• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: (NEW) Pokemon: Moon/Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I love how light the colors are, won't hurt the eyes at all, Treecko, can't wait for more :) If I can be of any help at all, just ask :)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Oh!, spotted the berry trees and suddenly got a question. How will they work?, because as far as I remember R/S has the berry spots for planting berries, and G/S you didn't need to plant. Will you have both kind of berry trees? (Sorry if I'm not too clear about what I'm asking... :P)

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Oh!, spotted the berry trees and suddenly got a question. How will they work?, because as far as I remember R/S has the berry spots for planting berries, and G/S you didn't need to plant. Will you have both kind of berry trees? (Sorry if I'm not too clear about what I'm asking... :P)

So you're asking if they will need to replant the trees afterwards, or if they will be there forever like in G/S/C and just regrow berries in time, or Both of them? (Sorry, just tryin to clarify for treecko =P)

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010

There will be 3 ways to get berries. The first way, like in R/S/E. Second, you can ask the person next to the tree if you want him/her to plant one for you. Third, there will be different color berries on the tree, blue, red, orange, green, and so on. Those you can only get once.

I have updated the first post, and changed the colors of the trees to be darker. I thought the same thing as you guys. Anyway, I have alot to do tomorrow. I'll post more screens and update the first post completely when I can.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Wow, the new restart looks excellent. Restarting can be a handful but sometimes it's good. Heck some great games came out of it before of project restarts, Resident Evil 2 for one.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Awesome work as always Treecko. The thin and berry trees should be a bit darker, like Don Patch said.
    I can't wait for the next update.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Okay guys, here some a couple of new screenshots. I'm still changing tiles cause I don't want to use anytiles from the original game. But I know I still will. This town isn't finished, I'm gonna make it bigger and add more to it. And also, this trainer spite is made by -Sasuke-. He gave me permission to use it. It looks nice doesn't it;)
    (NEW) Pokemon: Moon/Sun

I'll be posting some battle screens next. A new title screen is being made by my good friend Green Charizard. I'll be showing a bit of everything next week, battles, new Pokemon, MAPS, Party Pokemon, more of the intro, new trainers, and other stuff. So I would say you'll have something to play a little after the New Years.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Awesome treecko i wish i was as good at hacking as you are.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I'm not a huge Advance hack fan but I am liking the way this one is turning out. Having those tiles was a good idea, the original RSE graphics don't look as good as the ones you have done in your hack. Have you planned any major Pokemon events?

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Damn Sasuke shortend Hikari enogh to not lose any quality at all wow.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Oh my, I forgot something. These are the new banners made by ~Jack~. If you're wondering why Lugia and Ho-oh are on them instead of the D/P legendaries, well...I'll tell you later. I'll add these to the first post. Anyway, here they are:

El Diabeetus

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    ooo can I be a froniter brain I'll show what i want to be + my team I'll pm to you:

Years
    Treeko, you are a Hacking Mastermind!!! I'm supporting u all the way!!!
    Nice maps!! looking forward to the battle screens... u're probably gonna change that too..? right?
    Anyway, Congratz and hope u get janurary's Uber!!
    ~NekroBoi~
    PS: What happened to the fake boxes i made? want me to change them?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    So... that's how -Sasuke-'s sprites would look in the game, nice (yes, she looks a bit short, but that adds a bit of originality)

Now that I see those images, you can notice the RS graphics and I say... YUCK! XD
    The light-blue water (goes to dictionary) stands out too much now, so I suppose you'll be changing that as well, right?

By the way, what's the difference between you planting the berry, and the person planting the berry? hmmmm....

More questions will be coming soon...

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    I'm not a huge Advance hack fan but I am liking the way this one is turning out. Having those tiles was a good idea, the original RSE graphics don't look as good as the ones you have done in your hack. Have you planned any major Pokemon events?
    Yes, I have planned out a few things. Everything that I want to add to the hack can be done....except the darn day/night feature. Well I know it can be done, just haven't figured that out yet.
    So... that's how -Sasuke-'s sprites would look in the game, nice (yes, she looks a bit short, but that adds a bit of originality)

Now that I see those images, you can notice the RS graphics and I say... YUCK! XD
    The light-blue water (goes to dictionary) stands out too much now, so I suppose you'll be changing that as well, right?

By the way, what's the difference between you planting the berry, and the person planting the berry? hmmmm....

More questions will be coming soon...
    I'm going to change the color of the water and the border tiles of it also. I'll show that in the next set of screenshots. And I decided to delete the person planting the berries seeing that it is kind of a waste. It's mainly the same except you ask someone to do it for you. So...it's officially out of the game. And more questions coming soon?...BRING EM' ON!:P

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I like those screenshots you put in on you first post Treecko! Those D/P-esque (right?) graphics are really nice and neat and makes your hack stand out a bit more than it did. I guess this hack will come out later than I thought, but do take your time to improve the hack. I'm impressed with the fact that you're dedicating yourself to making this hack better, and I hope for your sake that your hack will be awarded and mentioned again in RomHackersWeekly, but hopefully with a much better rating, or (better) end up one of the best hacks of the year! Good luck and keep it up! ;)

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    What happened to the fake boxes i made? want me to change them?
    I can't believe I forgot about them. I added them to the front page. I still need to organize everything. I want to do it as soon as I can. I'll divide it between what it different between the hacks, which isn't much. Thanks again for them.;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back