• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Poke rides?

Sirfetch’d

Sun and Moon introduced a new mechanic to eliminate the need for HMs and that is Poke rides. While these are almost guaranteed to return, do you think we could potentially get more? Possibly diving with Pokemon?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Considering Charizard isn't in Alola and Pelipper is (and the anime showed Pelipper as a ridemon), lets make Pelipper a ride Pokemon instead.

Heck, let's have Pelipper soaring through the sky (if its still Charizard then that's cool too, but just let me manually fly around Alola).

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Diving Pokemon please.

We could use Araquanid. :) also, ORAS mechanics of Flying and ditch Charizard.

jombii

Years
  • I always found it rather odd that Soaring was taken out of the original SM games. I don't have high hopes that it'll somehow make a reappearance in these games, but here's hoping for something better, at least.

Yeah, it's one of ORAS' most awesome features that got taken out. We could soar through the skies with a Minior! Just kidding..

Sirfetch’d

I think Lanturn would make for a good diving Pokemon. It's dark underwater so having a mon that could illuminate your path would be really cool!

jombii

Years
  • I think Lanturn would make for a good diving Pokemon. It's dark underwater so having a mon that could illuminate your path would be really cool!

That would also be cool! And since Lanturn is already in the dex, it is possible.

Years
  • Knowing me, we're probably going to get the Poke Rides that were in S/M carried over, but I'm definitely with the idea of Pelipper taking the Fly user slot instead of Charizard if they want to stick consistently with Alola Dex Pokemon.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I would love a diving Pokemon c:
    diving has so much unfulfilled potential! in existing games that have had it, it's basically just been a method for taking shortcuts when surfing or getting around rocks in the water. there's so much more they could do towards making diving actually interesting for its own sake that I'd love to see.

jombii

Years
  • I would love a diving Pokemon c:
    diving has so much unfulfilled potential! in existing games that have had it, it's basically just been a method for taking shortcuts when surfing or getting around rocks in the water. there's so much more they could do towards making diving actually interesting for its own sake that I'd love to see.

this. diving is more like an obstacle during the games they were introduced. they could use it to open up new areas!

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Diving is a great idea. We could explore the vast oceans of the Alolan region, which just sounds awesome.

Something different, maybe something for Rock Climb? Like climbing walls to hidden platforms, like in Gen 4. I would say Machamp would be a good choice but he's already taken. I can't really think of another good pokemon for Rock Climb atm.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They'll most probably keep the mechanics the same, but it would be really fun to switch up the Pok?mon for different ones! Dive would definitely be suited for Alola, but I can't see them introducing it now if it wasn't in the original games (Sun & Moon). :/

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    They'll most probably keep the mechanics the same, but it would be really fun to switch up the Pok?mon for different ones! Dive would definitely be suited for Alola, but I can't see them introducing it now if it wasn't in the original games (Sun & Moon). :/
    unless of course we get an underwater zone.
    i also hope we get the ability to use hms as a alternate option, only with the hms turned into tms.
    like how flash went from being hm 05 to being tm 70. if soaring though the sky & fly can coexist, so to can outside of battle moves and ride pokemon.
    also i think we should get the ability to register our own pokemon as ride pokemon and the ability to change the color of the ride outfit.
    if they got ash flying around on freaking pelipper in the anime, i want to fly around on a freaking spearow
    spearow-fly.jpg

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
    Years
  • I think Lanturn would make for a good diving Pokemon. It's dark underwater so having a mon that could illuminate your path would be really cool!

Yeah! That would be super cool.

All I want is a different pokemon for moving those strength boulders. It just... feels... bizarre would be the word I guess. Machamp lifting you in such fashion and.. ugh! It's creepy, okay?
    And oh! Soaring in the skies with the mega latis! Eon Flute should be made a key item once again.
    Charizard is my favourite mon, so it's fine with me if we don't get a pelipper.

jombii

Years
  • lol everyone agrees Machamp is creepy af.

I've been looking at the list of Pokemon Alola introduced. We could have a Crabrawler summon for strength. No need for the hand-carrying Machamp to be back.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Aside from the obligatory diving and soaring Pok?ride requests, I think a Pok?ride that allowed us to climb would be pretty rad. It would probably be a Ambipom or something.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • My Pok?mon Ride hopes are:
    -removal of Mudsdale - from what I heard, it moves slow, and you don't encounter Mudsdale-related obstacles until right after you get Mudsdale..?
    -removal of Stoutland Itemfinder - that just seems like an odd thing to borrow/rent when one could just use a machine - namely, the Itemfinder/Dowsing Machine.
    -addition of Dragonite for Flying - I always liked the mailman/courier Dragonite concept from the first Pok?mon movie, and the guy circumnavigates pretty fast, so why not? Keep Charizard, though.
    -not really necessary, but re-add Kyogre as a Surfing option like it was in Pok?mon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire (only if you have one in the party, since it doesn't really make sense to rent one)
    -Soaring and Diving should become series staples.. I can forego Soaring since insta-Flying is quicker, anyway (I think?), and there are other necessary features that I personally prioritize ahead of the Soaring feature.. Diving seems fitting mainly for water-based regions like Hoenn and Alola, but it seems weird that underwater zones aren't really implemented much..
    -a toggle between insta-Flying and Soaring would be nice, too.

Back