• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon Monorpale/Hitotsuki/Honedge!

Years
^ I never said most or all ugly pokemon are weak, I am not sure you are reading my posts correctly. Simply, aesthetics matter, and even an "ugly" pokemon can be aesthetically pleasing to their fans if the design is innovative and creature-like. Many emboar users might also be please by his intricate pattern and colorization with the orange, yellow, red, and black. I think the emboar is slightly ugly, but brutish and intense looking, but I enjoy having the variety of aestitic brought into the game to diversify Serperiors Elegance/Regality and Samurott's formadible/calm demeanor. Everyone has a preference among these three, and the preference is justified, even for Emboar.

Honedge takes away from the pokemon aesthetic and story-line of players who do not use him. Given that a sword is not a creature or creature-like, it would have been fine if the ghost was holding onto the sword rather than possessing a sword. In the sheath, it looks fine, it gives the pokemon an innovative design, but when unsheathed, the sheath with the tassel should be holding the sword, not the other way around. When getting ready to encounter a creature of some sort, those that run into a floating sword will be disappointed and not feel like they are playing the same game.

This isn't my point. Who cares if its design is disapointing. And how it says its a possed sword might not even be true, frick rotom was a machine (most forms), we had giant ice cream and a fricken magnet and nobody complained. We also had gears, and again nobody complai ned. Now we get a cool object and people juet start automatically hating it? Jeez thats just so stupid. Who fricken cares about his looks, looks wont win a battle, nethier will being a objeft or a Pokemon, what wins a battle is typing advantages, stat advantages and skill/tactics and the pokemon has type advantages now all that ks needed is skill and stats and not to many pokemon require mega skill l.

megapokemon3

Lover of every Pokemon
Years
When I first sew this guy on serebii I thought he looked soo cool :D Then I read the description of how he grabs you are sucks your energy and I got very creeped out owo I think it's an awesome pokemon! first pokemon to really really creep me out in my life

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
This isn't my point. Who cares if its design is disapointing. And how it says its a possed sword might not even be true, frick rotom was a machine (most forms), we had giant ice cream and a fricken magnet and nobody complained. We also had gears, and again nobody complai ned. Now we get a cool object and people juet start automatically hating it? Jeez thats just so stupid. Who fricken cares about his looks, looks wont win a battle, nethier will being a objeft or a Pokemon, what wins a battle is typing advantages, stat advantages and skill/tactics and the pokemon has type advantages now all that ks needed is skill and stats and not to many pokemon require mega skill l.

lol you don't have a point at all. I do happen to like Honedge's design, but really, "Who fricken cares about his looks"? Ummm... so you're telling me that Pokémon is just about battling?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

You must not have been around when Gen 5 came out...Vanilite and Klink had some major hate going on everywhere. They are two of the most complained about designs of Generation 5.

Also Rotom is a plasma ghost that can posses machines. He isn't a Machine himself. As far as if Honedge is a possessed Sword...the creators said he is, therefore he is. They would not say that he was a possessed sword if he were not a possessed sword.

Though I agree that looks are not everything. Its not even a defining factor in battle. It is a defining factor in personal choice. Some people may never use it just because they don't like how it looks. Won't make any difference in how well it battles but its enough to keep it from seeing as much battles as it should.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think it deserves this much hate, but I can see where People are coming from. They made the sword look plain, especially compared to it's Sheath that several people on this thread (including me) have said we prefer it with the Sheath on. Also it looks tiny and not very intimidating...though looks can be deceiving is what I hope it turns out to be :3

Years
I would love to see this have a Pseudo evolution tho I doubt it will. But if it did maybe more people would stop hating on it so much

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I would love to see this have a Pseudo evolution tho I doubt it will. But if it did maybe more people would stop hating on it so much

With that much of a power creep, not to mention its typing's nearly flawless set up would cause more *****ing than it would stop.

600 Base Stats Ghost/Steel type Pokemon that is immune to Fighting, Normal, and Poison while resisting Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Rock, and Steel x2 and Bug x4.

I mean that would be the perfect wall with serious possible attack power. It would be more a legendary like Pokemon than a pseudo legend with its insane potential. If it were a pseudo it would probably be banned from unofficial meta since its typing with those kinda stats and the fact that it can never miss is really broken.

It already counters almost everything that is common in the meta and barely takes anything from entry hazards, with exception to Spikes only. That's just begging for people to complain about overpowering Pokemon existing. People complained about the power creep gen 5 had this would make all those complaints even worse.

Years
With that much of a power creep, not to mention its typing's nearly flawless set up would cause more *****ing than it would stop.

600 Base Stats Ghost/Steel type Pokemon that is immune to Fighting, Normal, and Poison while resisting Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Rock, and Steel x2 and Bug x4.

I mean that would be the perfect wall with serious possible attack power. It would be more a legendary like Pokemon than a pseudo legend with its insane potential. If it were a pseudo it would probably be banned from unofficial meta since its typing with those kinda stats and the fact that it can never miss is really broken.

It already counters almost everything that is common in the meta and barely takes anything from entry hazards, with exception to Spikes only. That's just begging for people to complain about overpowering Pokemon existing. People complained about the power creep gen 5 had this would make all those complaints even worse.

What do you mean by meta? And honestly I think gen 1 pokemon were the strongest base stat wise (most) imo I haven't compared all of them tho.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What do you mean by meta? And honestly I think gen 1 pokemon were the strongest base stat wise (most) imo I haven't compared all of them tho.

Meta is the competitive gameplay. You have the Nintendo Meta or official tournament meta and the online meta (smogon, Pokemon Showdown, stuff like that) also known as unofficial tournament meta. The unofficial is the only one that uses the Tier system while the official usually bans all event related Legendary Pokemon and Mewtwo.

Gen 6 had some serious fire power added in as well as some pretty high leveled evolutions. Practically the latter half was where majority of the power for Gen 5 was.

Years
Meta is the competitive gameplay. You have the Nintendo Meta or official tournament meta and the online meta (smogon, Pokemon Showdown, stuff like that) also known as unofficial tournament meta. The unofficial is the only one that uses the Tier system while the official usually bans all event related Legendary Pokemon and Mewtwo.

Gen 6 had some serious fire power added in as well as some pretty high leveled evolutions. Practically the latter half was where majority of the power for Gen 5 was.

So the gen 5 Ranked battles were meta?

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022

Xander is right. If this turned out to be a pseudo legendary it would be stupidly overpowered.
And what are your basing your statement on? Gen V easily has more power creeps than Gen I.

If you want me to be more specific, let's take a quick look at BSTs:

Gen I Pokémon with 540 or more BST: 9
Spoiler:

Gen V Pokémon with 540 or more BST: 16
Spoiler:

Years
Xander is right. If this turned out to be a pseudo legendary it would be stupidly overpowered.
And what are your basing your statement on? Gen V easily has more power creeps than Gen I.

If you want me to be more specific, let's take a quick look at BSTs:

Gen I Pokémon with 540 or more BST: 9
Spoiler:

Gen V Pokémon with 540 or more BST: 16
Spoiler:

True but they released way more legendarys in 5th gen then 1st gen

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
True but they released way more legendarys in 5th gen then 1st gen
That's true, but excluding the legends it's a 2 to 5 ratio, or 2 to 4 (aka 1 to 2) if you're not counting a forme based on half Hp of a Pokémon with a DW ability. It's still a lot.

However:
Gen 3: had 4 (Milotic, Metagross, Salamence, and Slaking (the strongest bst non-legendary Pokémon tied with the mascots of the generation but has lame ability))
Gen 4: Had 3 Togekiss, Electivire, Magmotar.
The power creep though doesn't seem that big compared to the other two of the last three generations. It's gone in a modest pace, it seems to be more of the legendary creep than a power creep (btw Gen 1 doesn't count as a creep, as they're the originals).
Note: Gen 2 had one 540 non-legendary Kingdra.
Though I must admit I kind of what to see Honedge be a Pseudo now as I'll enjoy seeing the buzz it'll cause xD.

Back