• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New starter trio ideas

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
There are toooooonnnns of "original" starter trios in hacks and art projects and whatnot. What are some of the best ideas you've seen? And what are some of your own ideas that you think would make great species or basis for starter-like pokemon? By this, I mean animals and items and themes on which to base a NEW pokemon on, I don't mean putting three existing pokemon together to form a trio.

They don't have to be fire/water/grass of course, even though most people do it like that.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen Apr 28, 2024
right now the starter pokemon consists of mostly being fire/water/grass trios with a few exceptions: pikachu in yellow, eevee in both yellow(rival's starter) & xd: gale of darkness and collusium being the only game thats connected to the main series in which the main protagonist had 2 starters: umbreon & espeon. the trio i'd like to see though is a dark/dragon, fairy/electric , fighting/ground trio with a very unique relation: the final evolved forms of the 3 would be a able to breed completely different pokemon with each other then with any other pokemon in a similar manor to how phiones can be breed from dittos and manaphys, but it would only work after they reached lv 50 while each is holding a certain megastone. the 3 types of new pokemon bred would inherit the type with a natural immunity from its parents:
dark/dragon /w absolite + fairy/electric /w audinite = dark/fairy
fairy/electric /w garderoirite + fighting/ground /w garchompite = fairy/ground
fighting/ground /w camruptie + dark/dragon /w glalite = dark/ground

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
Tbh, I don't have a problem with the fire/water/grass starters at all, BUT... they need to stop it with the predictable secondary typings.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 3, 2018
I didn't play many hacks,
but the best I've seen were in Pokemon Battle Fire.

Pokemon Uranium has good ones as well.

the theme? We could get a desert themed region, so an elephant could
be one of the startes, or idk what.

Years
Well, I've done 3 Fakemon, they pretended to be starters of a future hack xD. They don't have a name yet though.

1- The first three evolutions are based on a fusion between a Seal, a Shark and a Whale. The types are not decided, because it can have 3 xD, but Water for sure. They look very spooky, so probably Ghost, but they have a rose and a carnivorous plant living on their back, so probably Grass type.

2- The second ones, are a fusion between a Panda and a Clown. They're types are Normal and Electric (they have some electric wires on they're head). Also, the last evolution has another form, not being only white and black, but very colorful, and I thought to give him the ability Multitype xD

3- The other ones are based on a Bug and a Siren. It would be Bug and Fairy. I haven't finished that one yet, though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I realize that this gives us another Fire-Fighting starter, but I think it makes sense in this case.
Fire-Fighting
Grass-Flying
Water-Rock
This way you have the same general trio, but their secondary typing would give them a counter to their original weakness. Sort of a reverse to what XY did with their starters.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
Water/Poison
Grass/Fairy
Fire/Dragon

Poison beats Fairy and Fairy Beats Dragon. I hated how my Greninja always got pwned by Chespin's evolution line. It already sucked that he was a Water type, but that Chespin's final was a fighting as well? C'mon. That's why I ditched mine in the box.

I admired RSE's typing and grew to like Blaziken as much if not more than Swampert. I usually like all of the GSC starters just because its my first generation and because Feraligatr was basically Godzilla to Blastoise's Gamera.

On the other hand, I'd love a Ghost type because of Banette being crazy amazing. I never gave that line attention in any of the games until the Theta Emerald hack, and I'm thinking of catching and evolving one in AS.

Maybe then , Water/Psychic, Grass/Ghost ,and Fire/Dark?

Back