• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Game Idea, any help?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2009
    I'm not going to be developing the game any time soon, but I'd like to get a few small things out of the way (that are already confirmed in the story I am writing). The story I am writing is more or less about what happens after you (the player) collected all of the original 150.

Being the world Pokemon master, there isn't much for you to do. Team Rocket has been defeated, and all is at peace. The professor has retired after seeing his dream of collecting all 150 species come true, and passed down his lab and belongings to his nephew, Gary. One morning, one of the professors aids comes across a certain gene that Pokemon carry. A gene that can enhance the Pokemon's physical ability by altering cells in the cerebral cortex. The experiment goes wrong. Without realizing what he was doing, the aid destroyed the normal functions of the Pokemon's pituitary gland, causing the Pokemon to be overly aggressive and violent. Your 150 Pokemon escape with rage. Gary takes it upon himself to find each of the Pokemon and return them back to his lab, so they can be cured of this awful experiments result. The professor contacts you, knowing that you being the Pokemon master, may have a better chance of capturing them all.

However, your 150 Pokemon are gone... The professor has a solution, take one of Gary's! He allows you to log in to Gary's PC and withdraw one of Gary's Pokemon. Of course, Gary has taken all except for 3: The usual Water, Fire, Leaf type. Once you receive your Pokemon, your adventure begins, and it's up to you to find all 150 Pokemon and return them to the now retired professor. As the story develops you find out that Team Rocket leader, Givioni, has been released from prison and is searching for you. The story does not continue as you would expect. His intentions have changed, and being as you are the current master, he asks for your help. Givioni wants to capture the three Legendary Pokemon: Lucida (from the Latin word elucido, which means to light), Coligo (from the Latin word caliga, which means darkness) and Litius (from the Latin word caelitus, which means from heaven). He tells you that if you return with information on the three legendary Pokemon, he will give to you his prized possession: An Egg that his team discovered while in a far away region. The egg will eventually hatch in to Ultas (from the Latin word facultas, which means power). Once this side quest is completed, you can capture the last 10 Pokemon (the Pokemon you receive from Givioni is needed to defeat them). You return to the professor with the 150, and he thanks you by lending you a ticket he had received to attend a Pokemon Show that will be featured on a large Yacht. With the ticket in hand, you continue your adventure to a large island, where you can defeat the 4 Gym Leaders, which each give you a token. Once you collect all 4 tokens you are allowed access in to the Pokemon World Competition. If you win, the game is over. If you lose, you must travel and defeat the 4 Gym leaders in order to try again.

This is the gist of the story, it is much longer and has MUCH, MUCH more detail, side quests and so on. Now, for my request:

I need someone to create 4 sprites, 4 battlers (front and back) and 4 graphics for the four new Pokemon. I will give 100% credit of course, and also place the person/persons in the game as one of the competitors in the final part of the game, with your choice of Pokemon.

Let me know if you can help in any way, thanks.

Last edited:

cooluke21

Needing A Project!
    Years
  • Hi dude i would love to help and maybe we can talk about this game somewhere private as i have a lot to tell you i have always wanted to start a game like this and now i can make your idea into one i can sprite story i can do most things that are needed but i cannot code or anything to do with it
    I am more graphics side of things and would love to help you if you p.m me we can maybe talk on msn or something so its quick okay i have a lot to tell you!

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Sounds like it would be a great game. It would be hard for you to create. Anyway, what engine are you using to create this game? I am currently using RM2k3 (RPG Maker 2003) to make my game. Anyway, I am not great in spriting or coding, but if I find any resources I think you could use in your game, I'll let you know.

Good luck on your game.

P.S. The key to a great game is planning. Have the entire game planned out before you make anything. I mean everything from town names to what Pokemon your going to have in the wild grass.

Just PM me if you need any help or you think you have a resource I could use for my game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2009
    Sounds like it would be a great game. It would be hard for you to create. Anyway, what engine are you using to create this game? I am currently using RM2k3 (RPG Maker 2003) to make my game. Anyway, I am not great in spriting or coding, but if I find any resources I think you could use in your game, I'll let you know.

Good luck on your game.

P.S. The key to a great game is planning. Have the entire game planned out before you make anything. I mean everything from town names to what Pokemon your going to have in the wild grass.

Just PM me if you need any help or you think you have a resource I could use for my game.

Thanks a lot =D

That's the process were going through now, just writing and planning. And I'll let you know if I find anything ; )

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • I don't know how to do any coding or anything like that, but if you want I could draw pictures of the pokemon you made up for someone to create a sprite of.

Oh, and it'd be nice if it'd be possible to catch all the pokemon in the game instead of just some of them.

~!~Miss Cow~!~

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2009
    I don't know how to do any coding or anything like that, but if you want I could draw pictures of the pokemon you made up for someone to create a sprite of.

Oh, and it'd be nice if it'd be possible to catch all the pokemon in the game instead of just some of them.

~!~Miss Cow~!~

That would be awesome if you could. Our thread didn't appear yet (as far as I know) but we were looking for a concept artist.

Could you possibly PM me an example so I know what type of description to give you?

Back