• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NEW POKEMON LEAGUE!

xtyrantx

The Borderline tier is something that is used throughout the marriland and at one point smogon forums. Right now there is a forum in the making that promotes the pokemon in the borderline tier and below. The list is as follows

Uber

Arceus
    Darkrai
    Deoxys (All forms)
    Dialga
    Giratina
    Groudon
    Ho-oh
    Kyogre
    Latias (regardless of Soul Dew)
    Latios (Same as Latias)
    Lugia
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Palkia
    Rayquaza
    Wobbuffett
    Wynaut (debateable)

OU (Overused)

Aerodactyl
    Alakazam
    Ambipom
    Azelf
    Blissey
    Breloom
    Bronzong
    Celebi
    Cresselia
    Donphan
    Dragonite
    Dugtrio
    Dusknoir
    Electivire
    Empoleon
    Gallade
    Garchomp
    Gengar
    Gliscor
    Gyarados
    Heatran
    Heracross
    Hippowdon
    Infernape
    Jirachi
    Jolteon
    Lucario
    Machamp
    Magnezone
    Mamoswine
    Manaphy
    Medicham
    Metagross
    Milotic
    Ninjask
    Porygon2
    Porygon-Z
    Raikou
    Regice
    Regirock
    Rhyperior
    Salamence
    Shaymin
    Skarmory
    Slaking
    Slowbro
    Snorlax
    Spiritomb
    Staraptor
    Starmie
    Suicune
    Swampert
    Tangrowth
    Togekiss
    Tyranitar
    Ursaring
    Uxie
    Weavile
    Weezing
    Yanmega
    Zapdos

BL (Borderline)

Absol
    Arcanine
    Armaldo
    Articuno
    Blaziken
    Charizard
    Claydol
    Cloyster
    Cradily
    Crobat
    Dodrio
    Drapion
    Entei
    Espeon
    Exeggutor
    Feraligatr
    Floatzel
    Flygon
    Forretress
    Frosslass
    Gardevoir
    Glaceon
    Hariyama
    Honchkrow
    Houndoom
    Jumpluff
    Jynx
    Kangaskhan
    Kingdra
    Lapras
    Leafeon
    Lickilicky
    Linoone
    Ludicolo
    Luxray
    Magmortar
    Marowak (with Thick Club)
    Mesprit
    Miltank
    Mismagius
    Moltres
    Nidoking
    Ninetales
    Pikachu (with Light Ball)
    Pinsir
    Poliwrath
    Probopass
    Raichu
    Rampardos
    Regigigas
    Registeel
    Relicanth
    Roserade
    Sceptile
    Scizor
    Sharpedo
    Slowking
    Steelix
    Swellow
    Tauros
    Tentacruel
    Torterra
    Toxicroak
    Typhlosion
    Umbreon
    Vaporeon
    Venusaur
    Zangoose

UU (Underused)

Abomasnow
    Aggron
    Altaria
    Ampharos
    Azumarill
    Banette
    Bastiodon
    Bellossom
    Bibarel
    Blastoise
    Cacturne
    Camerupt
    Carnivine
    Cherrim
    Clefable
    Crawdaunt
    Drifblim
    Dunsparce
    Electrode
    Exploud
    Fearow
    Flareon
    Gastrodon
    Glalie
    Golduck
    Golem
    Gorebyss
    Granbull
    Grumpig
    Hitmonchan
    Hitmonlee
    Hitmontop
    Huntail
    Hypno
    Kabutops
    Kingler
    Lanturn
    Lopunny
    Lunatone
    Manectric
    Mantine
    Meganium
    Mightyena
    Mr. Mime
    Muk
    Nidoqueen
    Noctowl
    Octillery
    Omastar
    Persian
    Politoed
    Primeape
    Purugly
    Quagsire
    Rapidash
    Rotom
    Sableye
    Sandslash
    Seviper
    Shedinja
    Shiftry
    Shuckle
    Skuntank
    Solrock
    Sudowoodo
    Torkoal
    Venomoth
    Vespiquen
    Victreebel
    Vileplume
    Wailord
    Walrein
    Whiscash
    Wormadam [Ground]
    Xatu

NU (Neverused)

Arbok
    Ariados
    Beautifly
    Beedrill
    Butterfree
    Castform
    Chatot
    Chimecho
    Corsola
    Delcatty
    Delibird
    Dewgong
    Ditto
    Dustox
    Farfetch'd
    Furrett
    Girafarig
    Illumise
    Kecleon
    Kricketune
    Ledian
    Lumineon
    Luvdisc
    Magcargo
    Masquerian
    Mawile
    Minun
    Mothim
    Pachirisu
    Parasect
    Pelipper
    Pidgeot
    Plusle
    Qwilfish
    Raticate
    Seaking
    Spinda
    Stantler
    Sunflora
    Swalot
    Tropius
    Unown
    Volbeat
    Wigglytuff
    Wormadam [Grass]
    Wormadam [Steel]

Now, before you start to criticize me for not wanting to play OU, understand something. The vast majority of the online community uses OU pokemon, the same exact strategies over and over again, skarmbliss, specsmence; etc etc. The point I'm getting at isn't to rid your OU teams and start playing BL team, it's simply that if you feel the need to express your creative side outside of the OU tier then come and join the BL league and test out a new team, just a novelty team you feel like throwing together.

Last edited:

xtyrantx

i just fixed it thanks, and would you be interested?

Years
  • Yeah, it should be in Battle Stadium and if you ask me it sounds pretty stupid. Donphan being OU?! Since when. I've never seen someone use one. I agree Gallade, Electivire, Metagross, etc. are, but Donphan?! And RAMPARDOS?! Even worse. Most of my team is on that list. What's the fun of using someone with 200 base stats if you'll just lose to a 400+ base stats Pokemon anyway, when you can just get your own and compose a team that's gonna have to pull of a few amazing feats to win.

I use: Porygon-Z, Metagross, Gliscor, and Electivire. Be kinda dumb to EV train a Skitty and fight with it, although cute, it wouldn't be so fun.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • Sounds to me like he's just afraid to fight anyone competent. <.<;

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Wow, I must agree with everyone here. Not only is it in the wrong section, but these Pokemon aren't that great. There are wise people in this section, so take their words to heart about DP Pokemon.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
  • >____>

Wow. You might as well list all 400+ Pokemon under your Overused list.

Anyway, like Ichida said, you seem afraid to battle any strong Pokemon. XP

Not to be offensive but are you a n00b? It seems like it.

And, I have to agree with everyone, this seems pretty stupid...

I just have to ask this... You do know what EV training is, don't you?

xtyrantx

To everyone that decided to chastize me for posting this. Lets get a few things straight, don't make any accusations towards me to try and prove your elitism in pokemon. I know enough about pokemon that calling me a n00b because I propose an idea outside of the box is in itself pathetic in a sense. I know about EV training, all the pokemon in the BL tier are EV trained. You can't judge a trainer's merit because of the pokemon he uses, you judge it by how well he trains them. I'm not out to prove anything to you, in your eyes I may be viewed as a n00b and that's fine with me, the point I'm trying to get across is just because I choose to not play your repetitive skarmbliss, specmence, scarfgon over and over again doesn't make me any less of a trainer, I've built an OU team that replicated the same strategy as everyone else out there, and in all actuality it bored me, that's the reason I don't play it, it isn't because of how many times I won or lost, it just wasn't fun.

Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    Well, I'd have no problem participating in this, because I'm so bored of using an OU team in NetBattle and being pwned constantly. So yeah. After I get done with the league, I'd be willing to train some of my BL/UU Pokemon. ;)

Oh, and don't just go calling someone a n00b without concrete proof. It's really not polite. If some people aren't n00bs, then they would be able to pwn us n00bs no matter what Pokemon they use. So yeah. ^^;

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2022
    lol why is ditto a NU pokemon, it sould be BL at least, some people need to open there eyes and relize the possibitles you can do with a ditto. im just finsished ev traing one on my emerald for a 2v2 team, and still they can be used on 1v1s, with them holding metal powder they can make sweepers in to sweepers that can tank and turn tanks that reliey mostly on def/sdef than hps in to...whats a tankyer word for tank... well you get the idea!

heres an example of a shuckle vs a ditto. both with the same ivs, evs and nature. with ivs maxed 252hp, 228 def, and 28 sdef and a careful nature shuckle has 244 hps and 553 def/sdef not bad for a tank right? but then bam! ditto tranforms in to shuckle and getts 1106 def/sdef with metal poweder, plus his 300 hps(because hps are not copyed) makes a far better tank! 1106 def/sdef with out even any stat ups!

and for a sweaper... lets use a Crobat with maxed ivs, adament nature, and 252 evs in atk and spd its total stats are 312hps, 306atk, 196def/sdef and 359spd. good speed and decent atk with ok def/sdef now, have a ditto with same ev spread and nature transform in to that crobat with metal powder and Bam! you have a sweeper with 306atk, 359spd, and 392def/sdef!! all you have to do is sweep a way why they are just trying to kill you!!!! i dont know why people overlook ditto so much!!! he total rocks!

Years
  • To everyone that decided to chastize me for posting this. Lets get a few things straight, don't make any accusations towards me to try and prove your elitism in pokemon. I know enough about pokemon that calling me a n00b because I propose an idea outside of the box is in itself pathetic in a sense. I know about EV training, all the pokemon in the BL tier are EV trained. You can't judge a trainer's merit because of the pokemon he uses, you judge it by how well he trains them. I'm not out to prove anything to you, in your eyes I may be viewed as a n00b and that's fine with me, the point I'm trying to get across is just because I choose to not play your repetitive skarmbliss, specmence, scarfgon over and over again doesn't make me any less of a trainer, I've built an OU team that replicated the same strategy as everyone else out there, and in all actuality it bored me, that's the reason I don't play it, it isn't because of how many times I won or lost, it just wasn't fun.

That's why you should compose a UU team and see if you can take down all of the OU Pokemon to show how good of a trainer you are. If you compose a whole new league with NU and BL Pokes, then it'll be just like fighting OU against OU, but even more boring because you won't have the powerful attacks, or such great stats.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Donphan being OU?! Since when. I've never seen someone use one. I agree Gallade, Electivire, Metagross, etc. are, but Donphan?! And RAMPARDOS?! Even worse.

I agree Rampardos should be on the Borderline/Under Used tier at most, but Donphan I agree is OU. I've been seeing a lot of him; his Defense is through the roof, his attack is pretty good, and he makes a fantastic Rapid Spinner. So that part I agree with.

The only Pokemon I use that's even Borderline is Claydol... and he's really messed up a few teams I've faced, especially if they can't/don't know how to counter him well. I consider him a staple in my staller team these days.

Back