• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon or Forme Confirmed!

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Nice find, I can't wait for more information about the Pokemon formes.

The thing is, I'm starting to think that they'll most likely be Johto Pokemon, to advertise Heart Gold and Soul Silver in Japan and other countries. The only problem is that, if the Pokemon formes gets released after the games are released in Japan, then the formes are most likely going to be obtained through Mystery Gift in Japan, which probably means it'll get released as a Mystery gift in USA and Europe too. This means events.

This is a good theory and a great way to speculate and discuss, so I'll stick this for now.

KopaKura

Soul searcher
    Years
  • Nice find, I can't wait for more information about the Pokemon formes.

The thing is, I'm starting to think that they'll most likely be Johto Pokemon, to advertise Heart Gold and Soul Silver in Japan and other countries. The only problem is that, if the Pokemon formes gets released after the games are released in Japan, then the formes are most likely going to be obtained through Mystery Gift in Japan, which probably means it'll get released as a Mystery gift in USA and Europe too. This means events.

This is a good theory and a great way to speculate and discuss, so I'll stick this for now.

If they are new formes, I doubt they'll be in HGSS, surely coders and people taking part the game would have found their sprites and such by now?

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • god help us all if its a Celebi form :(

enough forms already, i wanna see new pokemon, not the same one with wings or tentacles

It's quite obvious that there will be no new forms, HG/SS proves that the 4th generation is ending, also if it were a new form, it would be of a new Pokemon or a Deoxys Special forme, but Deoxys isn't in this film for all we know, so it is obviously a new Pokemon or two, or maybe even 3 new Pokemon if were lucky, after all, movie 8 and 9 each introduced 4 new Pokemon (Movie 8: Lucario, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Weavile, Movie 9: Manaphy, Buizel, Chatot, Mantyke), making a total of 8 new Pokemon, which are now old Pokemon since generation 4 is rolling the red carpet back in and the red carpet for generation 5 is just about to be rolled out....

If they are new formes, I doubt they'll be in HGSS, surely coders and people taking part the game would have found their sprites and such by now?

Agreed, Mystery gift can't expand the ROM data within the game, besides, if they were new formes for Johto Pokemon, we would have already found the sprites in HG/SS' coding by now, and possibly even the methods to obtaining them....

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years

• If they are new formes, I doubt they'll be in HGSS, surely coders and people taking part the game would have found their sprites and such by now?
    I guess you're right. Anyway, we'll wait and see for more information. That's why specualating is so awesome.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.Seeing as something about the movie said Ash meets a lookalike, maybe we can capture an Ash-like pokemon!!!That'd be cool, i'd just make him faint over, and over, and over, and over again

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • all i need to say is YYYAAHHHHOOOOOO!!!! YYYAYYYY YEAAHHHH right thats over i can't wait to see this 5 generation it's going to rock like all the others did ^.^

pokefangunner

PokeGleek
    Years
  • They may also include a new legendary dog.

OMG i never thought about having another dog legendary that would be so cool they could turn out like evvee and keep getting new evolutions every generation cant wait to see what generation 5 means! (and yes, i do not know how to spell evee lol)

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • If it is two new Pokemon I am guessing they would be none legendary Pokemon. We know the movie already as four legendary Pokemon in it, so six would be way over the top.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • I believe that both are new Pokémon. We are fed up with new forms, and 2010 is there, c'mon! New Pokémon should appear each 3-4 years (Munchlax is from 2004, so should have been two years ago).

But i believe that one of those is the "Z" Pokémon, a legendary IMO.
    And the other one a baby, like was with Togepi, Azurill and Munchlax, in their respective generations.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • I wonder....possibly Lugia and Ho-oh will get new formes? As there are two released together, it suggests to me that these will be two Pokemon that will be equal in some way (e.g. Ho-oh and Lugia/ Groudon and Kyogre) I doubt it will be starters, as I'd expect them to be all released together, so as to not create an unbalanced feel.

Perhaps two fresh Eeveelutions? Maybe two version exclusives? We'll just have to see :D

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
    Years
  • Wasn't Chatot one of the first to be revealed for D/P? That doesn't fit in with those.
    Chatot was revealed later. First was Munchlax. Then, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Weavile and Lucario.

Every new generation of Pokémon has a Baby-like among the first to be revealed.

2nd: Togepi (1997)
    3rd: Azurill, Wailmer, Kecleon (2001)
    4th: Munchlax (2004)

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Can the name of this thread be changed to;
    New Pokemon or Forme Confirmed!

please...

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
  • sorry to say this, but that information is a little.... biased? ... it's not looking at every possible meaning of the sentence(s) :/ That does not confirm that something new is going to come out. The most I can say about that is that you can speculate that since the past two movies have had something "new" there is a good chance that they could have something new in there... but the fact is that 登場 is being translated to mean one thing only, when it does not only apply to overall new things... sure, there is a good change that it is, but nothing has been confirmed yet :(

Years
  • Perhaps it is a Shiny/alternate variation of a current Pokemon.

Such as the Notch Eared Pichu and Gyarados of alternate color.
    May also be the "Movie" event. Perhaps a Pokemon that can do something crazy strange like Transform, Roar of Time, or Spacial Rend.

Spike Skull Magby...

Back