• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Poll!!! What do you think?

So which one of these do you think is the most powerful pokemon of all?

• Total voters

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I think they're all relatively powerful in their own way -all Pokemon are, really. ^^; But if I had to pick, I'd go with Dragonite. >=3 It's so adorable yet so powerful too. =D *remembers her old Dragonite on her Silver version* <33

~Kelsey

Normal

Type: Normal!
    Years
    Hmm..

I voted Dragonite, although I believe that Snorlax, if he reached full potential..would DESTROY THEM ALL!

Years
    They all have their strong points and weak points. Some are weak against others and some are not. Ho-oh has yet to be in a movie(not for long) so I'll go with him, since I haven't seen him battle. They are all good pokemon though.

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    Hi everyone. This poll is really coming out to be great thanx everyone for voting. Remmember if I say something that conflicts whith your opinion, its just me stating the facts. Im the type of person that always has to show the posative when all that people look at is the negative, and vice versa. Laser thanx for voting. Yes Mewtwo rocks.

ZephyrPlusle, Yes Mew is great but his stats are low. Yes of course Mew can learn any TM, but with that comparison you might as well compare Mew to Ditto. Im not saying Mew isnt awesome in a battle, it does pull its weight. Do not forget however even in the first Pokemon movie Mew did not defeat Mewtwo. Mewtwo was defeated by reason and the fact he did not realize that human and pokemon bonds are important. Mew could not defeat Mewtwo. Thanx for voting.

Typhlozion, hey there. Havent heard from ya in a while. Dragonite is by far one of my favorites too. Dragonite took the number one spot for physical Attack power back in the days of Red/Blue/Yellow. Dragonite best possible move to know is Hyper Beam which as we all know is devastating. Hyper Beam is only worth it though when a pokemon with good Attack uses it. Hyper Beams damage does not work off of Special Attack.Thanx for voting.

Normal, hey whats up. Thanx for voting. Yes Snorlax is quite a good candidate to take on any of the top 15. This is due to his high HP, Deffense, and Special Deffense. So Snorlax can can deffinitely take the pain better than most. Snorlax has a mediocre attack though. Forget Special Attack because its really really low. Never teach Snorlax elemental Attacks unless he has Amnesia. If you like Snorlax then you'll like Slaking.

Bobby, thanx for voting. Ho-Oh is an amazing pokemon, but I never understood why Nintedo came out with two Legendary Flying/Fire type pokemon. I would have made Ho-Oh a Dark/Flying legend, to be the opposite of Lugia. Watch out for those T-Bolts though.

~tang~, of course you can pick the strongest pokemon. That does not mean it is undefeatable. Like you see earlier in this thread I posted how my Tangela whooped a Mewtwo. I have seen a Houndoom rip right through Jirachi, I would choose my Beedrill to decimate Celebi. Anything is possible but statisticaly there is such a thing as the most powerful pokemon ever. This means the pokemon has the highest chances of any pokemon out there to win battles, and survive allot of punishment. Thanx for voting.

Houndour2005, thanx for voting. Now remmember everyone my criticizms are not ment to insult, but to inform, and help you. Its all good, but if you're comments are ridiculous, like as if you say Bellsprout is the most powerfull, I really wont know what to do. I'll either go on a rant, or have a heart attack from laughing. LoL im sure most of you would too. See ya later and keep the votes comming.

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    Important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to let everyone know I will be posting in a few days the actual list of which one is rated the best, and why. I will also post the sites that inspired this poll, and had the listing. Thanx for voting. Try to turn some of your friends on to vote here so we have more results. Thanx and have a great day.

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    Pokemon Results are in memo to everyone!

Hey guys results are in! In the P-Files website there is a ratings list constructed by reverse engineering the games. Note: This website did have Nintendo's permission to do a limited scan of data to help improove trainer tips. The ratings were based on comparing base stats and comparing average values of the pokemon to determine which ones are more valulable in a battle situation.

TM/HM compatability, equipment, training techniques, move tutors, stat variances, species abilities, and most importantly the chances of which pokemon species opponents would most likely use when battling each other are also variables that were tested to see which pokemon has the superior ratings.

The Pokemon Elite 2000 website's information concurs with the results, and so does Pokemon Palace Network. Here is the link to Pokemon Elite 2000, and the link for Pokemon Palace Network can be found on the top on your web page on this forum. I would like to thank Pokemon Elite 2000, as well as Pokemon Palace Network for their provided information that allowed this poll to take place. I greately thank the P-Files for rating, and listing the pokemon. Your info has greately contributed to my poll. Last but deffinitely not least, I would like to thank all of the Pokemon Community Forum members for voting and contributing to this poll. Now, lets get to the listings and descriptions!

SubZer0

R/B/Y Old Wise Man
    Years
    Starting with 15 all the way to ... 1 !!!

15) Tyranitar

Tyranitar comes in at number 15. Its brute power and good defense make it a tough opponent to topple. It has great HP and decent speed. Naturaly such a ferocious pokemon deserves to make the top 15. The new gneration move set that has made Tyranitar so famous is:

Tyranitar, Item: Leftovers, Nature: Adamant, Ability: Sand Stream,
    EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Moves: Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Aerial Ace

14) Dragonite

Dragonite has come in at 14 no small part due to him being the father of all dragon types. (Figuratively speaking that is.) Dragonite has always been a big fan favorite due to his looks, charm, and dominant fighting style. Hard to catch and raise, this pokemon set the battling standard in Red/Blue/Yellow versions. Till this day he remains one to use caution against and let me show you why:

Dragonite: Item: Chesto Berry, Nature: Adamant, Ability: Inner Focus,
    Moves: Dragon Dance, Rest, Earthquake, Wing Attack/Brick Break

13) Latios

Latios comes in at 13 as a great masterpiece in the third generation of pokemon. Half Dragon and Half Psychic, he is one of the most dominant pokemon on the battlefield. Why? Well let's see shal we:

Latios: Items: Leftovers/Shell Bell/Soul Dew, Nature: Modest, Ability: Levitate, EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind

12) Latias

Now Latias comes in at 12 only due to the fact most people prefer Latias over Latios. This is not due to one being better than the other, but to her being favored by people more. They are equaly powerful and have the same moveset that instills fear into their opponents. It's just a matter of prefrence that brings Latias at 12, with the same description:

Latias: Items: Leftovers/Shell Bell/Soul Dew, Nature: Modest. Ability: Levitate, EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind

11) Deoxys

Deoxys, the terror of the pokemon universe has come in at 11. Deoxys is one of the most evil villans in the pokemon movie world, but also rates as one of the toughest, and cleverest battlefield combatants. Deoxys has two different trainer versions that are most feared:

Deoxys (1): Item: Leftovers, Nature: Calm, Ability: Pressure,
    EV's: 252 HP, 129 Defense, 129 Special Defense
    Moves: Calm Mind, Cosmic Power, Toxic, Rest

Deoxys (2): Items: Leftovers/Shell Bell, Nature: Modest, Ability: Pressure,
    EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Moves: Calm Mind, Psychic, Seismic Toss, Thunderbolt/Ice Beam

10) Jirachi

Jirachi comes in at 10 ready and waiting to battle. This small, good natured pokemon is still one tough customer in the battle arena. Known as Jirachi, the Wishmaker, prooves his worth with this widowmaker set up:

Jirachi: Items: Leftovers/Shell Bell/Chesto Berry, Nature: Modest, Ability: Serene Grace, EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Moves: Psychic, Cosmic Power, Rest, Thunderbolt/Water Pulse

9) Celebi

The time travelin Celebi showes up on the list at 9. This spot is well earned due to his determination, and toughness. Celebi keeps the forests green, and the battlefield scared with these two movesets:

Celebi (1): Item: Leftovers, Nature: Impish, Ability: Natural Cure,
    Moves: Ancient Power, Calm Mind, Giga Drain, Baton Pass

Celebi (2): Item: Leftovers, Nature: Impish, Ability: Natural Cure,
    Moves: Giga Drain, Psychic, Leech Seed, Recover

8) Mew

Mew comes in at number 8, not just for being cute, but also being the most versatile, and knowleged TM user. Fabled to be the first pokemon ever in existance makes it one not to overlook. If you ever see one take the moment in. If you battle one prepare for one of the toughest battles you ever had, because of this:

Mew: Items: Leftovers/Petaya Berry, Nature: Modest, Ability: Synchronize, EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Moves: Calm Mind, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Softboiled

7) Groudon

Deep from beneath the earth comes Groudon at number 7. Probably dad to Rhydon... LOL... Groudon is a tough legend that controls the earth. He sure looks like you do not wish to meet in a dark alley, and here are the two reasons why:

Groudon (1): Items: Leftovers/Shell Bell, Nature: Docile, Ability: Drought,
    EV's: 252 Speed, 129 Special Attack, 129 Attack
    Moves: Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Earthquake, Rest/Brick Break/Ancient Power

Groudon (2): Items: Leftovers/Shell Bell, Nature: Adamant, Ability: Drought, EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Moves: Bulk Up, Ancient Power, Earthquake, Slash/Brick Break/ Rest

6) Kyogre

In the deep blue sea lies the powerful number 6, Kyogre. He controls the oceans, and I deffinitely would love to have one of these on my team:

Kyogre: Item: Leftovers, Nature: Modest, Ability: Drizzle,
    Moves: Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind

5) Slaking

Not legendary, not too rare, hard to train, and very lazy are just some of the phrases that describe Slaking. What makes Slaking number 5 is his defense, and massive attack. I think he's Snorlax's big brother. Why? Well:

Slaking (1): Item: Choice Band, Nature: Adamant, Ability: Truant,
    Moves: Hyper Beam, Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Brick Break

Slaking (2): Item: Leftovers, Nature: Careful, Ability: Truant,
    EV's: 252 Defense, 252 Special Defense, 6 HP
    Moves: Hyper Beam, Amnesia, Curse, Rest

4) Rayquaza

The long serpentlike dragon flying in the earth's ozone makes number 4. This is Rayquaza. Deadly, and crazy looking make it look fearsome, but its power makes it deadly. Let's have a look:

Rayquaza (1): Items: Leftovers/Shell Bell, Nature: Adamant, Ability: Air Lock, EV's: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Moves: Ancient Power, Aerial Ace, Dragon Dance, Extreemespeed/Earthquake

Rayquaza (2): Items: Leftovers/Shell Bell, Nature: Modest, Ability: Air Lock, EV's: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Moves: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Flamethrower, Surf/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

3) Ho-Oh

Ho-Oh to some peoples surprise hits number 3. Wow, it's statisticaly a behemoth. A sharp beak, and an attitude to match make it a devastating opponent. See for your self:

Ho-Oh: Item: Leftovers, Nature: Modest, Ability: Pressure,
    Moves: Calm Mind, Sacred Fire, Thunderbolt, Psychic

2) Lugia

Oh yes guardian of the earth, defeater of Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres, comes in at number 2. Lugia! Second most powerful pokemon in the pokeworld. I wonder what made it so fierce:

Lugia: Item: Leftovers, Nature: Modest, Ability: Pressure,
    Moves: Calm Mind, Psychic, Ice Beam, Recover

1) Mewtwo

Finaly! At long last coming in at number 1 is Mewtwo, the genetic nightmare. Resurected from Mew's fossil, but not before altering and improoving his genetic material, Mewtwo arose. In the world of pokemon Mewtwo was able to turn off all other pokemon's special attacks and abilities. His presence strikes fear even into the most experianced trainer. Lets have a looksee at these two different versions:

Mewtwo (1): Item: Leftovers, Nature: Modest, Ability: Pressure,
    Moves: Calm Mind, Psychic, Recover, Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Flamethrower

Mewtwo (2): Item: Leftovers, Nature: Calm, Ability: Pressure,
    EV's: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 Special Attack
    Moves: Toxic, Barrier, Amnesia, Psychic/Recover

I would like to thank the Gamespy Psypoke website for these amazing movesets, which you can find here . I would also like to make a very special thanx to the P-Files website which inspired, and helped in the making of this poll. You can find the ratings list here just in case youre skeptical about the top 15 list. The P-Files website can be found here . I would also like to make a very special thanks to you voters who helped me out with my pokemon poll. Remember though, I am qute sure there could be better movesets out there for the top 15 that were shown here today. These were the standard movesets that shocked pokefans with how powerful and efficient they were. If you think you have a better one kewl. Everything is open for disscussion. Thanx allot and see ya around.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    SubZer0: That was a cool....whatever you did.

I voted for Mewtwo, he can pretty much control everything and is powerful in the anime but he is equally strong in the game(s).

Back