• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokemon games for GBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Face it. The GBA line is dead. There will be no more GBA game, let alone Pokemon ones, that are going to be produced.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    They stopped producing GBA games long ago. It is like GB games, they ended.

pkmn mstr ketz

i love you too
    Years
    whats even more annoying is that i cant put GBC games in DS. What the heck is the deal with that nintendo? and now you cant put GBA games in the new DSi, they sacrificed the GBA slot for a 0.3 megapixel camera. so now you cant migrate. Anyway, i think one of the last games for the GBA was the BEE MOVIE, wich was at least some time early 2008 late 2007 so the GBA days are long gone. unless Nintendo make an emulating software game for the DSi.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    The GBA is dead........Just like GBC and GB Original......all will soon die........
    MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAH!!!!!!
    (A little bit of sadism for your day!)

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
    It's all about the DS now. Get one, and you can still enjoy your GBA Pokemon games on it~

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    whats even more annoying is that i cant put GBC games in DS. What the heck is the deal with that nintendo?
    That I believe is down to hardware and all - if the DS was able to play GBC games from the GSC game paks, it'd look a lot bigger - and also more expensive - than what it does now, and wouldn't really be a handheld. :/ Plus, when the DS was released GBC games were dying, so there was no point from Nintendo's POV to do such a thing. Why would they implement something that would jackpot the price of the handheld (putting off some customers) to make use of a set of games that they no longer make? It'd cost them rather than let them gain $$$ out of it, so that's why, I suppose.

Anyways, GBA games are dead - they ain't making any more now.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    What everyone else said.

The GBA has gone to the graveyard along with other favorites like the Sega, the Playstation 1, the Gamecube, the Nintendo 64, the Gameboy Color, the Gameboy original, the Atari (okay, I went a little too far back... but...) you get the point.

I, personally, hate the DS. I just don't like it. I don't have one yet because they're expensive and I'm not willing to spend over 100 dollars on something I don't like. But, face it, the DS is what's now. The GBA was what was yesterday.

I do wonder, though, why they decided to come up with a knew handheld system entirely instead of making a new version of the Gameboy. Though, I do faintly remember them releasing a small Gameboy. But, wasn't that just a different make of the advance??

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    There's a good way to revive your GBA, buy an EZ-flash and use it as your mp3/video player. You can also play games that you have backed up and all the custom pokemon games that are constantly being released on PC (like Shiny Gold). GO GBA!!!! Cacturne does a dance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back