• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Gold Hack...

Chaoguy

lookin for a veteran gs hacker
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    I wanted to try my hand at a hack, but i wanted to be a little original and try a hack of gold instead of an adv game.

If theres anything anyone would like to see let me know. I was already thinking some sort of breeding theme, with the three starters being Elekid, Magby, and Smoochum. This is unbalanced start I know, especially for smoochum, and i don't really know how to fix that really. Plus, I dont kow what i would name that.

So, I think that some of the things in prism are over my head for now, but i might try more advanced things as i learn. Im thinking something closer to brown version. coolboyman is my inspiration.

Any suggestions, tips, or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • hey..... i want to help you. I do know how to change the starters, do a map and beta test. Please VM me back...
    New Pokemon Gold Hack...

Chaoguy

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Okay, I have a new idea...

Name:
    Pokemon Mirage (I did a search here, didnt find any with this name. just let me know if ive infringed)

So, the story will be based on the legendary pokemon, (especially celebii?):

There have been many reports and sightings of many of the "legendary" pokemon, and the hero wants to go off and investigate, and perhaps even see these rare pokemon. Along the way he continues to run into team rocket and thwart their plans to steal these legends.

It'll have a completely new map and characters.

Any feedback/ advice is appreciated.

Chaoguy

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    I need all the help i can get... especially in the scripting field. Thanks for the input.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    All right if I be a beta tester? I can beta test it anywhere, even during a road trip, as I have my trusty DS! Plus, I am interested in GSC hacks.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Okay, I have a new idea...

Name:
    Pokemon Mirage (I did a search here, didnt find any with this name. just let me know if ive infringed)

So, the story will be based on the legendary pokemon, (especially celebii?):

There have been many reports and sightings of many of the "legendary" pokemon, and the hero wants to go off and investigate, and perhaps even see these rare pokemon. Along the way he continues to run into team rocket and thwart their plans to steal these legends.

It'll have a completely new map and characters.

Any feedback/ advice is appreciated.
    Oh, hey then i could help you with inserting the new charaters and stuff.... and inserting LATIAS and latios (the title fits them!)

Last edited:

Chaoguy

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    All right if I be a beta tester? I can beta test it anywhere, even during a road trip, as I have my trusty DS! Plus, I am interested in GSC hacks.

Sure thing. Don't expect a beta anytime soon though, this is still very rough, with lots of things to work out.

Oh, hey then i could help you with inserting the new charaters and stuff.... and inserting LATIAS and latios (the title fits them!)

That sounds like a great idea. i like that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    if you want i could help im kinda good in mapping and editing some tiles
    things i could do:
    make new moves (actually edit some less used ones)
    edit tm/hms
    mapping
    tileing
    and other small stuff

Chaoguy

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Mapping help would be appreciated, and new tiles. if i come up with anything. I dont think i want new moves, and i know how to change TMs.

Okay, what i could really use now is someone with Gold/silver scripting experience, not necessarily to script for me, but to give me some pointers, just some direction in what exactly im doing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    i could sure do mapping. you should just tell what kind of place you want it to be

Years
  • hey im just like u, trying to make a gold hack with coolboyman as my inspiration :D well anyway i have learnt how to change the sudowoodo tree to battle anything you want if you wanna check my tutorial on the community go here:https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=167743 and also i can:
    .sprite OW
    .map
    .edit scripts
    .and beta test
    if you need any help just PM me and ill help as much as possible :D

Chaoguy

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Okay, sorry about the lack of new information, but I'm having trouble getting this thing going.

I'm having a creative block, I don't know where to begin; I am useless at scripting, I just can't figure it out; I have very seldom access to a PC, where all my tools are; and there's just so much other junk I have in my life.

That said, I don't want to see this hack fall away like all the others, if anyone would like to take on this project, feel free, just pm me. There are two conditions, you have to continue to colabrrate with mebon things, and you have to finish the hack.

Back