• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Team, 2nd time typing it up...

Years
    The Line-Up

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Relaxed <240HP/212DEF/58SP.ATK>
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Roar

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Impish <252HP/64ATK/194DEF>
    Spikes
    Drill Peck
    Whirlwind
    Roost

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Bold <72HP/252DEF/122SP.ATK/64SP.DEF>
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Light Screen
    Recover

Lucario @ Wise Glasses
    Modest <252SP.ATK/252SPD/6HP>
    Aura Sphere
    Dragon Pulse
    Dark pulse
    Vacuum Wave

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Adamant <252ATK/154HP/104SPD>
    Meteor Mash
    Thunder Punch
    Earthquake
    Agility

Salamence @ Leftovers
    Bold <252HP/220DEF/36SPD>
    Toxic/Roost
    Stone Edge
    Flamethrower
    Draco Meteor

I suppose it works pretty well. Milotic can act as a Special Wall and as a Special Attacker. Skarmory is a staller and supporter. Salamence and Metagross Attack and do mass damage if used properly. Lucario acts as a Special Sweeper and makes a darn good one of them. Swampert is my Physical Sweeper. He can also be a Special Sweeper when needed. Bulky Gyarados does do massive damage to this team so should I get Stone Edge on one of the pokemon? I'm thinking Salamence.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    sigh... leftovers is like the best item in the game, almost all pokemon prefer to have it, except for the sweepers, but this one doesnt...

Need a more reliable special wall, Thunderbolt sends Milo to it's grave and yours seems to be more physically orientated anyway so that aint gonna be walling much even with LS

Years
    hmm.. with metagross... life orb isnt the best. i have battled with an agiligross cuz i have one in my team, and using life orb isnt the best suggestion, even though his attacking is going mental. its not the best
    either choose shell bell which restores 1/8 of life ever time you hit instead of 1/16 with leftovers
    or possibly choice band or a leichi berry
    i use a shell bell just because i fine it helps when im boosting agility and their attacking

hmm.. with metagross... life orb isnt the best. i have battled with an agiligross cuz i have one in my team, and using life orb isnt the best suggestion, even though his attacking is going mental. its not the best
    either choose shell bell which restores 1/8 of life ever time you hit instead of 1/16 with leftovers
    i use a shell bell just because i fine it helps when im boosting agility and their attacking

Last edited:

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    You're right about the Gyarados weakness, there is also a noticeable weakness to strong special attackers with Thunderbolt/Grass Knot, Mixape is particularly worrying since it can take down 5/6ths of this team (NP version).
    You also do not have a counter to Nasty Plot Azelf, Togekiss and Hypnosis Yanmega. Lack of a sleep absorber means Gengar, Bronzong etc. would spam Hypnosis without any repercussions.

Your sweepers are particularly weak given that none of them can inflict enough damage to break a stall team. Agiligross is not good in DP, it doesn't hit hard enough. Lucario would like Choice Specs > Wise Glasses as 115 SpA isn't really good enough to warrant Wise Glasses.

I would advise Choice Specs on Lucario, HP Ice > Dragon Pulse for Gliscor, taking down Gliscor would aid Metagross in sweeping. Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse cover the majority of physical walls that would be switching into Lucario already.
    Choice Band on Metagross, run 252 HP/236 Attack/8 Def/12 SpD, unless you want extra speed EVs for Skarmory.

RestTalk Snorlax > Milotic, giving your team defence against Hypnosis and a counter to special sweepers.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Careful, 244 HP/28 Def/236 SpD

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Crunch
    Body Slam

Immunity and Thick Fat are due to preference, I prefer Immunity as it allows Snorlax to come in on Toxic and stuff and not have to waste a turn Resting.

Swampert and Skarmory are basically covering the same pokemon - Swamperts ability to counter TB/HP Ice pokemon (Jolteon, Zapdos) is done by Snorlax, and Skarmory counters Metagross and Tyranitar nicely. CB Tyranitar may 2HKO with Stone Edge, but basically it is just an invitation for Lucario to switchin and laugh as it does ~27%.

I would recommend Vaporeon > Swampert:

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold, 188 HP/252 Def/64 SpA

Surf
    HP Electric
    Wish
    Roar

Fills the PHazing spot and makes a great Gyarados counter and Wishpasser.

I recommend some improvements on your sets -

On Skarmory, I would run 24 Speed EVs on it to outrun Wobbuffet regardless, it isn't a heavy investment on your part. 152 Attack EVs with Brave Bird makes for a 3HKO on BulkyDos provided it hasn't Intimidated, useful if Vaporeon is down. Stealth Rock > Spikes due to the offensive nature of this team - an easy 25% off the likes of Gyara and Mence.

I personally feel that Mence should run the BulkyDDRoost set, namely:

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Jolly, 252 HP/12 Attack/196 Def/76 Speed

Dragon Dance
    Roost
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake

LO is for more damage - ensuring a OHKO on Luke. After a Dragon Dance and Life Orb Heracross, Weavile and Garchomp are OHKOed while the fail to OHKO unless carrying Choice Band (LO Weavile Ice Punch still OHKOs though).

You may choose to run more speed for Jolly Lucario although I would not recommend it. 176 Speed is what you would need.

It may come in useful for a lategame sweep and generally functions as a wall *** setup sweeper. The Stealth Rock weakness is what hinders it, so you might want to consider Gliscor..

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Jolly, 116 HP/136 Attack/142 Def/116 Speed

Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Roost
    Swords Dance

Hey look SDGliscor has no counters its Ube

This has a much less chance of pulling off a sweep but functions as a more effective wall due to non-Stealth Rock weakness. Attack and Speed is for Lucario again, 216 if you want to outspeed JollyLuke.

Anyway, the team now is Lucario/Metagross/Skarmory/Salamence/Vaporeon/Snorlax

I don't know what should lead, Lucario seems like the best lead but isn't really helpful. In this occasion leading with Skarmory might give you an advantage laying down Stealth Rock.

Edit: To above poster, Shell Bell isn't boosting Gross' attacking power, which is kinda sad as 135 Attack is nowhere near spectacular especially with no overpowered moves to use it with. Liechi probably won't work unless you are some master of percentages and manage to get Gross down to below 25% in the battle without being KOed by a faster pokemon... so I wouldn't recommend it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    the only thing that bugs me- 5 have leftovers. Out of 6. T.T; Change that, tghen you'll be pretty much good.

Thats not helping here tbh, Leftovers is the optimum item for defensive pokemon, heck any pokemon really, its that good, so maybe a bit more research before posting again will go along way ?. Even if you are referring to to the item clause, its should be pretty obvious that this team is not going to be playing other teams that use that clause. Hence the multiple use of more than one item.

tylerowicz said:

Shell bell is a blegh item tbh, Leftovers outclasses it in most, if not ALL cases. I actually prefer Life Orb on Agiligross, it really needs as much power as it can get.

As for the team, Aquillae pretty much covered it.

However, do you really need 2 phazers though ?

Skarmory may want a Shed shell, its your prime physical wall and Outrage blocker and you dont really want magnezone to remove it, as it opens up a few opportunities for sweepers once its gone, namely again DD/SD outrages.

Last edited:
    Years
    Lucario @ Choice Specs
    Modest <252SP.ATK/252SPD/6HP>
    Dragon Pulse
    Shadow Pulse
    Aura Sphere
    Vacuum Wave

Metagross @ Life Orb
    Adamant <252ATK/154HP/104SPD>
    Earthquake
    Thunder Punch
    Agility
    Meteor Mash

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Impish <252HP/64ATK/194DEF> or <252HP/64ATK/24SPD/170DEF> or <228HP/64ATK/24SPD/194DEF> or <252HP/40ATK/194DEF/24SPD> or <252HP/172ATK/62DEF/24SPD> or <252HP/172ATK/86DEF>
    Stealth Rock
    Drill Peck/Brave Bird
    Whirlwind/Roar
    Roost

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Careful, 244 HP/28 Def/236 SpD
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Crunch
    Body Slam

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold, 188 HP/252 Def/64 SpA
    Surf
    HP Electric
    Wish
    Roar

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Jolly, 252 HP/12 Attack/196 Def/76 Speed
    Dragon Dance
    Roost
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    or
    Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Jolly, 116 HP/136 Attack/142 Def/116 Speed
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Roost
    Swords Dance

So this would be the ideal team then? Ok, Vaporeon might take a while, pulls out Flareon, better get started for the HP Electric.I don't have any Rare Candies though so is there another way of determining the IV's? I don't really like Choice items because you have to keep swapping for the ideal move but seeing as though it gives a better Sp.Atk boost I'll use it. Not sure where I'm going to get a 2nd Life Orb from. Don't have a Wireless router that works so that will take a while.

Originally posted by hannah909brown
    the only thing that bugs me- 5 have leftovers. Out of 6. T.T; Change that, tghen you'll be pretty much good.
    Correction. In that list there were only 4 Pokemon with Leftovers. That doesn't bug me. If you could please put forward you suggestions. I think I'll just use 6 Sitrus Berries than eh? Please learn about item beneficiancy during battles before you post.Besides this you and Tylerowicz have no reputation so I don't think you've been helping people out too much.

Last edited:

Aquilae

Years
    For Skarm, just go 252 HP/156 Attack/76 Def/24 Spe

All my calculations are made using max IVs, so you might want to tweak the EVs around to fit your IVs. Speed is probably the most important thing that you would have to focus on.

1 IV = 4 EVs

So if you wanted to use the above EV spread, with a Skarmory which has 28 IVs in speed, you will need to invest 12 more EVs to reach the desired speed.

I see eight pokemon there %_%

Without a Choice Specs, Lucario would be hard-pressed to deal with Blissey, missing the 2HKO. Same with Metagross, without Choice Band Meteor Mash wouldn't 2HKO Gliscor.

Another thing that I forgot to mention, Lucario can have either trait, it doesn't really matter because both are crappy >=(

Agiligross can't deal enough damage, so I would suggest CBGross in my last post:

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant, 252 HP/236 Attack/8 Def/12 SpD

Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Bullet Punch

You could go Life Orb > Choice Band, and something else > Explosion. Without Choice Band your damage output is significantly decreased. Bullet Punch is mainly for Subseeders and as a last resort, or for psuedo-revenge killing, so feel free to replace it with Pursuit or Ice Punch.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    You could change Lucario to a sweeper set with Life Orb. And you could also make Swampert a Cursepert. Very nice Skarm. Odd ev spread. Maybe 252 atk, 252 defense, and 4 HP, or 252 HP, 252 atk, 4 defense. Whatever fits your team best =]

Years
    For Skarm, just go 252 HP/156 Attack/76 Def/24 Spe

All my calculations are made using max IVs, so you might want to tweak the EVs around to fit your IVs. Speed is probably the most important thing that you would have to focus on.

1 IV = 4 EVs

Yeah, I know how many EV's equal 1 IV. So what is the ideal speed for Skarmory? That might help a bit.

So if you wanted to use the above EV spread, with a Skarmory which has 28 IVs in speed, you will need to invest 12 more EVs to reach the desired speed.

I see eight pokemon there %_%

Fixed that up.

Without a Choice Specs, Lucario would be hard-pressed to deal with Blissey, missing the 2HKO. Same with Metagross, without Choice Band Meteor Mash wouldn't 2HKO Gliscor.

Fair enough then. I'll use that. Is there a Choice Band in Emerald? If I'm not mistaken I think there's one in the cave where you catch Snorunt but I'll need confirmation of that.

Another thing that I forgot to mention, Lucario can have either trait, it doesn't really matter because both are crappy >=(

I like Steadfast because it raises Speed but I suppose Inner Focus prevents flinching.

Agiligross can't deal enough damage, so I would suggest CBGross in my last post:

Metagross @ Choice Band
    Adamant, 252 HP/236 Attack/8 Def/12 SpD

Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Explosion
    Ice Punch

You could go Life Orb > Choice Band(will probably do this but you did give LO a run for it's money), and something else (what could this something else be?) > Explosion. Without Choice Band your damage output is significantly decreased. Bullet Punch is mainly for Subseeders and as a last resort, or for psuedo-revenge killing, so feel free to replace it with Pursuit or Ice Punch.

Answers, questions and opinions are in bold. Please help me out. I'll be getting a Wireless Router soon so I wanna complete this team ASAP.

You could change Lucario to a sweeper set with Life Orb. And you could also make Swampert a Cursepert. Very nice Skarm. Odd ev spread. Maybe 252 atk, 252 defense, and 4 HP, or 252 HP, 252 atk, 4 defense. Whatever fits your team best
    Mixedpert will pwn Cursepert any day. Lucario is a Sp.Sweeper and will stay that way. He pretty much has the same Base Sp.Atk and Atk stats.

Last edited:
    Years
    Heatran is going to give you trouble. Vaporeon isn't going to take repeated beatings and Snorlax can't do anything back. Plus Metagross and Luke can't switch in on Fire attacks. Mence over Gliscor helps this to a degree.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Heatran is going to give you trouble. Vaporeon isn't going to take repeated beatings and Snorlax can't do anything back. Plus Metagross and Luke can't switch in on Fire attacks. Mence over Gliscor helps this to a degree.

lolwut?

Snorlax is the best Heatran counter in the game. Rest/Sleep Talk/EQ/Crunch destroys Heatran with Thick Fat.

I reccomend Snorlax here, I'll post a set if you're interested.

Aquilae

Years
    Mence > Gliscor has its obvious advantages and disadvantages.

First, Mence is weak to Rock while Gliscor isn't. Stealth Rock + the extra ~19% you get from Close combat is forcing you to Roost.

But Mence also has really good resists, namely Fire, Water and Grass which allow it to come in on stuff that Gliscor cannot, and beat it one-on-one, namely CroCune and Heatran.

Mence is also weak to Dragon, takes ~80% from -1 attack Garchomp Outrage, anything else will OHKO.

I would recommend Gliscor for this team as Snorlax walls Heatran, Mence is not really required. If you're having problems with CroCune Mence is probably a better choice, other than that Gliscor > Mence.

Body Slam > EQ for obvious STAB and para, Snorlax can still deal with non Metal Sound Heatran to a degree.

@~Celebi~

The something else can be:

• Ice Punch (Gliscor, more accurate option for Hippowdon and Flyers)
    • Thunderpunch (Gyarados, Suicune/Vaporeon, Skarmory, more accurate option for Flyers)
    • Pursuit (Cresselia and Celebi, helps revenge killing)
    • Bullet Punch (priority for Subseeders, last resort if Gross is outspeeded)
    I wouldn't take away Explosion because it is one of the most powerful attacks in the metagame, OHKOing ~95% of pokemon, Skarm takes ~85%, obviously you won't use it on Aggron, Probopass or Bastiodon, or a Ghost type =X

Years
    lolwut?

Snorlax is the best Heatran counter in the game. Rest/Sleep Talk/EQ/Crunch destroys Heatran with Thick Fat.

I reccomend Snorlax here, I'll post a set if you're interested.
    Yes please. Should I use Return over Body Slam as it has 17 Base Power more and by the time I get a Snorlax, Munchlax would've made the most of this.

I know this isnt the answer youre looking for but your post is very well put together and I like it.
    What do you mean? Who were you answering?

Snorlax with Thick Fat covers the Heatran problem. Besides this, Heatran isn't as common as some other problems I had/have. I don't need immunity as Rest will recover the poisoning. Vaporeon doesn't need to take multiple beatings and Specs Luke can what, 2-3HKO Heatran. CBGross or LOGross can also 1-2HKO Heatran with EQ. So yeah, lolwut?

Answers in BOLD. Archer, I don't think Heatran will be too big a problem if I even encounter him/her.

Back