• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] New Region?

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
  • Okay. For those who regularly watch the Pokémon anime Dub, you might have noticed that Diantha and Sycamore talked about a place called the Lapidarian Highlands. Sycamore responds saying "The Lapidarian Highlands? That's one of the only unexplored REGIONS in the world!" Think I'm lying? This is a link to the Bulbapedia Article. https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lapidarian_Highlands

Remember that rumour about Pokémon Plus and Minus? That absurd rumour about the seventh generation taking place in an exotic country in Asia? This may be the region from that game! Think about it. It's unexplored, we don't see any Pokémon besides Diantha's Gardevoir and would be an excellent promotion for a game. What do you guys think? Drop a comment down below and tell us YOUR opinion. (And guys, please stay on-topic and don't fight please!)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Hey Sceptile, I just had to edit a part of your post since sharing links to episodes of the anime is actually against the rules. For anyone that's curious which episode it came from, it was XY028 - The Bonds of Evolution!

Personally, I don't think that the Lapidarian Highlands are going to be the next Pokemon region, and wouldn't be surprised if it ends up just being another anime exclusive location like the Orange Islands. Plus, I don't think they'd just casually bring up a new region in an episode of the anime- though I could see them saving something like that for a movie.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • I have only watched up to about half of Johto saga. But, I can see, as Brendino mentioned, them being similar to the Orange Islands.

GhastlyGastly

Crazy Pokémon Lady
    Years
  • While I don't think that the Lapidarian Highlands would be the setting of a new Pokémon game, I do feel the need to point out the Lapidarian Highlands are a real world location: their Japanese name is Guipna Highlands, which refers to the upper part of the real world Guiana Shield, in northeastern South America. Not Asia. The connection you tried to make to the Plus and Minus rumor was interesting, but if I recall, those were claimed to be set in a region based on Southeast Asia, not Northeast South America.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd be thrilled beyond belief if we got a new region soon, wherever it's set; I just don't think the evidence is very strong.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Another thing to add to that is that Game Freak, the guys who make the games, are the ones who decide on new regions. The anime is made by a different group of people and pretty much base their work on the games, rather than the other way around (the last notable case of the latter happening is Yellow - not FRLG, because instead of Orange Islands for example we got the Sevii Islands).

So I don't feel an off-the-cuff quote in an episode is representative of what to expect in the future with the games.

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    I don't expect Generation 7 for atleast another 3-5 years, as during this time Gamefreak will be releasing The Gen 3 Remakes, and if they wanted to do with Generation 6 like they did with 5 we could possibly have X2 and Y2, though it's unlikely. You also have to consider this was the anime that mentioned it, the show that Gamefreak has only once based a game off of which would be Pokemon Yellow.

Back