• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Sonic, well Shadow game

Wario Man

Fear me, losers!
    Years
    Here's some other opinions, and I quote:

Originally posted by Gamefaqs users:

I mean. I'd prefer a pistol to a machine gun, but guys. As long as the game is still good, who CARES. It is NOT Sonic the Hedgehog,so why should you expect it to be just LIKE Sonic the Hedgehog?

Sort of like Kingdom Hearts. Yeah, in a sense it's a Final Fantasy game (FF Disney hybrid, I know) but it was an entiely different genre of gaming. This game looks darker then Sonic. It will probably be teen. At the same time, it will probably have a much deeper storyline then most Sonic games, due to the fact that you can decide whether Shadow becomes good or evil which is what the trailer suggests.

THE POINT IS

Drop all your expectations. Don't expect this to be the next Sonic game, and DON'T expect it to be a kids game, and CERTAINLY don't get angry cause there's a gun. It's not a big deal. Really.

I whole-heartedly agree

I think the reason why most fans are upset about the game (myself included) is that their trying to make the game violent for sales and attention. A lot of people don't want to see a series that has been around for so long have to turn to violence for a way to get attention plus its bad enough that all of the 3D Sonic games haven't been that good. The gun might not be a big deal to you but it is to me. What's next Rogue being a prostitute? Sonic smoking while using profanity? I just find it sad that Sega is actually saying that this is one of the key "features" of the game. Sonic was the first videogame I can remember playing but if Sega starts changing the Sonic games like this I hope its not the first game my kid plays. This is a sign that videogames might just be promoting violence.

Now thats going a bit far. Just because Sega decides to give shadow a 9mm pistol-like gun doesn't mean it's gonna lead to to other things. It's going to be like Sonic Heroes. they released Heroes to see how the teamwork system would work out among the crowd. Same with the gun.

I must admit I was a little shock when I found out that Shadow would be packing heat in the next game.I have been playing Sonic games since the genises days (good times,good times) and i have seen the formula change from 2D to 3D (very well down if I say so).And Sega has tried to change the formula in Sonic Heros (and that was...yeah).

The addition of a gun is a way to keep the formula fresh and different.Plus this is not the first time a hero has gotten a gun (Jak 2).And Sega ,in my opinion, is really trying to diversify by giving you a real gun not some kind of laser gun (again Jack 2).Also I'm sure they will still have all the other thing in the game you love (the homing attack,grind,the fast pace).They just trying to give you a new experience with this game.And this doesn't mean that all Sonic games from now on will have guns.This is Shadow's journay,Shadow's game.He doesn't have to be good like Sonic,It's his way.

w00t

I think we should just wait for the game to come out, and then we can say it sucks as much as we want eg Sonic Heroes. I mean we can't form an entire opinion of the game from two minutes of video.

Yup. We must wait, then we judge. Can't tell a book by it's cover, as I always say.

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
    W00t, nice thingy on the GameFAQ users... like it, Sparkchu. Lets face it guys, Shadow isin't Sonic... we hear things that Shadow is just like Sonic yada yada yada.... but Shadow IS diffrent... and he is a deeper character and a lot darker, a gun dosen't bother me if he is carring it. If I saw Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Cream bust through Station Square shooting up robots and trying to gun Eggman down then yeah that be weird, but in all honesty when Shadow holds the gun... it really just dosen't seem like much. We shouldn't be complaining so much on the issue of a gun in Sonic...

Besides do we honestly think Shadow is going to kill off a bunch of people in a gory death... no... he might not even kill anything! The gun just might be a method of damaging the bad guys, hey its a game... they can make it so no one dies, and I'm sure nothing graphic and bloody will be in the game just because there is a gun.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    Sparkchu said:
    Here's what I dont get...
    Why is everyone hyping about the gun?
    Go to any forum talking about this game.
    I mean, At the mere mention of shadow having a gun, people are like, "OMG LIEK HE HAS A GUN!LOLZ!2 VIOLINT!"
    Why do you care if he has a gun? Almost every other game has guns in it. So whats wrong with this game having one?
    Basically because Shadow is an angsty clone of Sonic with the same basic type of fighting style. He has absolutely NO NEED for a **** gun. He has speed, he can warp with Chaos Emeralds, he can use his body as a weapon. What purpose would a gun serve? Not to mention one with bullets, something that NONE of the Sonic characters have ever used. When someone used a sort of gun, they fired beams of energy and lasers.

Sparkchu said:
    And dont even tell me "Well thats not like sonic at all."
    Shadow ain't Sonic.
    Shadow is a dark character, he lives in a world where he doesn't know who or what he is, and everything ticks him off. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a gun for some answers.
    Newsflash, Shadow is EXACTLY like Sonic. They both move alike and use the same kind of attacks. The only differences is one is much older, is black, and has an angsty personality. Shadow's not the kind of person that would rely on a lousy weapon to get what he wants. o_O He's obviously the type that proves what he's worth with his own power.

Sparkchu said:
    Nobody cared when Eggman pulled a gun on Amy in SA2B, why does everyone care if shadow uses one?
    Cause we all know Eggman uses LASER GUNS and has no other way of fighting rather than using machines and weapons he builds. Shadow has absolutely no use for a gun.

Sparkchu said:
    Tails and eggman both used guns in their walkers, and nobody cared. Why do they cause an uproar about shadow using one?
    Shadow is darker, eviler, and crazier than Tails, and he's not allowed to use a gun.
    People complained HEAVILY about Tails being stuck in that lousy walker. Nobody liked having to go through levels so slowly as Tails. Not to mention, both Tails and Eggman used MACHINES to fire. Shadow does not use a machine, nor does he have any need for a weapon when he has his own skills.

Sparkchu said:
    Makes a lot of sense </SARCASTIC>
    Yes, because we all know Shadow's totally not Sonic. Sonic sure can't run faster than his team mates and faster than most things. Sonic sure can't use his body as a projectile by using the Homing Attack. Sonic definately doesn't know the Spin Dash either. Yeah. It makes complete sense that a character who isn't similar to the main star to use a weapon. </sarcasm>

Sparkchu said:
    Just because he uses a gun doesn't mean there's blood in it.
    That isn't the point. The point is that there's absolutely no need for a gun for a franchise of a character similar to the main one who has used his own body as a weapon.

Sparkchu said:
    Again, look at Tails' and eggman's walkers. they shot stuff up, but the most the stuff ever did was explode. No blood. No guts. No nothing.
    Yeah, cause we all know ROBOTS DON'T BLEED.

Sparkchu said:
    Also take this into consideration. It could be one of his clones from Heroes. Who knows what they are capable of.
    So, the big Question is...why the fuss over the gun?
    Because it's a basic change in platform and Sonic Team's recent choices in things regarding the Sonic franchise have been rather..disappointing. It's all gone down hill since Sonic Shuffle. Regardless of it being another Shadow clone, it's still basically a form of Shadow. Which contradicts the kind of character he is. Especially when he considered himself as the "Ultimate Life Form."

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Shadow's only shooting robots anyway, it's not like he's shooting the little animals or something @.@
    Tails and eggman used laser-guided guns anyway, so it's the same thing ^^;

Nekomajo said:
    Don't love him TOO much.
    HE'S MINE.
    You can have the hedgehog version if i can have the human version X3

Last edited:

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
    Its to try something new, Sonic Team has been after this trying new thing for awhile now, hence Sonic Heroes... not to mention Sonic Battle was diffrent from their traditional games we must admit.

Shadow needs no gun we all know that, but did Sonic need Tails and Knuckles to fight Metal Overlord, maybe because the game revolved around team work it seemed like it but I'm pretty **** sure Super Sonic could of beaten Metal Overlord by himself (hell even in the actual boss fight I went threw it without using the other two). Shdaow still fights like he does in the old ones, maybe they will make obsticals in this game for the gun, like they made obsitcals in Sonic Heroes for Tails and Knuckles.

And yes Shadow is exacally like Sonic, that was why he was created by Sonic team... to be simular to Sonic but dark, it was the plot of SA2. Yet character wise they are nothing alike, look at them... Shadow's name might mean "shadow of Sonic" because they have the same abilities and all but they are completely diffrent characters and this game will most likely revolve around Shadow's dark personailty and past.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Shadow is definitley darker than Sonic. He's "bad", but I never saw him as evil. Just dark.

On the plus side, since it's Shadow thsi game will probably be like the Sonic/Shadow levels of SA2. Which were the only part of the games I liked. I crave that speed. Heroes tried it, but then they messed it up with that three person team stuff. I'm looking forward to this because of the speed and because it's Shadow, with guns or not.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
    Well, it looks alright. Nothing special, but not bad either. I'll be honest and say the only 3D levels I've ever cared for are Sonic's and Shadow's because of the pace and such. Heroes was enjoyable but lacked some consistency in the story. In fact, the entire Sonic story's a bit screwed up in parts, particularly surrounding Shadow. Never did understand what happened in SA2 when he "died". Some say Chaos Control, but... that's just the easy way out. Perhaps this time we'll actually find resolution to the Shadow plot hole!

PS2 fans rejoice. You're getting it. No speculative XBox release thus far, but it probably will end up on there. I'll always pick GC over PS2 though (see Sonic Heroes on GC vs PS2).

BTW, I've got no complaints with Perfect Chaos, the Shadow prototype thingy (Biohazard :D), and Metal Overlord was OK apart from the poor dialogue. Good to see Metal Sonic have a bit of screen time. All of them had a cool theme tune in the background too (the guy from Hardline sings for Crush 40... i wuv Hardline :D). I wouldn't want any of 'em back for this game though, unless this game is like Shadow's history (which would be cool). Let's hope the gun doesn't kill the franchise x.x Shadow has enough coolness without a gun.

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
    I'm sure the gun won't be enough to ruin the whole Sonic seris... Sonic Team has been dissapointing lately but lets see if they can pull this one off. Yet I have been impressed with the Advanced games, good 2D Sonic right there, not as good as old school Sonic, but fun ether way. The Adventure remakes were fun to... but keyword: remakes. Heroes was enjoyable first time around but it was blah after you beat it and not a lot to offer, Battle was okay as well, sometimes a bit hard too. But Heroes and Battle still didn't impress me to much compaired to the other games, but I still liked them. An addicting Sonic remake (or I should saw remakeS) Sonic Mega Collection, they did that nicely... yet along with me, and lots of other fans were dissapointed not to see Sonic CD in there, but it was strictly Gensis games I guess. *shrugs*

Lets see how Shadow does, Sonic and Shadow levels were mad fun in SA2, if this is like that all the way through... then I'm there!

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    IMO, Sonic Mega Collection was a poorly done set of ports. >_> Compare SMC to Sonic Jam, and you'll see what I mean. :s Seriously, what the hell kind of reward are COMIC BOOK COVER SCANS and a full comic? Not to mention, the comics come from Archie and aren't official Sonic stuff.

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
    Yeah well the extras sucked but I wasen't complaining reliving the old games. :/ I had fun with it because some of my favorite games of all time is Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles.

Growlygirl

Growlithe princess
    Years
    The old games were alot of fun... but all you did was run in a straight line... AWSOME!

Well anyway, another thing I don't understand is... why build up his attacks for 3 games... then give him gun? I'm not stressing over the fact that it's really violent for a sonic (fine fine shadow game) I'm saying... why? His attacks were fun before they give him a boom stick! He had BEST still have his homing attack.

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Growlygirl said:
    The old games were alot of fun... but all you did was run in a straight line... AWSOME!

Well anyway, another thing I don't understand is... why build up his attacks for 3 games... then give him gun? I'm not stressing over the fact that it's really violent for a sonic (fine fine shadow game) I'm saying... why? His attacks were fun before they give him a boom stick! He had BEST still have his homing attack.
    And Chaos Control and Chaos Spear.

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
    He does have the Homing Attack I'm pretty dang sure... because in the video it did show him charging in the air at bad guys. Also its a Shadow game, even with a gun it will be wrong to make a game purly about Shadow but do away with Chaos Control... Chaos Spear is what we need to worry about it, he didn't have it in Battle or Heroes...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Another question to be answered: What will the final boss fight be?

Super Sonic? New Biolizard (remember the original could reprduce asexually so it's possible it had some egss somewhere that could hatch)? Metal Sonic? Dr. Robotnik? Matrix-esque final battle against a bunch of Shadow clones that Omega missed on his rampage on the Final Fortress? Super military tax-payer's expense robot made by G.U.N.?

Vortex

So weird its ScArY! o.0
    Years
    Who knows, hopefully not Eggman... because that means Eggman is once again the main villian of the game which is starting to age like crap for the twenty millionth time. ><

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Vortex said:
    Who knows, hopefully not Eggman... because that means Eggman is once again the main villian of the game which is starting to age like crap for the twenty millionth time. ><
    Actually I'm hoping for a game where Eggman is the main villain. All his plans recently have backfired and someone took over. Chaos broke free, Gerald's program and the Biolizard took over the ARK, Metal Sonic rebeled against him, Emerl went crazy, its been far too long since Eggman was the final boss. Though I am hoping for 3-D versions of the original games (Sonic 1, CD, 2, 3, and Knuckles) myself.

Back