• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokeballs?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Shiny ball: Better chance og catching shiny pokemon (I used 21 Ultraballs to catch a bloody shiny Shinx, with red hp)
    Rainbow ball: works better on pokemon with ColorSync og the rainbow
    Iron ball: best for catching Steel pokemon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I like the idea of the Pokéball that works better during the morning or day. We've already got one for nighttime so why not?

I don't like having a ton of Pokéballs but I'm sort of in agreement with some more type-based balls. D: It just seems fair, you know? We've got (several?) water-type balls, I think one for bug-types... I think we need more. Maybe a Pokéball that catches things easier in the city (so maybe poison, flying, etc.)? This region does seem to be more urban. If they spread them out so each typed ball can catch several different types more easily, we don't have to deal with 15+ specific Pokéballs. @_@

And really I'd be fine with anything that corresponds to an already existing type of Pokéball. Like the Lite Ball that Mew~ suggested.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I think that a Light Ball would work amazingly, we will most likely have the different types of the day, such as morning, afternoon, and night, so why not have one for the morning? Good idea Mew.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    Sleep ball after throwing 3-5 of them the pokemon goes to sleep making it easier to catch.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
  • maybe a type of pokeball that increases the caught pokemon's speed, strengh, or defense. Maybe call it power ball for strengh, jolt ball for speed, and shield ball for defense. haha i dont know! what about a adoraball xD a pokeball made to catch adorable pokemon!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Energy Ball? Even though there is a move called that. The ball could be used to say catch a pokemon with a certain aura or energy level, if you get what I mean. Like they went through the whole thing about how Lucario is a pkmn that can sense diff. levels of aura, yet it was never implemented into the game so it should be included in black and white. If there is a new type then the ball could be used to catch this 'light' type of pokemon assuming light pkmn have the power to control diff. energy levels a.k.a. light in one way or another.

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • What about a mix between an ultra ball and a heal ball.

Has 2x capture rate than an ultra ball, but fully restores the targets HP if it breaks free.

That way it's not an UBER-Ball

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Shiny Ball: They Catch shinnies without fail. How to get: Pokemart 200P. And at the start of the game your mom bought you some thinking that they make pokemon Shiny. Yes. You DO Get these before Pokéballs.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    or how about the dead ball. If you have one in your bag and the pokemon faints, it gives you one last chance to try and catch it. It's catch rate would be at its highest since its fainted, but could still escape.
    I would rename it the Faint ball. We still got children that play pokemon.
    Oh...And think about the furious parents that will whine about the name of the ball.

Possibly the worst idea ever.

The point of capturing is that you have to make sure you DON'T faint the pokémon, introducing a ball that means it doesn't matter makes capturing new Pokémon (Legendaries especially) stupidly easy. It's basically a master ball.

Its a poor mans weak masterball with a really high catch rate (not perfect tho). Think about it, with a master ball you dont need the pokemon to fight, with this ball, you still have to fight the pokemon. making it harder to catch than with a masterball, It could be that they could give you a limited number of those balls too.

SorakuFett

I use myself in Battle..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    I (Along with my friend Davis) am hoping for a comeback of the GS ball.. remember back in Gen. II, in the Celebi event when u could only catch Celebi with the GS ball, but this time it would only be made if you gave the Silver Wing and Rainbow Wing to Kurt...

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    How about a ball that has a 5x capture rate but if the Pokemon breaks free then it injures the Pokemon?

miley810

Assassin
    Years
  • How about a shock ball?like it stuns the pokemon if the ball doesn't catch it where you have a better chance of not dieing while trying to capture a pokemon.Big ball?Works good on big pokemon.Small ball?Works better on small pokemon.Sly ball?Better possiblity of catching a pokemon and I know it sounds like a great ball or somthing but oh well.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • How about a shock ball?like it stuns the pokemon if the ball doesn't catch it where you have a better chance of not dieing while trying to capture a pokemon.Big ball?Works good on big pokemon.Small ball?Works better on small pokemon.Sly ball?Better possiblity of catching a pokemon and I know it sounds like a great ball or somthing but oh well.

We're already got Heavy Ball to capture Heavy Pokemon, Which it's also big with heavy body. And that Shock Ball, Its a good Idea but I think it'll better be a Pokeball with a Higher Catch rate for Electric Pokemon such Pikachu etc.
    Plus, Sly Ball you've said, We're already got a lot of Pokeballs to catch small Pokemon. Why not Ultra Ball? I works well...

DJ Surge-N

Can I get a Spinda?
    Years
  • maybe a type of pokeball that increases the caught pokemon's speed, strengh, or defense. Maybe call it power ball for strengh, jolt ball for speed, and shield ball for defense. haha i dont know! what about a adoraball xD a pokeball made to catch adorable pokemon!

That really made me grin - "adoraball", such a good pun and good name for a pokeball. Really do like the idea, oddly enough!

Years
  • Persistence Ball

It starts with a .5x capture rate, but gains .5x each time you use one in succession. Having your lead pokemon faint does not break this succession, but using any move or manually switching out does. Who WOULDN'T want a ball like that?

Prince of the Sea

#1 Manaphy Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    Black and White are the most opposing game titles to date, so I'm thinking there will be plenty of version exclusives and differences. I thought of an "Exclusive" Ball, a ball that has a higher catch rate on Pokemon you have a better chance of getting in a specific game.

It works like this:
    Lets say there are some Pokemon differences in White and Black:
    In White, you can catch Zekrom but not Reshiram, and Solrocks appear much more commonly than Lunatones.
    In Black, you can catch Reshiram but not Zekrom, and Lunatones appear much more commonly than Solrocks.

According to these conditions:
    In White, the catch rate would be the best for Zekrom, and a smidge lower for Solrock.
    In Black, the catch rate would be the best for Reshiram, and a smidge lower for Lunatone. In both games the catch rate would be the lowest at Pokemon like Generic Starting Bird and Generic Vendor Trash Critter that you are equally likely to find in both games.

This ball would be ideal for people that catch Pokemon to help friends with the different version out, or maybe for catching the legendaries.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think I speak for most Pokemon trainers when I say that there are already too many bloody Pokeballs! We don't need anymore, all we need is more than one Masterball a game so that we don't have to send more over to our current game, that would enough for most of us I think.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back