• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Real-life Game Console?

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Japanese say they might start making a very rare, but high in price and quality game console. The game consol itself makes you feel what your character and such feels in the game itself. They are very high in prices, being only around 5 and counting in this world. It is huge, since the game console itself is the size of a small bathroom room. You enter in the room (or game console) and play the game. I couldn't research much, but I can't seem to know where to put the game and what is the company who made it.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Do you have any links or sources to back this up?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Here's a vid from actual gameplay footage.

I don't think we'll ever see a day where games are so real that you'll be able to feel what the character feels (lets make a shooter or a platformer and see how many people end up dead). Maybe something like the Wii and some sort of VR thing where you can move and control the character as you move and stuff. But as feeling what they feel... yea how many Japanese guys will be picking girl characters... if you catch my drift.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    That... that is simply awesome. Awesome. This is every gamers' wet dream!

This could even be utilized as a tool for independent film as well. It opens so many doors. Shame that the console isn't ready for public retail (at acceptable prices, at that) yet.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Yeah, I've got one of does in my garage. But the games just don't deliver, there are currently 2 games on the console, My little pony and teletubbies. So... Yeah.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
  • What if you were getting shot in a game of CoD, would you feel the pain? If your character died, would you feel the pain of death? It sounds like a great idea, however. You'd be able to feel love, right?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I actually think real-life video games are a good concept. But the only problem I see with that is that it takes up a lot of space.

Years
  • Here's a vid from actual gameplay footage.

I think I heard a Golden Eye Sound FX at 0.32 XD

Well, I think there will always be some form of life simulator because people will always want to go real.
    One thing that would be interesting is, how would the media react to it?

They are already moaning about games being too real and having a negative impact on everyone, so what would a RLS do?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Gunna agree with the Cap'n here. People are always gunna whine. Hell, my parents whine even about me playing Zelda and Pokemon, add an RLS shooter in there and they'll just die.

The technology is amazing though, however...I don't know. I'd like a controller. Due to my slow connection, I didn't watch the video though, so what I'm saying might not really matter, haha. But I'm assuming there's no controller, and a controller is just...something I have to have. But who knows! This is the future we're heading for though, I can feel it.

Bellacrose

Lover of Wartortles
    Years
  • That is a fake video right? o_O And I really don't like the idea of making video games THAT real. I think it will increase the amount of aggression in younger people considering how real it feels to have your hand on the gun and shooting another person. But I really don't want to debate psych stuff so I'm just going to say I strongly disapprove 8I

Back