• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Spring Animes 2008 (Airing currently in Japan)

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    What new animes are you watching this spring?
    I am watching Vampire Knight, Special A & Itazuna wa Kiss.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    xxxHolic Kei, Macross Frontier, Vampire Knight, Code Geass R2 annnnnd that would be it. This season's actually had a better amount of watchable shows. :o

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Vampire Knight is the only one I've been keeping up with so far, since I've been waiting for it since November, heh. Special A also looks cute (I really like the manga) but I simply don't have enough time to watch it. I only have access to high-speed internet at my grandparent's house, so... yeah. Is it very faithful to the original storyline, I wonder?

I've enjoyed the VK anime so far, though! The animation looks a little awkward at times, but the music is great, especially the Gregorian chants that you often hear in the background. I wasn't expecting that, but it fits really well, especially for the Night Class.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    xxxHolic Kei, Macross Frontier, Vampire Knight, Code Geass R2 annnnnd that would be it. This season's actually had a better amount of watchable shows. :o
    Add Itazura na Kiss, Junjou Romantica, Kyo Kara Maou season 3, Crystal Blaze, Kamen no Maid guy, and Amatsuki and that's my list. XD(With the ones you said ofcourse.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Add Itazura na Kiss, Junjou Romantica, Kyo Kara Maou season 3, Crystal Blaze, Kamen no Maid guy, and Amatsuki and that's my list. XD(With the ones you said ofcourse.)
    Kamen no Maid Guy is pretty funny on occasion, I don't really like Kyo Kara Mahou or Crystal Blaze, haven't seen the others except for Amatsuki, it's pretty good. I just listed the shows I've liked the best so far.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    I forgot to add Nabari no Ou and Golgo 13.

I needed a replacement for Hayate no Gotoku and Kamen no Maid guy is essentially a cheesier version with a ton more fanservice.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Gonna go ahead and order these by general priority

Obligation Watch: Continuations to the most part
    Code Geass R2
    Macross Frontier
    xxxHolic Kei

Top: Keeping up with these almost for sure
    Nabari no Ou (Ninjas! Action is amazing and comedy is amazing, nuff said)
    Kyouran Kazoku Nikki (My personal replacement for Hayate)
    Soul Eater (Actiony fun that looks like it came out of an Atlus game)
    Vampire Knight (Never read the manga, but it's not bad at all)
    Kure-nai

Middle Tier: better off than the lower tier in my watchings
    S.A. ~Special A (Romance is needed in my viewings)
    Amatsuki (A bit slow, but it's getting interesting nows)
    Allison & Lilia (sorta like my Aria this season, though there's some action)

Lower Tier: Not bad, but might drop eventually
    Toshokan Sensou - Library Wars (haven't seen enough yet)
    Kamen no Maid Guy

as a small fun fact, there's a ninja anime, a shinigami anime, and while there's no pirate anime, there is something about a phantom thief (though i haven't actually watched it yet)

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I'm watching; Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 and Vampire Knight.

I might watch Soul Eater soon, because my friend said it's good. :D

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    - Kirarin Revolution (new season): Forced to watch from club member at uni. It's so bad that it's good.

- To-LoveRu: Weekly fix of ecchi.

- Library Wars: Awesome.

- Wagaya no Oinarisama: Don't really like it, but I watch it since it's on TV while I'm working on uni reports.

- Code Geass R2: I rushed through first season just to watch this. Damn nice.

- Maid Guy: It's awesome when an under-appreciated manga gets turned into anime.
    Hopefully the anime will do the episode which involves Aztecs, Maids and Cross-dressing Kunoichis.

- Kanokon: Best anime of this season. Because of cute + shota + other stuff. Also fusion.

Last edited:

Oversoul

Quiet you.
    Years
    I've given most of them a try and i'm sticking with Code Geass R2, Vampire Knight, Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, Kanokon and Soul Eater. :]

Back