• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: (NEW) Pokemon: Moon/Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • Don't take this the wrong way guys. I'M NOT QUITTING! I just realized I need to have at least a week to rest. I haven't really been getting much sleep and my social life is falling down the tube lately. I'll be still working on the hack, but for now the group will take control. It's mainly because I have a problem saying no. Many people have been asking me to do stuff for them ever since I start using Kyledove's tiles and stuff. I haven't been getting much sleep. I'm always on Windows Live Messenger. Snrub said that I should take time off for while but I only want to take no more than a week off to help others. I got alot to do so GP can take over the hacks until I return.

I'm not quitting, and the hack will be completed like I promised. I'll still be here to post and stuff. And any Frontier requests you can still PM me about. I hope that explains everything.

Well, hello. Does the story reminds you of someone? *looks away*
    If you need a rest, then you must have a rest. You've done an impressive work (even though I'm wanting to see scripting, but that only because I'm a fanatic about scripts!) I'm sure the rest of your people will keep on the good work you've started.
    But... Why are you guys so excited 'bout Thursday? Was this the day Treecko gives you the game to test? (I don't think a Beta's coming today, I think they needed to test it for glitches first... Or perhaps there's more work to be done?)

Treecko, you'll learn to say "no" with the years (and you'll grow up to be a cranky guy, like me :P)

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
    Years
  • Hey GP I hav an idea to make the windmill have an animation!
    What to do is go onto overworld editor and find a useless sprite then change the size
    and make the sprite and different frames look like the spinning bit on a windmill
    but make it have differint positions for each frame
    and then use advanced map place the sprite where the windmill is (you know wht Im talkin about dont you) and give the movement of looking around and then in the game it will look like it is spinning!:)

Ronike

Dec Spriter and Shadow Trainer
    Years
  • By beta test, do you mean play the game early, or actually go thru and check every panel, every sign, every person, every warp, every random battle location, and every event for glitches? Only the latter will do and its not just up to me either, check on the Galaxy production page if you are willing to do all of the above.

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • So someone's back. Not telling who it is, do you know why? Because i don't know... i see this is getting more and more interesting i shall subscribe to this hack!

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
    Years
  • Hey GP I hav an idea to make the windmill have an animation!
    What to do is go onto overworld editor and find a useless sprite then change the size
    and make the sprite and different frames look like the spinning bit on a windmill
    but make it have differint positions for each frame
    and then use advanced map place the sprite where the windmill is (you know wht Im talkin about dont you) and give the movement of looking around and then in the game it will look like it is spinning!:)
    Do you understand how complicated and difficult that would be? Plus it wouldn't have a fluid movement. So at this point NO WINDMILL ANIMATION unless Treecko can do something about it. After all it was originally his hack ;) Why do you want a spinning windmill so badly anyway?

Well, hello. Does the story reminds you of someone? *looks away*
    If you need a rest, then you must have a rest. You've done an impressive work (even though I'm wanting to see scripting, but that only because I'm a fanatic about scripts!) I'm sure the rest of your people will keep on the good work you've started.
    But... Why are you guys so excited 'bout Thursday? Was this the day Treecko gives you the game to test? (I don't think a Beta's coming today, I think they needed to test it for glitches first... Or perhaps there's more work to be done?)

Treecko, you'll learn to say "no" with the years (and you'll grow up to be a cranky guy, like me :P)
    Thats the thing. Treecko also had a lot of stress from constantly being PMed and I suppose when you don't know how to say "no", you'll find youself under a lot of stress...

Anyway, Thursday was going to be the test beta day, but after talkin to Treeck, he decided to take a break. Treeck erased the existing maps (which I am a little sad about because they were awesome) so the first maps (103, 101, Oldale, Littleroot) are blank. Rest assured, we have some excellent mappers who have already submitted some stuff ;)

By beta test, do you mean play the game early, or actually go thru and check every panel, every sign, every person, every warp, every random battle location, and every event for glitches? Only the latter will do and its not just up to me either, check on the Galaxy production page if you are willing to do all of the above.
    Well, the beta is really just a ROM with some D/P pokes and tiles. Treeck included some stuff to inspire us too as well as a collection of sprites to use. He's a good guy ;)

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Wow, not much has been said since I was going to take a break, anyway, I'm back everyone! I've been busy on my little break so why even bother taking one? I'm getting started now. So expect more updates soon you guys.

:20:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • That's great Treecko (hope you don't overdo it again). Your group has made wonderful maps, and I can't wait to play on them! Good luck, we are waiting for next month's über hack!

Years
  • ur back already treecko i just wanted to say good night :D
    wel hope u rested long enough :D
    BTW i love the new screens

Merry Christmass everyone :D

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Thanks guys. Since I didn't do anything special for Christmas, you can expect a small beta on New Years. I might post a screen or 2 of what's in it, maybe. Well Merry Christmas everyone, have a nice day.

Years
  • Wow, if this version came out when Emerald did I probaly would of picked this one, seriously, and the dedication your putting into it, simply amazing, so amazing that I'm gonna put a support banner in my sig right now. *Goes to choose a suport banner*.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    I know you guys, not much going on huh? Well you're wrong. I've been trying to get everything perfect for the beta. It's not going to be very long but it'll still be something though. I'm redoing the Pokemon and trainers back sprites to look much better and a new intro. My favorite part so far about what I'm doing to the hack is the palette editing. Anyway, I won't tell what will be in the beta, but it will be a nice start.

After the day I release the beta I will update the first post. See ya later.:20:

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    :D Well, I hope Treecko gets the rest and motivation he needs to keep hacking. He's definately determined to make it a successful and complete hack! Don't give up! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back