• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[New] Soaring in with Ho-oh

Sérene1

(Now Hibicakes)
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2013
    Hello PC! Nérine landing in and, despite being a veteran to Pokémon; this will actually be the first Pokémon community I'll be setting foot in! I'm really excited and hope to make new friends, memories, socialize and take in new ideas to cherish; whether they be Pokémon-related or not.

Hmm, a bit about myself.. Well when it comes to the (main) Pokémon games, I'm primarily a breeder for generations IV and V, but have only gone as far as egg-move, nature and dream world ability passing. I have an interest in learning how to breed for IVs, but think I will wait for the changes coming with X and Y before getting into them.

Secondly, I like to battle. You may often find me using standard and mono-type teams, but I do play OU, UU and LC tiers on the side. I'm gradually learning the other tiers and hope to tinker my teams for the better with the more experience I gain. I also like to read up on teams with unique gimmicks and would love to participate in a tournament someday.

I've enjoyed almost every spin-off from Pokémon Snap to Gates to Infinity. I somewhat fell from the anime after the Hoenn region, but I do keep up with the movies. Ho-oh and Espeon are like partners to me both in-game and imagination and my favorite type is constantly changing.

Outside of Pokémon, I appreciate artwork, music, dance, role-play, anime, culinary, reading, holidays and trying new things. However, when it comes to those interests I think it'd be better to detail them once people get to know me or you can ask. I'm always willing to talk and don't bite.

Anywho, hello again! And I'm sorry I can be a chatterbox and use and and I a lot! Lastly, is there a way to change/transfer usernames? I guess I joined a long time ago with my usual name Nérine, but didn't do anything on it. If I can prove it's me, would switching be possible? Thanks. (:

Years
    Hello Sérene! Welcome to PokeCommunity!

What an interesting introduction! You're an all-around person who loves to have fun! Egg breeding, huh? I used to do that for Gen III and IV back then, but I got frustrated. :( Maybe you could could give me a few pointers one day. There's a place called Battle Center for all your battles requests and such; its located in the Current Generation Pokemon Gaming section. Seeing how you also like Spin-offs, you should check out the Spin-off Games thread under the Previous Pokemon Gaming Discussions. And if you like chatting about your favorite generation, above Spin-offs you can have the previous generations from one to four.

Oh my, so many things that you love to do. Well, no worries! There's also places for you to check out on those things! :) Check out the Pokemon anime thread below Alternative Pokemon Discussions, for all the talk about the Pokemon anime, movies and other related stuff. There's one section that has a lot of the stuff you like, and that is the Creative Discussions section. There you may find: the Roleplay Corner, Fan-fiction and Writing, and the Art & Design threads.

If you have any questions, make sure to ask the moderators that are in charge of the section that you're looking at. The Welcome Lounge's moderator is Cirno; she's nice and can help you out if you need it. Also, if you have a question of where to post the topic you want. There's a thread above the welcome lounge called Community Questions & Feedback, where you can post your question. Hm... I don't think its possible to change usernames, as far as my knowledge goes, you have to create a new account.

Anyway I hope to see you around! Remember to always have fun!

[New] Soaring in with Ho-oh

Sérene1

(Now Hibicakes)
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks Negix! I'm sure I can help you with anything involving the egg moves, or at least make it easier. You can ask anything anytime! I've been poking around and appreciate the directory. I think I skipped over the Spin-Offs section but see it now! :D I'm hoping to find information about Pokémon Conquest as I haven't played it yet.

I'm also curious and going to poke around that creative discussion, and I'll keep an eye out for any of the moderators too. Thanks a ton, and after reading the forum rules (late) I see you're right that I would need to make a new account or, in my case, figure out what my old p/w was to that nickname. I'm really hoping it doesn't count against the multi-account rule that I made this one, and I think I will just keep this one anyway.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Well, you can always switch back to your old name without penalty. If you do, be sure to notify either on this thread or in the Leave/Absence/Switch Account thread just to avoid any confusion! Since admins cannot change names at this time, switching accounts is the best thing to do.

Looks like we're on the same page when we're learning the competitive tiers! I have an OU rain team, OU Grass Monotype (lost it after a backup), and an UU team. I'm still learning Ubers, RU and NU as those are the tiers that I'm having so much trouble with. I do need to start an LC team, and I already know which to include: ZIGZAGOON WITH BELLY DRUM AND EXTREMESPEED. It is legit the most powerful moveset, but I guess Belly Drum makes it so powerful lmao. 4x attack...dayum.

We should battle with our teams sometime! Join us at the PC Battle Server, where you will find me and some other PC users there most of the time. We're a crazy bunch, but you will get used to it if you stick around <3

Hooray for culinary interests! I have a ton of culinary roots which allowed me to have cooking as a primary hobby for me. Just recently I made a ton of desserts and snacks for my niece's 6th birthday party. They were all a success!

Well anyways, welcome aboard! As you can see I can be a chatterbox as well haha! I know you will have a splendid time. PC is such a friendly forum and you will love it here. Don't hesitate to ask any questions if you have any, and I guess I shall see you around then? :3

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
    Hey there Sérene! Welcome to pc! Im pretty sure youll find new friends etc here, judging from your very talkative introduction. Being another person who loves to talk (too much) I think youll fit here well. Just talk all you want and Im sure people will notice you! (if they havent already that is.) Haha! :D

Youre interested in breeding huh? Thats something I newer got the hang of... Or it couldve been the fact I was too lazy to do that sort of thing. Haha! :D But since there are a lot of breeders here Im sure youll find them easier to aproach. :D

And I see you have a wide variety of hobbies/interests. There are discussions about almost all of those around here somewhere. :D Im sure youll find them easily.

Umm...anything else...oh yeah! Have a blast here! :D Enjoy your time etc. See ya around! :D

Sérene1

(Now Hibicakes)
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks Meganium and Krieg! I'm glad there's a switching option. I'm guessing a penalty is only if you're posting or acting on both accounts at once without notice, but I'll simply continue with this one and adapt to this nickname. XD

@Meganium Oh sweet! It's always neat to see other mono-type teams. I have a randomly put-together favorites team for standard ou, a drought and hail that I'm testing and may RMT when I get the chance. Rain always looks the most fun, but I'm always un-sure who to pick outside of Politoed! OGAWD NOT THE BELLY DRUM! D8 I used to hate that pesky goon. XD I'm also sure I will get into the battle scene and definitely hope to see you around too. And sweet! Pasta and desserts are <3!

@Krieg I'm really glad I'm not the only one who's chatty with long posts I've noticed. I'm still trying to keep things short, but can't help it enough! I'm planning to get into discussions to get all these words out of my system and hopefully fit with others. *Gasp* You should breed! You miss out on the wonderful joys of hatching baby Pokémon and that epic hatch music. D: /sameasevolutionmusic?

Hehe, thanks again everyone and I feel like I'm going to check every section really. It's nice to see so many people who like similar things and different ideas. Hope to see you all around too!

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2013
    Welcome too PC!
    I'm new as well...
    I hear you like Anime, correct? -Checks-
    Which Anime do you like?
    I recently got back into Death Note.

Sérene1

(Now Hibicakes)
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks Cobber, and a belated welcome to you too!

I do love anime; the last two series I finished being Hataraku Maou-sama and Kamisama Hajimemashta, and I'm actively watching Kaze no Stigma, Karneval and may begin Attack on Titan tonight. I completed Death Note and have to say it is one of the nicest mysteries. =D

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2013
    Yeah? I haven't complete DN due to college, but since I'm done with college I figured to get back into it!

Sérene1

(Now Hibicakes)
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2013
    Yep! I don't think I've heard from anyone who has disliked it. I'm sure there are people who do, but I've never heard any. So I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it to the end, and I'd like to hear your opinion once you do. =)

Years
    Welcome to the forum Sérene! You certainly have a wonderful set of interests. :O I adore art myself especially, but haven't been able to draw much nowadays since I don't feel comfortable using such a small tablet anymore and.. yeah. ;v; Hopefully I'll be able to get a bigger one soon.

The battling board is always around to dive into if you're an avid battler, and we do have a lot of people participating in the Pokemon Showdown server. It's great for both chatting and battling. Little Cup and random battles are my favorite tiers to try out, especially randbatts since I love the thrill of not knowing which Pokemon you'll get. Always so much excitement! Outside that there are many, many sections to try out including a place for anime, music, media, and all that jazz. Be sure to involve yourself in all of them!

DN was a lovely series as well. It was one of my very first anime addictions and I cried when the manga ended. Might rewatch again to get those feelings back, hnn. Hope you have a lovely stay on PC! n_n

Years
    (Switched accounts!) Aww, I hope so too! I personally love to sketch, but I'm not too great at it. I like seeing others' work and dropping a comment here and there about how beautiful, fitting, or any adjective I find a match to the piece. Like your avatar! Those two look adorable and I like the color style.

I peaked at the Battle section and felt nervous for a strange reason, but know I will bust in and get involved! The random battles are fun, I've only tried it a few times when I could get on Pokémon Showdown. XD

I agree with DN. It'd be worth the double-take and hope to see you around too! Everyone has been really nice here.

Back