• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Saffron and Viridian Gym Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Gym name: Saffron Gym
    Gym type: Psychic
    Gym number: 6
    Gym design: The Gym is designed exactly how it was back in FR/LG

Gym trainers:

Trainer 1

Channeler Jessica

Opening speech: You can't defeat me!

Team:

Level 40
    — Role Play
    — Psycho Cut
    — Recover
    — Reflect

Level 41
    — Dream Eater
    — Shadow Ball
    — Payback
    — Shadow Punch

Closing speech: Fate tricked me!

Trainer 2

Psychic Lindsay

Opening speech: I won't allow you to get any closer to my Leader.

Team:

Level 42
    — Extrasensory
    — Zen Headbutt
    — Sky Attack
    — Steel Wing

Level 42
    — Psychic
    — Future Sight
    — Reflect
    — Light Screen

Closing speech: I failed you, Rachel.

Gym Leader: Rachel

Opening speech: Psychic Pokémon and even half attributed Psychic creatures can learn a range of elemental attacks. Observe... Alakazam, prepare a sizzling Thunderpunch with one hand!

Enough of that, though. I see you defeated Jessica and Lindsay, so I trust you want to fight me now? Yes? Well then, prepare yourself! I have trained extensively with these Pokémon; I won't be as easy as my junior trainers to defeat!

Team:

Level 43
    — Thunderpunch
    — Psychic
    — Calm Mind
    — Toxic

Level 44
    — Magnet Rise
    — Iron Defence
    — Agility
    — Psychic

Level 45
    — Mirror Coat
    — Thunder Wave
    — Thunderbolt
    — Grass Knot

Level 46
    — Healing Wish
    — Future Sight
    — Return
    — Sleep Talk

Level 47
    — Psychic
    — Focus Punch
    — Brick Break
    — Charge Beam

Level 48
    — X-Scissor
    — Rock Slide
    — Drain Punch
    — Psycho Cut

Closing speech: If you think I'm tough, wait until you get to Viridian City.

Final words: You walk the path of light. Keep up the training! The Marsh Badge is yours, you rightfully earned it.

TM: TM29 — Psychic

Badge: Marsh Badge

(Note: The new Viridian Leader will be posted once I get people actually looking and commenting on this thread)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I don't really get the point of this thread. Besides the fact that the 6th gym leader wouldn't have 6 Pokemon, the attacks you chose really don't meet the potential of Psychic-types at all. In the newer games, the leaders are a lot harder than they were in R/B/Y, and even R/S/E, but it seems this is still being a bit too kind to the player. Scripting is so-so. Furthermore, if the gym is designed like FR/LG, then you need to up the amount of junior trainers.

Years
    For starters, my fic is not based on FR/LG. It's a post-D/P/Pt & HG/SS fic. And as the author, I should be allowed to choose which Pokemon I want with which attacks I want.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    I'll have to side with Gymnotide on a couple of issues:

1,for the sixth gym, there are an awful low number of gym trainers. And if the gym is modelled after the FRLG Saffron Gym, I'd expect at least 7 junior trainers.

2. Your gym roster is a bit extensive for a gym leader. True, Leaders have more Pokemon than they use in a match, but when one shows a gym leader's lineup, they usually stick to what the leader will normally use in a battle.

3. and yes, i feel the Psychic type is woefully under-represented by the gym. Gym leaders aren't competitive battlers. They're in-game and mostly focus on their type to ensure the victory more than the support moves they use to counter any weaknesses. eg: Roark focuses on Rollout, Rock throw and Stealth Rock (Head Smash in the anime) and they're all Rock type moves.

That's my two cents.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    My main qualms were that too many physical moves were used with Pokemon that have much higher SpA.

For starters, my fic is not based on FR/LG. It's a post-D/P/Pt & HG/SS fic. And as the author, I should be allowed to choose which Pokemon I want with which attacks I want.

You never specified this was for a fic at all. In which case, there really isn't any point posting it here. There's not really much to discuss.

Years
    I agree with the others Im afraid.
    There does need to be more junior trainers.
    Id also be more inclined to cut Gallade altogether (Im not a fan) and Grumpig to bring the number down to 4. Which is, as far as my memory goes, the number of pokemon Sabrina uses the gym battle.
    Id also replace Girafarig with Espeon.
    The movesets are poor for those psychic types you stated, and Alakazam is by far the strongest of the lot and should be used as the last pokemon, not the first.

Just my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back