• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NEW! Pokemon Starter Kit for XP

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Scripters always tend to abandon projects :p
    I would help you but I'm too busy with my own Starter Kit and such, but feel free to PM me for help, or add me to msn.

I like your way of doing things =)

(Y)

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    And what way is that, Azure? Oh, and you just might hear from me, to give me tips and stuff. Thanks for offering!

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    The way you do things, like... there are some starter kits that people make in which you have to copy and paste the same thing a hundred times. And then you have to edit it all.

When you say:

Yeah, it will have everything ready to go. No CBS to make, no CMS to make, etc.

I guess you're doing you SK so that real noob people will be able to use. That's what an SK is all about.

:)

Azura, BTW. Not Azure.

Be happy.

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    o ok soz stupid question lol alos will this have all moves like metranome and tranform that work or will we have to make them and abilitys?

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I guess he said it will have "everything ready to go".

=)

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Yeah, everything will be set up (CBS, moves, abilities, etc). You just need to copy and paste a little bit of script and edit it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2006
    i'm a mate of blizzy and i think he clearly said you can only use his starterkit for games, not to build another starterkit with it

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Well, I remember Blizzy saying his SK sucked and he wasn't going to do it anymore.

I guess since LegosJedi gave credit to Blizzy, it should be ok.
    Well who cares anyway? Blizzy's SK was a good try on Pokemon scripting but it's not good, and the world knows that (except the noobs). You, Sudowieeedo, should be glad that there's someone trying to improve/finish your friend's work so you/everybody can finish their games.

Well, that's it.
    And if you need any scripting help (I said this already) you can ask me.

Ciao

Years
    Well, sorry to erm.. say, but if one says you can't use ti for ... even if he stops developing it, you still cant use it for ...

Right?

Me™

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Your statement does not make sense at all.

This is written on his goodbye thread:

Blizzy said:
    all what people ask me is that stupid starterkit, which i shouldn't have created ever!
    i mean, who wants a half-not-working-system?
    i havent seen a buggier system than the latest version i released.

Blizzy said:
    i've done enough, and all i recieved was nothing.

When people use his "half-not-working-system" to improve it, everybody in the community wins. Blizzy gets his credit, LegosJedi will get his, and the rest will use their work (even if unfinished). So in the end everybody will be happy.

By forbiding people from using his "abandoned" code he is just slowering the developers community, seeing that an SK is really necessary for beginners (and pokecommunity has loads of them).

That's my opinion. I do not use the starter kit. I was always against using it, because of lag and stuff. However, I know how important Blizzy's SK is, so I think supporting people who are trying to improve it is really necessary.

~Azura.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Guys, the Exteradude SK (which I am using) is an 'extension' of Blizzy's original SK. So, if Exteradud can do it, so can I.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Just info: Exteradude made his starterkit without permission :p

Later, however, Blizzy told him he could continue (although he should've asked permission first)

;)

Anyway, keep up the good work. Any updates?

Back