• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokemon and IV Training for Sun and Moon

Years
  • Apparently Mudsdale's move that was seen in the trailer (the one with the horseshoe animation) is likely going to be a new signature move for it. According to Serebii, the move is called Highhorse Power and it appears to be Ground-type.

CyborgHD

Pokemon Enthusiast
    Years
  • My favorite is Bewear. It makes a nice pun (haha) and the Fluffy ability is awesome. Only issue I have with it is the fact that fire type-damage is doubled. That certainly could hurt. :/

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Apparently Mudsdale's move that was seen in the trailer (the one with the horseshoe animation) is likely going to be a new signature move for it. According to Serebii, the move is called Highhorse Power and it appears to be Ground-type.

Too bad it'll get overshadowed by the ever-popular ground move Earthquake, regardless of its secondary effects proven to be useful.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • I love the possibility that IV training will be a thing for your lvl 100s. I play with my core team who are all normal wild pokemon. I don't breed for the base game, but I always want to improve them so having IV improving as a thing to do really adds to it.

Khrysamere

A Side Character
    Years
  • Step 1: Use Powersaves to get 99 Bottle Caps
    Step 2: Talk to Mr. Hyper and use them to get Desired perfect IVs
    Step 3: Congratulations, You just Got Passed the Hack check.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm impressed by Mudsdale. The dreadlocks are a nice touch and its new ability is neat for tanking hits if it has to stay in. Kind of a shame if it has to be forced out by special attackers, though.

I think they could have done better with Bewear's name, but it makes sense, as it's cute, but dangerous. Fluffy is an interesting spin on Fur Coat; I can see why it would make Bewear weak to Fire moves; the fire would just burn through all that fluff.

Wimpod may seem tedious to catch because of Wimp Out forcing it to flee when it's weakened enough, but that shouldn't be a concern if you brought along Quick Balls (or Net Balls + status inducers; False Swipers are a no-go here). I just hope it keeps this type combo when it evolves, as it's based on an aquatic arthropod.

I'm glad Mimikyu kept its Japanese name to an extent; Disguise essentially gives it a free Substitute and it's essentially immune to every offensive attack if an attack was predicted on the switch-in.

Bounsweet is cute and all, but its flavor text is rather tragic (it's eaten on occasion for its sweet smell, and no one helps it because its running is mistaken for skipping).

I get Flabebe vibes from Comfey; it's a Fairy associated with flowers. I've been going around and people compare it to flower crowns when it's actually a Hawaiian lei, and that irks me to an extent.

That being said, Gen VII's Pokemon are looking great.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm impressed by Mudsdale. The dreadlocks are a nice touch and its new ability is neat for tanking hits if it has to stay in. Kind of a shame if it has to be forced out by special attackers, though.

I think they could have done better with Bewear's name, but it makes sense, as it's cute, but dangerous. Fluffy is an interesting spin on Fur Coat; I can see why it would make Bewear weak to Fire moves; the fire would just burn through all that fluff.

Wimpod may seem tedious to catch because of Wimp Out forcing it to flee when it's weakened enough, but that shouldn't be a concern if you brought along Quick Balls (or Net Balls + status inducers; False Swipers are a no-go here). I just hope it keeps this type combo when it evolves, as it's based on an aquatic arthropod.

I'm glad Mimikyu kept its Japanese name to an extent; Disguise essentially gives it a free Substitute and it's essentially immune to every offensive attack if an attack was predicted on the switch-in.

Bounsweet is cute and all, but its flavor text is rather tragic (it's eaten on occasion for its sweet smell, and no one helps it because its running is mistaken for skipping).

I get Flabebe vibes from Comfey; it's a Fairy associated with flowers. I've been going around and people compare it to flower crowns when it's actually a Hawaiian lei, and that irks me to an extent.

That being said, Gen VII's Pokemon are looking great.

I hope so too, we don't have a fully evolved Water/Bug Pokemon yet, as Surskit evolved into a Bug/Flying.

Glad I'm not the only one who gets Flabebe/Floette vibes from Comfey. It's kind of sad that people didn't first think of flower necklaces (which is one form of lei).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Mudsdale is amazing. Its a physical wall and can probably hit hard, that's a deadly mix for a stab EQ pokemon. Definitely a team staple.
    Wimpod is amazing in design. Its a wimpy, no strength bug, and that bitch ass face makes it worthy to be on my team. They better not Surskit 2.0 the Pokemon, Bug/Water deservea its champion.
    Meanwhile, Bewear. The pun nobody expected. Just damn.

Years
  • I discovered this thing you may have missed from the trailer:
    Spoiler:

It appears Trainer ID numbers now have six digits instead of the usual five. 6th Gen already increased character limits in the player names to 12 (the limit was previously 7) so the next best advancement like this was to add extra digit to the ID numbers.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    The Mudsdale pokemon is my new favorite non-starter released. I was looking for a good horse, and he seems like he will be a great muscle pokemon in physical with a couple strong Special attacks, too. And he is semi tribal looking..Good job!

BEWEAR seems to be a cosplay opportunity at Furry conventions.

The Lei is very cute for a Fairy type... good job!

the water/bug could have a similar robotic evolution like Grubbin's final

The berry needs to evolve into something beautiful! It is just cute right now.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • YEEEEY they revealed new Pokémon :3 I wasn't expecting this. Instead, I was expecting new information about gym leaders or the evil team <.< Oh well, it's fine!

Wimpod looks a bit odd, but cool as well. When I first saw it, I instantly remembered of Stunfisk ( because both of them are kind of flat), and Anorith.( It looks like a pre-historical Pokémon, just like Anorith). I liked its typing, let's just pray it doens't turn out to be a surskit's-situation type of Pokémon. It's ability though .... It's going to be a pain in the ass for nuzlockers and shiny hunters to catch this thing! I'm not going to use it on my team, pretty much because I'm already going to use Popplio :3

Bounsweet is a cutie *-* It reminded me of sunkern and cherubi ( it looks like a seed or a fruit of some sort) I hope it evolves into a great grass-type! We need some of them. If that happens, Bounsweet is probably going to be on my team :)

Comfey though .... I really wasn't amazed with this Pokémon, and I instantly remembered of Klefki, 'cause I had the same feeling when I saw that Pokémon for the first time. Maybe it'll grow on me. It's typing isn't surprising, but it suggests a grass-typing as well (just like Flabebé). It's typing is interesting.... making healing moves gain priority in battle ... hmm.

Mudsdale - Now this thing .... It's cool they created a new horse Pokémon, but I wasn't expecting this design. I don't like it's dreadlocks (or whatever that is), but it's not even that that annoys me the most, it's its face. Look at it ... It looks like it wants to sleep. I wanted something more aggressive-looking... But I think it'll grow on me. Its ability is really good. Looks like Mudsdale's going to be a great physical wall.

I already talked about Mimikyo and Bewaer, but summarizing, I love Mimikyo's design and ability. Its typing is great as well. I couldn't stop noticing that, in the trailer, the battle agaisn't Mimikyo is taking place in a graveyard.
    I wasn't getting any feels about Bewaer, but it's slowly growing on me. I like it's name (nice pun), but its design isn't a big deal.

Regardless, the Pokémon of Alola region are looking great!

Years
  • One thing I hope is that we can get the special types of Poke Balls at a good point of the game because Wimpod's ability is going to make it extremely hard to catch without Quick Balls.
    I'm not so sure about that, I don't ever use anything except regular pokeballs anymore and have no difficulty catching even legendaries with over half their hp left, been that way since gen v when one of my friends was struggling to catch a legendary (I forget which) as he kept making it faint after wasting a tonne of ultra balls, after he reset I threw a pokeball at it right off the bat and captured, played all of gen vi- x, y and oras with only pokeballs being used as well.

Back