• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Sprite Thread

Falcon Wing

PokeMafia Member "Weavile"
    Years
    Well, How about Gyarados being in the water at least? and not resting on top of it. That doesn't make sense to me.
    But I guess if you think of it, Pokemon doesnt have to make sense.

As for the Cartoony thing, I just mean that The Previous sprites looked better.

EDIT: I tried post the images here from Bulbapedia, but it didnt work :|

They have'nt did any Pokemon "In the Water" yet, so resting on top of it is a big step toward such an idea, and it gives Gyarados sort of that Boss feeling.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Well, How about Gyarados being in the water at least? and not resting on top of it. That doesn't make sense to me.
    But I guess if you think of it, Pokemon doesnt have to make sense.

As for the Cartoony thing, I just mean that The Previous sprites looked better.

EDIT: I tried post the images here from Bulbapedia, but it didnt work :|

In the water?

What if one had a Gyarados and was battling in grasslands? Would it be in the ground? Now THAT doesn't make sense.

And yeah, creatures that can summon the very elements from within their own bodies... Pokemon are not made to make sense.

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    In the water?

What if one had a Gyarados and was battling in grasslands? Would it be in the ground? Now THAT doesn't make sense.

And yeah, creatures that can summon the very elements from within their own bodies... Pokemon are not made to make sense.

Different sprites for different terrains?
    It most likely wont happen, but it would be neat.

But Fine. I guess Gyarados somehow being able to rest upon water as if it was jesus, is okay.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Different sprites for different terrains?
    It most likely wont happen, but it would be neat.

But Fine. I guess Gyarados somehow being able to rest upon water as if it was jesus, is okay.

Pokemon are not made to make sense. They are made to get away from things that make sense. Compared to the world of Pokemon, RL kinda sucks.

I'd shoop a pic to make fun of the comparrison to Jesus, but I could get banned for religious reasons or something.

Falcon Wing

Years
    Personally im interested to see how they implement the ability to have any pokemon follow you at your choice, as having a wailord following a trainer would require a lot of downsizing

No matter what their is going to be a problem with the whole "This doesn't make sense thing" which brings us back to our original "Pokemon isn't make to make sense" thing.

But 493 Pokemon you can have follow you? That's crazy but, will they let you surf with that Pokemon like you can use the HM cut with it? Who knows.

I Date Flaffy's

StreetFighter Till The End
    Years
    Personally im interested to see how they implement the ability to have any pokemon follow you at your choice, as having a wailord following a trainer would require a lot of downsizing

Personally i think this idea is stupid i like the idea of having Land pokemon follow you but water pokemon like chinchou or finneon is stupid maybe have land pokemon when your on ground then maybe when you go surfing a gyrados and be jumping in and out of the water beside you ??

Does anyone else feel this or am i making a fool of myself

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    i do believe, like on yellow, pokemon dissapear when you surf or use a bike, back into the pokeball, not sure, but maybe like a totodile would be able to stay when on water, oh and i wonder what the surf will look like, i can still remember my blastoise on red looking like a red lapras XD

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    i do believe, like on yellow, pokemon dissapear when you surf or use a bike, back into the pokeball, not sure, but maybe like a totodile would be able to stay when on water, oh and i wonder what the surf will look like, i can still remember my blastoise on red looking like a red lapras XD

That reason alone is why I had a Lapras traded over as soon as I could.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    heheh, yeah, i just wonder what it will look like, cuz i would love it if they implemented the whole follow me around thing and made it so you actually appear to be riding whatever pokemon it is using surf

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years

That would be a great idea but i doubt Nintendo is going to allow water type Pokemon to follow you in water because i think Nintendo is too lazy too do so. I will love to see Magikarp following me, it looks so funny flopping in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon xD

:t354:TG

Falcon Wing

Years
    Me two, I have to say these sprites are coming along great so far, unlike that Horrible Lucario sprite from Plat.

Falcon Wing

Years
    I liked that sprite...

I guess the feeling is not mutual.

Its a decent sprite, I am just a fan of Pokemon sprites that actually look like their fierce, or like their ready to battle. You know, standing tall and all of that good stuff. That sprite just looks like it doesn't belong kinda like the Machoke sprites we've been getting recently.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Its a decent sprite, I am just a fan of Pokemon sprites that actually look like their fierce, or like their ready to battle. You know, standing tall and all of that good stuff. That sprite just looks like it doesn't belong kinda like the Machoke sprites we've been getting recently.

I'll agree that the Machoke sprites we're getting are god-awful.
    But I like how Lucario looked like he was waiting for the enemy to attack, so he could dodge and counter.

Back