• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile New PokemonSnap who else is excited!!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    This made me super excited. I literally called my local GameStop if they started preorders already. Will definitely go after work!

I'm also super excited that they put a freaking Meganium on the cover. I can't remember the last time I saw a Meganium on the cover of a game (probably a Mystery Dungeon game?) but overall I'll be able to relive my childhood once more and use my photog skills a try!

Also. New features. Yes!

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Just so the advert on the homepage, and the only thing I cared about is confirmed, we're still on a rail system, so not directly interacting with the pokemon. :) I hope they programmed in ways to make evolutions like in the original.

I knew I should have bought a switch for black friday, that dang sephiroth reveal in smash and now this.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Yes, the original snap is in my top 5 fav pokemon games, if i could find a large screen tv with the old components, or there was a way to make those games optimized for the old tvs look right on the new ones, I'd still be playing it now.

I'm gonna hook up my old copy and give it another playthrough. :)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I'm very excited and have already pre-ordered my digital copy! Pokémon Snap is easily my favorite spin-off game and I imagine that I'll enjoy New Pokémon Snap even more now that I'm into photographing "Pokémon" (insects, reptiles, etc.) IRL.

• I'm gonna buy it cuz I loved the original and this one looks beautiful, but I don't really know many pokemon past gen 4 so I may not enjoy it as much.

Also come on naming it "New" Pokemon Snap?! Nintendo, plz. Didn't you learn your lesson with the "New" 3DS? Blahhh

Years
    I'm very excited, as someone who never owned a Nintendo 64, it will be my first time playing Snap and it looks like a very relaxing game!

I'm gonna buy it cuz I loved the original and this one looks beautiful, but I don't really know many pokemon past gen 4 so I may not enjoy it as much.

Also come on naming it "New" Pokemon Snap?! Nintendo, plz. Didn't you learn your lesson with the "New" 3DS? Blahhh

yeah New isn't the most creative, but I still like it anyway, and certainly better than things like X, DX, Deluxe and etc which are name styles I absolutely hate haha

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    I'm very excited and have already pre-ordered my digital copy! Pokémon Snap is easily my favorite spin-off game and I imagine that I'll enjoy New Pokémon Snap even more now that I'm into photographing "Pokémon" (insects, reptiles, etc.) IRL.

very nice, I do a bit of photography myself. :)

Completely forgot you do this for some reason - it's super cool!! I hope the game will live up to your expectations.

I feel bad saying this but I hope we'll still be able to throw apples/berries at the mons in this iteration, while that was a little mean to do it made for some hilarious shots/poses in the original haha. My friends loved taking silly pictures.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Completely forgot you do this for some reason - it's super cool!! I hope the game will live up to your expectations.

I feel bad saying this but I hope we'll still be able to throw apples/berries at the mons in this iteration, while that was a little mean to do it made for some hilarious shots/poses in the original haha. My friends loved taking silly pictures.

did you use the pest balls? XD

oh yeah and can't forget the pokeflute.

Years
    i wish i got into spin-off games more and felt more excitement for stuff like this. saw the trailer a while back and it looks gosh darn beautiful! hoping everyone who gets to play it soon has a good time with it!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I never had an N64 so I never got to play the original. I'm very curious about this one, especially about the fun little exploration bits they'll hide.

Back