• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Tauros Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    There are no evolutions or pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon in this generation, meaning Mamanbou is not Luvdisc's evolution (tragic!). This is the first generation without any Pokemon ties to previous generations.

Hopefully for you people in denial, this will sink in.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    well loadsa sites sed the starter evos were fake so they cud be wrong again

The only time a site denied or questioned the authenticity was when the troll claimed to have made them.

We just saw that the Mijumaru evo was real as well as the Pokabu Evo, despite what they guy that made the GIFs said. (Which proves my statement when I first saw them that the guy didn't know anything that he was talking about and had no credit to his dissection.)

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    yh,all you who say that they said no new evos, how bout showing us a link ,huh???

Ok.

GameFreak's Junichi Masuda has disclosed a surprising feature of Pokemon Black & White via his blog. In a post today, Masuda revealed that Black & White players will encounter only new Pokemon until they've cleared the game.

The reason for this design choice, says Masuda, is because they want to put kids and adults on the same starting line and give all players the feeling of "What is this Pokemon?", similar to what they might have experienced when playing the original of all Pokemon games, Pokemon Red & Blue.

Masuda and the development staff had players inside and outside of the company sample the game. Comments included:

* "It's like playing something completely new, similar to when I played Red & Green"
    * "You don't even know the type of the Pokemon, so you're surprised at the skills"
    * "There are only Pokemon that you've never seen, so it's fresh and new"

The impressions have been good, says Matsuda, but desiging the Pokemon has been tough. Still, the GameFreak graphics staff say that they're happy if players enjoy themselves.
    https://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/08/04/black_white_new_pokemon/

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Hopefully for you people in denial, this will sink in.

I am not in denial, I have just seen no official source stating this and a single paragraph with no link to the original source isn't really convincing, as I said I want a link to any of the following, the interview where Nintendo/GameFreak confirmed it, an Issue of Coro Coro that confirms it, or an episode of Pokemon Sunday that confirmed it, they are the only trust able sources of info for Pokemon pre-launch.

I will actually be happy if this turns out to be true, as I am sick of Zubat and Geodude, and all the other Pokemon that are in every gen, instead of new Pokemon, but I still find it hard to believe without an official source.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Okay, this thread has really been taken off track. :\ The debate between whether or not there are any new pre-evolutions and/or evolutions isn't actually going anywhere right now. Not to mention we have a thread to discuss this information mentioned here and a thread to discuss the new Pokémon and info released in the Sept. CoroCoro here. Please use those instead, and seeing as this thread hasn't gotten very far I'm just going to put the lock on it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back