• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Starters

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
    Grass/Dragon?... Cmo'n >.> that would double it's ice weakness it'd look cool but meh I guess it could happen as they did something similar with Swampert, removing it's electric weakness and doubling it's grass weakness.

That would mean the water starter would NEED to be Water/Ice

Anyways I'd love to see them make the water starter like the loch ness monster lol a long dragon looking thing. Hold the dragon type of course. As for the type I'd like to see Water/Electric, it's been done before but not on a starter

For grass... they made a water/steel type how about a steel/grass type? It'd double it's fire weakness BUT remove it's water, flying, and ice weakness. It'd be unbalanced however

Finally for Fire.. it'd really be cool to see Fire/grass based off some mystical forest dwelling creature that thrives off of forest fires or something it would remove it's water weakness yeah but it would give it a flying weakness for the sake of balance this setup couldn't be done unless one of the pokemon remained pure or water switched back to water/ground

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I don't see anything wrong with Grass/Dragon type if they make the water starter have Water/Ice type. Ice Beam to the head and done.
    Any Fire type combination is fine as long as it not another frikkin FIGHTING type. Hell, even poison sound better and make it more defense oriented starter

My wish can summed like this:
    Grass/Dragon, take a form of some salamander, lizard or land dragon that without wing. Get the secondary type only in final stage of evolution.
    Water/Ice. I know this typing is quite generic, but there isn't yet a starter with this type. It also meant to balance the grass starter which have dragon as it second type. It can be another penguin or even mythical creature
    Fire/Poison or Fire/Psychic. anything is fine I guess.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    then whats cyndaquil? i don't see it resembling a zodiac animal

Cyndaquil's a mouse :3

For Fire: I'd like to see a Cheetah/Leapord/Tiger/Lion... so basically a big cat :D

Fore Water: I'd like to maybe see a Dolphin/Lizard/I dunno... I hez no ideas at the moment.

For Grass: a Koala or Panda would be nice. The Koala could be Grass/Fighting, I once saw a fakemon starter exactly like that and it was cool :3

But for the formula stated by Fireworks:

Fire Zodiac animal: Tiger :D

Water animal: Hippo/Manatee/Platypus(whom I shall name Perry :D)

Grass Reptile: a Tuatara. I Googled some reptiles, he looked cool :3

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    i thought cyndaquil was an anteater? ....

Actually, Cyndaquil is believed to be an echidna with traits of a Shrew. However, it's Pokedex entry states that it's a Firemouse.

Anyway, I want to see a Gorilla-like starter, that's either Grass/Fighting, Grass/Ground or pure Grass.

Back