tortanator. That seems pretty strong for the start of a saga like that. It could be that he is just borrowing it, but this could me Tortanator is a stand alone pokemon or actually evolves.

I wonder if this means he will use one in the actual games on his team? Sometimes the anime teams differ from the in-game teams, but I can't imagine him just having Alolan Marowak.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Is anyone else surprised that we don't have a bat pokemon yet? I know not every generation has a new bat pokemon, but it seems kinda odd to me for some reason. Then again it has been 2 generations for bats, skip 2 gens, and then 2 more gens for bats. Maybe there won't be a bat this year because of all the flying types so far.

But honestly, I haven't really seen that many pokemon who may live in caves either. And none seem to live in the badlands or desert we have on big island. Most of the ones that would seem to live in areas like that, seem to be more just rocky terrain. Most of every pokemon we have seen, seems to be grass or forest like pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Maybe , Aether Foundation should make another artificial Mecha Pokemon to fight Ultra Beasts .

blue

gucci
    Years
    Is anyone else surprised that we don't have a bat pokemon yet? I know not every generation has a new bat pokemon, but it seems kinda odd to me for some reason. Then again it has been 2 generations for bats, skip 2 gens, and then 2 more gens for bats. Maybe there won't be a bat this year because of all the flying types so far..

Lunala is a bat. Though, if you're talking about the typical non-legendary Bat Pokemon that we seem to get frequently then I guess there's still time. I just wouldn't bet surprised if there were none this gen due to Lunala being the legendary Pokemon as a bat.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Lunala is a bat. Though, if you're talking about the typical non-legendary Bat Pokemon that we seem to get frequently then I guess there's still time. I just wouldn't bet surprised if there were none this gen due to Lunala being the legendary Pokemon as a bat.

I'll be honest, forgot Lunala was a bat. Didn't even look at legends. Guess because I was thinking it wouldn't be in a cave, as it show sit outside. But yeah, you are right, Lunala is indeed a bat.

Still, the only other pokemon, so far, that might live in a cave is Minior and maybe Jangmo-o, although, it says they live in canyons or something along those lines.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I decided to type up a list of my own predictions for the amount of Pokemon we're getting. I included evolutions and pre-evolutions where I felt they were likely, included past trends like four fossil Pokemon and also included some Pokemon I've seen mentioned in credible rumours. (unless otherwise mentioned I just left them as single stage Pokemon for now)

It should be obvious but if it says "Evo" it's referring to a previous Pokemon the list and if it says "Prevo" it's referring to a Pokemon after it. Also, I'm not counting form changes as separate Pokemon. (because they're probably going to share the same pokedex slot)

You probably shouldn't look at it if you don't want to spoil the rumours though.

--------------------------

Spoiler:

I think Passimian and Oranguru will have prevos rather than evolutions, since they seem like they're fully evolved to me. It wouldn't be the first time version exclusives had their final form revealed first either. Reuniclus and Gothitelle were the only ones in their line revealed pre-release during 5th gen.

I gave Cutiefly another evolution because (imo) the image we saw of it's evolution doesn't look fully evolved.

I could have put in another mythical but I decided to play it safe and leave it at three.

This list brings the total to 85....and it has a total of 7 non-legendary single stage Pokemon. (I'm not counting the rumoured Pokemon because even though they will probably evolve I didn't want to include that when it wasn't mentioned by any "leakers" that they evolve) Which lines up pretty well with gen 6. (which had 5 non-legendary single stage Pokemon out of 72 Pokemon total)

I don't think that's the whole list though. I'm guessing the rumoured Pokemon might end up being ones that are due to be revealed before release though.

(again this is only my own take on it and what I think is most likely to happen in terms of evolutions or prevolutions)

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah, that seems fair. xD 85 is a rather small amount and you would think that the amount of Pokemon spread across four islands, it would be much more than that, y'know? Which is pretty much why I'm hoping for 120-130 or so Pokemon.

I can get why you want a lot of new Pokemon, but then looking back at why XY had a small new Pokemon list was mainly due to focus into other features. I could see more Pokemon being introduced, but maybe still be smaller than say, Hoenn's roster.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I would have thought that now they have the majority of the 3D models for the Pokemon, they would have a lot more time dedicated to developing new Pokemon. I could be wrong in that statement, but a lot of the models we've already seen of existing Pokemon seem to be exact rips of those from XY. If you cut out the time it takes to model 721 sprites, then surely you'd have plenty more time to add a larger amount of new Pokemon?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Yeah, that seems fair. xD 85 is a rather small amount and you would think that the amount of Pokemon spread across four islands, it would be much more than that, y'know? Which is pretty much why I'm hoping for 120-130 or so Pokemon.

Well as I said 85 is only my initial prediction based on Pokemon we already know about either officially or through credible rumours (+ fossils) and there are possibly some more unknown Pokemon that haven't been referenced by any of the leaks. The riddler posts updates fairly frequently so he's either teasing us or he's only posting the information as he gets it...so he might not know everything.

Plus...

Spoiler:

Years
    I would have thought that now they have the majority of the 3D models for the Pokemon, they would have a lot more time dedicated to developing new Pokemon. I could be wrong in that statement, but a lot of the models we've already seen of existing Pokemon seem to be exact rips of those from XY. If you cut out the time it takes to model 721 sprites, then surely you'd have plenty more time to add a larger amount of new Pokemon?

Given that every non-7th Gen Pokemon and non-Alola Form Pokemon have all their models ripped straight from the 6th Gen games so that meant making models for new Pokemon and the Alola Forms wasn't as much of an issue compared to X/Y when they had to make ones for every Pokemon at the time.

So, with having less battle models to work on, more new Pokemon could be possible. But we also have to take into account how the overworld is rendered in a more advanced way compared to 6th Gen.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I agree with a lot of what Hikamaru has listed. I might make a Dex thing in a similar style that she did soon. Although I disagree with a few things that is listed. Some pokemon I think will be 3 instead of 2 for instance. Ect. We got to go by different forms that are being released as well though. They are counted as different pokemon and honestly, some of them should be differently named.

But wasn't the Snowman said to have 2 evos? Most of the Ghost Types we get are either basic stage or two evolutions. I think there has only been a few stages that have 1 type.

We also have to look at the Lack of Dark and Ice Pokemon that we have seen. I am sure they will all get at least 1 pokemon. I also still think there is a few more legends from what we know. All and all, I think there will still be 100 Pokemon total, yes, with form changes.

It is also possible that a lot of these pokemon might also have similar form changes. Usually when we get something new like this, a hand full of pokemon also get it.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    I agree with a lot of what Hikamaru has listed. I might make a Dex thing in a similar style that she did soon. Although I disagree with a few things that is listed. Some pokemon I think will be 3 instead of 2 for instance. Ect. We got to go by different forms that are being released as well though. They are counted as different pokemon and honestly, some of them should be differently named.

But wasn't the Snowman said to have 2 evos? Most of the Ghost Types we get are either basic stage or two evolutions. I think there has only been a few stages that have 1 type.

We also have to look at the Lack of Dark and Ice Pokemon that we have seen. I am sure they will all get at least 1 pokemon. I also still think there is a few more legends from what we know. All and all, I think there will still be 100 Pokemon total, yes, with form changes.

What Dex thing were you talking about? I guess it was me listing the National Dex numbers or something like that?

The snowman Pokemon in the rumors I believe was mentioned to evolve once. Also, like you said we are still waiting for a Dark-type and Ice-type from the new 7th Gen roster (not counting Alola Forms) so there's possibility we have to look out for those in upcoming trailers or in CoroCoro.

Anyways, regarding my Dex listing, I have pretty much gotten what will be the National Dex numbers up to Grubbin's line:
    Spoiler:

I can't imagine anything else coming after Vikavolt there, but I expect Solgaleo, Lunala, Marshadow and Magearna to take the final four spots in the National Dex order for the 7th Gen segment, with the Tapus likely to come just before them.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    What Dex thing were you talking about? I guess it was me listing the National Dex numbers or something like that?

The snowman Pokemon in the rumors I believe was mentioned to evolve once. Also, like you said we are still waiting for a Dark-type and Ice-type from the new 7th Gen roster (not counting Alola Forms) so there's possibility we have to look out for those in upcoming trailers or in CoroCoro.

Anyways, regarding my Dex listing, I have pretty much gotten what will be the National Dex numbers up to Grubbin's line:
    Spoiler:

I can't imagine anything else coming after Vikavolt there, but I expect Solgaleo, Lunala, Marshadow and Magearna to take the final four spots in the National Dex order for the 7th Gen segment, with the Tapus likely to come just before them.

Don't forget Magearna is likely not going to be the only mythical Pokemon introduced.

I think there'll be another two at least. (and they'll probably come after Solgaleo, Lunala and Marshadow and possibly Magearna too)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years

Spoiler:

Oops... Sorry! It was Sabrewulf who made the dex thing. I thought it was you. So I might make one like Sabre later to have my listed a little bit better.

I still think there will be 3 more Event Pokemon. I just don't see there only being two when Magerna has already been released, or will be when games comes out. I just don't see them having only 2 movies or the Gen only lasting for 2 years. Unless the 20th movie is a special movie. Not sure how they will handle the 20th Year and Movie, but we will see.

Also that sounds about right. In most cases, they order the National Dex in the order of encounters on Routes. I would say Rockruff would come pretty early on. We will probably be able to catch it fairly quickly. Some of the NPCs on first island have one and so does the Prof.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Although I disagree with a few things that is listed. Some pokemon I think will be 3 instead of 2 for instance.

Spoiler:

Well actually in that case there were some Pokemon I expected to evolve but I wasn't sure whether they'd evolve once or twice so I just left it at once.

Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I did not originally plan this to be 110, but it. I was aiming for less, but once I started, I ended up with exactly 110. This is what I would like to see based on rumors and leaks that we have gotten. Obviously there might be a few stand alones that I did not list. Pre Evos come before the pokemon in question and Evo comes after. If there are 2 Evos in a row, that means 2 evos of the pokemon last listed before the evos started.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I did not originally plan this to be 110, but it. I was aiming for less, but once I started, I ended up with exactly 110. This is what I would like to see based on rumors and leaks that we have gotten. Obviously there might be a few stand alones that I did not list. Pre Evos come before the pokemon in question and Evo comes after. If there are 2 Evos in a row, that means 2 evos of the pokemon last listed before the evos started.

Spoiler:

What trailer are you talking about with the pink ear?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oO_P4GX_RA

You only see it for a split second at about :40 in the bottom left corner in the chat box. If you blink you will miss it. It shows pink ears and black on top and it looks like it is hopping behind a trainer that passed by in the same place.

Took me a while to see it, but wow that's crazy small. Definitely looks like a hop though.

Back