• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Pokemon - Like/Hate?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
    Hell, it's the best thing since BACON, dammit.
    I actually have to disagree with this. The best thing since bacon is MORE bacon! (and I'm a vegetarian!)

The original generation will always have a soft spot in my heart, but I can't hate the newer generations too much. I suppose we can all be glad that they didn't just make 400+ Eeveelutions ;D

Eevee_girl

Ich weiss nicht.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    I liked more Pokemon in the Sinnoh region than in the Hoenn region. :u So.. it's third on my list. Kanto, then Johto are my favorites.

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
    The newer Pokemon were not of anything I have seen before. They interest me, as it comes to why I love them so much.

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I'm definitely nostalgic for Kanto and Johto, because they were first and amazing, and introduced me to this magical world of powerful creatures. Most of my favorites are from these eras. But I also love and accept Hoenn and Sinnoh, because I love being able to watching something I love evolve and expand to be even bigger!

Granted, I have my favorites and those I don't like so much(Nosepass...*cough*), but I kind of fine each and every pokemon appealing in their own weird little way. Maybe because...they're pokemon! lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I think some of them, such as Piplup and Shinx, were awesome, but some of them were stupid. I think what I really dislike about the Sinnoh was the sheer amount of evolutions they added. From what I could tell, a large percentage of the Sinnoh Pokemon were just evolutions of previous ones. Some of them were cool (I love Gallade, Mismagius and Leafeon/Glaceon), but some of them were really unnecessary. Lickilicky is a great example of this.

Also, too many legendaries! Hoenn was already pusing it (I never understood the purpose of the Legendary Golems), but Sinnoh pushed it WAY over its limit. Thirteen? Really? I wonder how many legendaries Gen V is going to have...

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
    Personally, I don't like Sinnoh Pokémon very much. I love Gible and its evolutions, as well as Ralts, but I still prefer Kanto and Johto.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    For me, it's the same with old and new Pokémon - I like most of them, but there are a few which I don't like.

In general, I like the new ones.

Back