• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Manga

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2015
    Hi I not much of a poster here but on my journeys on the internet I discovered that they are releasing a more mature Pokemon Manga. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Unfortunately I cant post the link because I have Less the 15 posts.

Pokemon Manga To Reach Out To An Older Audience

By Ishaan . January 22, 2011 . 10:27am
    If you've been keeping up with Pokémon Black/White coverage around the web, you already know that the games aim at spicing up Game Freak's long-running RPG series in a few different ways, one of them being to try and appeal to longtime Pokémon players.

Black/White aren't the only aspect of the franchise that are trying to appeal to Pokémon fans that may have grown up with — or even outgrown — the series; Pokémon manga in Japan is doing the same.

A new Pokémon manga series will be debut in Shogakukan's Weekly Shounen Sunday magazine this March. Shounen Sunday targets a slightly older audience than Monthly CoroCoro Comic magazine, which is where Pokémon manga have been serialized in the past.

The image to the right is of the new series' protagonist. No further details on the subject are known yet, but we'll keep you posted.

Other series presently being serialized in Weekly Shounen Sunday include Hayate the Combat Butler, The World God Only Knows, Detective Conan and Kekkaishi.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Ah yes. The one thing I've always thought Pokémon was missing was horrible over-done anime character designs.

new-manga-2.gif

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I've heard of the new Pokemon manga. It seems that they're trying to market it for older audiences, since most of the Pokemon merchandise is aimed at younger people.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • Since when was BW trying to apeal to an older audience? And I thought this was Adventures' job anyway.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • You realize that the "older audience" thing is a rumor? No one really said that. That's just an assumption based on the fact that Shonen Jump is running mangas such as Inu-Yasha.

Also, I am VERY curious about the manga. It seems to be very different from other titles, I want to see wattafuk izzat.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I'm also very curious about this manga. I hope that the series does pose a difference to what we've already seen in terms of Pokemon Special Adventures and that the style of art and story are unique. I do agree with the notion of the manga being targeted at an older audience because I don't see any other reason for switching from Corocoro to Shounen Sunday, other than targetting a bigger audience.

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2016
    I have a feeling that this manga could end up either really good or really, really bad. From the two images I've seen, I don't really care for the art style, but I'm going to reserve my judgment until after the release of a few chapters.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    I have a feeling this will be really bad. Idk; I'm not a fan of the character designs and I am turned-off by that small scan alone.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • An older audience? YES!!!!! Finally no more babyish non-violence. Not that I live for violence, but Pokemon has never made any sense in terms of pyshical pain. Team Rocket should have been dead by now :-|

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
    Years
  • The new manga series is confirmed to be called Pocket Monsters ReBURST and it'll start on March 9
    There's a coloured picture of the characters attached.

I'm pretty excited about it, and I hope I won't be disapointed.

Back