• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Region(s)? O_O

Recruit173

Kung Fu Random!
    Years
    The Orre theory makes a lot of sense. And they don't even have to be for the Wii or the Wii U. Gamecube games are being remade for the Nintendo 3DS, which could mean an Orre-related game could be planned for it. It would definitely make up for the lack of Hoenn remakes, and seeing either Wes or Michael roam around in a 3DS-like environment would make for a great game.

Plus you have Mega evolutions which seem to derive from shadow Pokémon.

Last edited:

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    Or get this...the berries might just be unobtaniable. The region the backpacker is refering to will likely be the regionof the 7th gen games.
    Gamefreak doesn't want to do DLC'S and I'm pretty sure they stated they do not want to include two regions in onegame anymore.

How do you know? Pokemon fans usually consider new 'regions' as generations. However, this might be a generation where the region could be considered to be apart of the generation BECAUSE of the location. I mean, if the regions are next to each other we could consider them to be apart of the same gen., especially if they make a Kalos based game with extra regions nearby. Even I don't know what will happen, which is why I made this thread so that we could talk about this phenomenon. It's fun to discuss this topic with lots of people who hold opinions and thoughts.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    How do you know? Pokemon fans usually consider new 'regions' as generations. However, this might be a generation where the region could be considered to be apart of the generation BECAUSE of the location. I mean, if the regions are next to each other we could consider them to be apart of the same gen., especially if they make a Kalos based game with extra regions nearby. Even I don't know what will happen, which is why I made this thread so that we could talk about this phenomenon. It's fun to discuss this topic with lots of people who hold opinions and thoughts.
    Considering regions that are by each other to be the same generation would mean Gen I and Gen II are simply Gen I...while the anime may have considered them the same overarching saga, the games don't...well at least we fans don't xD.

Maybe they'll have a new region but without new Pokemon other than veryyyyyyy hidden Pokemon that are encoded in XY...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The way I would consider if a game was within the same generation is if they interact with each other outside of migrating pokemon. That it's a two way conversation (trading, battling) rather than just one game plucking info from another one. (migrating)

Under that definition any number of new regions could be a part of gen six, as long as they can trade and battle with Pokemon X & Y. (and each other)

(I'm talking main series games rather than spinoffs)

That would be a very technical view of "generation" I suppose, but I think its the most accurate one.

Last edited:

AKPorcupine

Yes, Follow the Light...
    Years
    I love the idea of new regions in X and Y. I mean, it's not unheard of to update games. I mean, they already dealt with the Lumiose City save glitch.

Also, more evidence for new regions is the Pokedex:

When you talk to Professor Sycamore about how many Poke'mon you've caught, he says something along the lines of

"You've caught XXX Poke'mon. And XXX of them were in the Kalos Region!"

As of right now, both those numbers are the same. I think this is pretty solid. Otherwise he would just say "You've caught such and such Poke'mon" The end. But no, he specifies.

Also, I'm not sure whether previous games had "Regional" Pokedexes, but I found it odd that the X/Y Pokedex is divided into Coastal, Mountain, and Central, and then a National. I see this as a huge implementation.

Third, the Cafes around Kalos, in which you pay to do absolutely nothing. They in fact DO have a purpose.
    You pay to talk to people in the cafe', and when you talk to them, they show you their Poke'mon, which gives you a Pokedex entry. Today, I received an Entry for Entei. (Yaaaaayyy =3)

Yeah I wasn't sure. The berries thing might not even be a big deal though. They could simply be saying they aren't available in this game but giving it a little flavour by saying it the other way.

I haven't seen the strategy guide, but I don't think a strategy guide would put much emphasis on flavour. I think if a guide says something along those lines, they are intended to be factual.

Last edited:

大輔

Adventurer
    Years

When you talk to Professor Sycamore about how many Poke'mon you've caught, he says something along the lines of

As of right now, both those numbers are the same. I think this is pretty solid. Otherwise he would just say "You've caught such and such Poke'mon" The end. But no, he specifies.

Also, I'm not sure whether previous games had "Regional" Pokedexes, but I found it odd that the X/Y Pokedex is divided into Coastal, Mountain, and Central, and then a National. I see this as a huge implementation.

These are a lot of really good points. The fact that they divided the region up made it interestingly important enough to imploy there might be more out there. Also I never caught that Sycamore said that so that's really hinting more might be coming rather quickly...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Other than the lack of gym badges, and the fact that there are no new Pokemon, Collosseum and XD both feel a lot like a main series game to me. I am a huge fan of both games, it was nice to have a less happy, Dystopian Pokemon region, and the player character having a darker edge was really nice.

And the fact that the Game Cube games had a daycare, and you could trade back and forth with the main series games really helped to make the games feel main series. Unlike the other spin off games, which have little to no connectivety to the main series.

It is foreseeable that a "new region" (remember the Game Cube games were in the Orre Region) could be a Wii or Wii U game. It could be unlikely. But it is possible.

Gamefreak doesn't recognize the Gamecube games as main games, had nothing to really do with their production and do not count anything that happened within those games as canon to their universe. According to Gamefreak Orre doesn't exist (Pokemon traded from those two are Hoenn Pokemon or Faraway)

As for connectivity, all of the Ranger games CAN connect with the 4th Gen titles. You cannot trade between, but you can send Pokemon from the Ranger games to your main series games.

Stadium and Stadium 2, the forefathers of Colosseum series, could interact with the main games, trade with the main games, give you Pokemon into the Main Games, deposit the Pokemon and trade pokemon through it between the games. They interacted with the main games MORE than the Gamecube games did. PBR also has about as much connectivity as the Gamecube games did and so does Pokemon Ranch where you can trade Pokemon to the Mii in charge of it for Rare Pokemon. Spin offs have been able to connect with the Main series games.

Gamefreak themselves have stated that they will not make any main title game for the home consoles because the games are made specifically for the travel consoles. They are meant to be played as you move about easy access while you travel. They don't like the idea of making a home console main game and will continue to make the main series specifically for the handheld consoles.

I love the idea of new regions in X and Y. I mean, it's not unheard of to update games. I mean, they already dealt with the Lumiose City save glitch.

Third, the Cafes around Kalos, in which you pay to do absolutely nothing. They in fact DO have a purpose.
    You pay to talk to people in the cafe', and when you talk to them, they show you their Poke'mon, which gives you a Pokedex entry. Today, I received an Entry for Entei. (Yaaaaayyy =3)

I haven't seen the strategy guide, but I don't think a strategy guide would put much emphasis on flavour. I think if a guide says something along those lines, they are intended to be factual.

These are a lot of really good points. The fact that they divided the region up made it interestingly important enough to imploy there might be more out there. Also I never caught that Sycamore said that so that's really hinting more might be coming rather quickly...

Sycamore says that because he'll be able to tell you how many Pokemon you have caught in your Pokedex are from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos when the Pokemon Bank opens. When you transfer the Pokemon into the bank and withdraw them into your game, their original catch location data transfers with them. They had snippits about being from Johto or Kanto in their Pokemon bios when you looked up their basic information in your Pokemon's status screen.

So if I were to transfer my 5th Gen Pokemon, he'd tell me: I have caught XXX amount of Pokemon. XXX are from Kanto (I have a lot), XXX are from Johto, XXX are from Sinnoh, XXX are from Unova, and XXX are from Kalos. (I have yet to transfer from a Hoenn game and have almost a complete Hoenn pokedex yay~)

That's why he says it the way he says it.

I don't believe we'll get any new Region, unless its a replacement for Pokemon Z/X2/Y2 and gives us the Pokemon that were unavailable in X/Y in those copies and make some from X/Y unavailable in the new one.

Highly unlikely, but better chance than DLC which was stated to be non-existant for X and Y by Gamefreak already.

About the guides....No...a LOT of what's in guides are there just for fun. I had a LOT of useless information from a Prima Vista Strategy Guide for Chrono Cross before. They throw those in there the same reason a magazine writer uses their personal opinions in their excerpts on video games. One of them for X and Y was really unprofessional even though it had a lot of good things to say about X and Y. Guides are written by groups that aren't affiliated with the main company. The company only has to go through the guides to make sure that the main information is correct. The people who write them do so the same way we would write a guide. They play through it many times and catch as much detail in the game as they can. They don't get any privileged information from the main company so even with a comment about transferring berries from another region is in the guide, its quite possible that that was an opinionated oversight by the writer. They probably thought that you could transfer the berries over when the Bank opens.

Last edited:

Recruit173

Kung Fu Random!
    Years
    Gamefreak doesn't recognize the Gamecube games as main games, had nothing to really do with their production and do not count anything that happened within those games as canon to their universe. According to Gamefreak Orre doesn't exist (Pokemon traded from those two are Hoenn Pokemon or Faraway)

That doesn't mean there can't be an Orre remake or sequel, especially with how old Gamecube games are being remade for the Nintendo 3DS. It would actually make more sense if they acknowledged them on the Nintendo 3DS than the Wii U, as to make up for the absent Hoenn remakes. Or maybe they could have Orre as a bonus region in Pokémon Z version (or whatever sequel scheme they have this time).

Not that I disagree with any decision to not return Orre, but with the 3DS capabilities, the new fairy type, the theme of friendship (and life and death), etc. it only makes sense to at least acknowledge the Gamecube games. It's never good to absolutely rule anything out when it comes to Pokémon, as Gamefreak has done some unheard-of ideas before.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
    About the guides....No...a LOT of what's in guides are there just for fun. I had a LOT of useless information from a Prima Vista Strategy Guide for Chrono Cross before. They throw those in there the same reason a magazine writer uses their personal opinions in their excerpts on video games. One of them for X and Y was really unprofessional even though it had a lot of good things to say about X and Y. Guides are written by groups that aren't affiliated with the main company. The company only has to go through the guides to make sure that the main information is correct. The people who write them do so the same way we would write a guide. They play through it many times and catch as much detail in the game as they can. They don't get any privileged information from the main company so even with a comment about transferring berries from another region is in the guide, its quite possible that that was an opinionated oversight by the writer. They probably thought that you could transfer the berries over when the Bank opens.

If they were talking about previous regions, then why did the guide say that the berries exist in NEW regions, not the ones we already know about. Yes, I have seen a lot of miscellaneous information in game guides, but all of these things keep getting found from random sources, hints of other regions existing nearby, it's too much of a coincidence.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    You could trade berries from a Wii U pokemon game, you can already transfert information between the 3DS and Wii U. This seems to be the more plausible way to get the other berries. Other one would be a game from gen 6 like Hoenn remake that can trae with X/Y without using Pokemon Bank.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That doesn't mean there can't be an Orre remake or sequel, especially with how old Gamecube games are being remade for the Nintendo 3DS. It would actually make more sense if they acknowledged them on the Nintendo 3DS than the Wii U, as to make up for the absent Hoenn remakes. Or maybe they could have Orre as a bonus region in Pokémon Z version (or whatever sequel scheme they have this time).

Not that I disagree with any decision to not return Orre, but with the 3DS capabilities, the new fairy type, the theme of friendship (and life and death), etc. it only makes sense to at least acknowledge the Gamecube games. It's never good to absolutely rule anything out when it comes to Pokémon, as Gamefreak has done some unheard-of ideas before.
    As far as I remember, Genious Sonority still has all rights over Orre and the only company making Pokemon Spin offs now is Creatures Inc. They can't remake the game so long as it belongs to a different company and so far the original owner has no interest in reproducing the games on WiiU at least they've made no visual attempt to show that they have opened a contract to make another game as of yet.

There is also no telling if they'd even change anything or allow connectivity with curent games.

If they were talking about previous regions, then why did the guide say that the berries exist in NEW regions, not the ones we already know about. Yes, I have seen a lot of miscellaneous information in game guides, but all of these things keep getting found from random sources, hints of other regions existing nearby, it's too much of a coincidence.

Again that supposed hint is most likely the writer's opinion. The writer doesn't even know if the berries will be available in a new region. We may never see those berries again. So the portion was written in error as of now since there is no guarantee that we can reverse send berries to older games and there is no definate chance of remake or another region. (We have no idea what we're getting next.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I was under the impression that it just mentioned "other" regions, NOT "new regions".
    We don't know what other could mean...could be Hoenn, or maybe the third version/sequels will include another region, maybe an old one, or a new one.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I was under the impression that it just mentioned "other" regions, NOT "new regions".
    We don't know what other could mean...could be Hoenn, or maybe the third version/sequels will include another region, maybe an old one, or a new one.

At the same time...we still have the Pokemileage shop and attractions which could be hosted in other regions.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
    It mentions 14 different berries that needs to be traded from other regions because they are unobtainable in the Kalos region.

I'm almost certain one of those regions will be Hoenn in the Ruby/Sapphire remakes that I'm sure will appear.

Too bad there's only 1 Nintendo 3DS in the whole house, in the possession of myself. So I won't be able to trade unless my brothers obtain one, or the 2D counterpart of the console.

Back