• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New RMT

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
  • Clefable@Life Orb
    Brave~252 HP/152 Attack/106 Defense
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Double Edge
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

This is meant to be a surprise. They see a Clefable use Calm Mind and switch to a Blissey or Snorlax and they get hit with a Life Orb-Double Edge. I don't exactly know how much it would do because I haven't used it yet but with the power up from the Life Orb, STAB, +Attack Nature, and 152 Attack evs, it should do at least half. Thanks to Magic Guard it gets no recoil damage from the item or the move so it all works out.

Dorapion@Leftovers
    Impish~252 HP/100 Defense/158 Sp. Def
    Ability: Battle Armor
    Toxic Spikes
    Ice Fang
    Whirlwind
    Knock Off

This can counter Salmence with Ice Fang I guess. Whirlwind is to get rid of anything trying to set up. Knock off is for walls that get leftovers and Toxic Spikes along with Gengar can mess up anyones day.

Hippowdon@Leftovers
    Impish~252 Defense/252 HP/6 Attack
    Slack Off
    Ice Fang
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

Standard Hippowdon.

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Adamant~212 HP/16 Attack/180 Defense/100 Speed
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Earthquake
    Taunt

Thanks to Dark Azelf for this moveset.

Salamence@Life Orb
    Modest~252 Special Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Hydro Pump

Standard SpecsMence without the Specs. I like being able to change what move I'm using, even at the cost of HP.

Snorlax@Chesto Berry
    Careful~76 HP/44 Attack/136 Defense/252 Sp. Def
    Rest
    Curse
    Fire Punch
    Body Slam

My Snorlax WITH a Chesto Berry.

This is my new team that I have decided on, post whatever you want. Just don't tell me to change the Chesto Berry to Leftovers.

Ooka

Years
  • Because it has Calm Mind, so I just start with a Calm Mind boost, then I'll more than likely see a Blissey and Double Edge it.

Ooka

Years
  • Clefable beats both unless Bronzong explodes.

Oh, and Snorlx and Dorapion both beat it. Even with no HP or Special Defense evs my previous Dorapion could survive a Surf.

Ooka

Years
  • Yeah, that would kill it as well. And it would take quite a few Calm Minds before Clefable would even come close to 2HKOing it. But you have to admit, Clefable's abitlity is probably the most useful one ever. No spikes damage, Toxic does nothing, Same for the weather effects. It's pretty awesome.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Despite her amazing ability, I still think your overestimating her abilities. As soon as I see Clefable, I'll EQ it. I don't believe she can take many, if any, physical hits. Plus, even with STAB, her physical offense is "meh" at best. I think its amazing, but don't ridetoo much on Clefable.

Ooka

Years
  • Well, I know for a fact that it can take hits, because before I choose a pokemon, I watch countless battles where people use them on Youtube, just so I know I'm getting the right pokemon. It can definatly take some hits.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Um, that clefable is going to fall to any decent CBer, no matter how much defense you pump into it. Maybe just eliminate that kind of stiff first and send it out as a late-game surprise. Very fun indeed. But yipes, Vire weak, and the evil heracross is the same :( But better than most teams posted...

Ooka

Years
  • Well, I want to say that in all of my Competitive battling I've only battled 1 or 2 Heracross' so I'm really no that worried. Same goes for Electivire. Plus, the video proves that they can take Earthquakes pretty well.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • IT can't take close combat or cross chop very well :/ And I'm quite surprised you haven't seen many Vires or Crosses. Best physical sweepers in the freakin' metagame...

Ooka

Years
  • Well, it's because I mainly see Salamences, Garchomps, Metagross, Gyarados, and Infernape. Of course if I saw infernape I would send in Gyarados.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i think you're forgetting the fact that your cleffa has life orb ._.

although it takes no damage from sandstorm/hail/poison/burn, etc, it won't survive as long as the one in the video without something to reassure its longevity after your opponent figures out it's a kooky set.

if you're gonna give salamence life orb, just make it mixed. all you gotta do is change the nature (perhaps hasty/naive) and drop dragon pulse... no need for atk evs. even with options, having his sp atk reduced through draco meteor is difficult to deal with when you have an item that increases the power of moves rather stats.

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • Clefable@Life Orb
    Brave~252 HP/152 Attack/106 Defense
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Double Edge
    Calm Mind
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam

This is meant to be a surprise. They see a Clefable use Calm Mind and switch to a Blissey or Snorlax and they get hit with a Life Orb-Double Edge. I don't exactly know how much it would do because I haven't used it yet but with the power up from the Life Orb, STAB, +Attack Nature, and 152 Attack evs, it should do at least half. Thanks to Magic Guard it gets no recoil damage from the item or the move so it all works out.
    An interesting concept. But Bronzong pisses this thing off.

Dorapion@Leftovers
    Impish~252 HP/100 Defense/158 Sp. Def
    Ability: Battle Armor
    Toxic Spikes
    Ice Fang
    Whirlwind
    Knock Off

This can counter Salmence with Ice Fang I guess. Whirlwind is to get rid of anything trying to set up. Knock off is for walls that get leftovers and Toxic Spikes along with Gengar can mess up anyones day.
    Eh, okay

Hippowdon@Leftovers
    Impish~252 Defense/252 HP/6 Attack
    Slack Off
    Ice Fang
    Stealth Rock
    Earthquake

Standard Hippowdon.
    Okay.

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Adamant~212 HP/16 Attack/180 Defense/100 Speed
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Earthquake
    Taunt

Thanks to Dark Azelf for this moveset.
    Okay.

Salamence@Life Orb
    Modest~252 Special Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Hydro Pump

Standard SpecsMence without the Specs. I like being able to change what move I'm using, even at the cost of HP.
    ...and the cost of Sp. Attack Power, not to mention.
    I'm not going to say Timid Nature because I know you don't want the Speed.

Snorlax@Chesto Berry
    Careful~76 HP/44 Attack/136 Defense/252 Sp. Def
    Rest
    Curse
    Fire Punch
    Body Slam

My Snorlax WITH a Chesto Berry.
    ...screw it

This is my new team that I have decided on, post whatever you want. Just don't tell me to change the Chesto Berry to Leftovers.
    I don't see anything that can completly rape this team, but if you want Electivire to stay away, keep Hippowdon alive. All I'll tell you.

Glisctillery

Something purple and has wings
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2010
    you know... you already have like 3 pokemon on your team with ice fang, give hippowdon stone edge?

Back