• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Team: Team Astra (Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Put many ideas together for the legendaries, don't just be hapy with one and stick with it (like we will probably do for most fakemon). The legendaries play an important role in the story (as you all now), and I want them to be perfect. =D

fatmanjumprope

黒雷 神 エネル
    Years
  • Beta Tester

Name: fatmanjumprope
    Skill(s): Looking to become a beta tester but I can also do SOME map work if needed.
    Main role: beta tester
    Past experience: I won't lie and say I've beta tested 20 different hacks. However I have tested a few as of now unknown hacks for close friends/members.
    Contact Information: [email protected] or here. Also have skype if you want anything else later on.
    Time Zone: US Central (Usually on late nights 12am-8am or so)
    Other: I pay very close attention to detail when testing out maps. I'll start in one corner and work my way to the other testing not only the map, but also the scripts. I can't promise I'll catch every single little bug, but I can promise you that I will try my hardest to catch the vast majority of them. I can do simple beta testing which consists of map checks, and script checks as well as advance tests that include spelling, and grammar tests.

Years
  • fatmanjumprope (your name makes me lol), welcome to Team Astra, and thanks for becoming a Beta Tester. Bear in mind, we have nothing for you to beta test at the moment, and it may take a while for anything properly playable to appear, as we have no scripter yet. :/ But once we have finally got one and started to work on producing the story, I'll PM you. =D

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Name: (SarumiSama))
    Skill(s): (Scripting,ideas)
    Main role:
    Past experience: (Void XSE, Learning ASM)
    Contact Information: ([email protected])
    Time Zone: (EST)
    Other:五つの言語を話せます。

Years
  • Cosmo, I have a question for you.... or anyone who can answer it....
    How do you get them words in your sig, where more text pops up if you hover over it?

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • slightly off topic but here it goes. To do that hover thing, you use the title feature.
    To get this:
    This text is normal.

You do this:
    [title*=This text hides secrets!] This text is normal. Nothing unusual.[*/title]

Asterisk are in place to keep it from actually working. But do you see how it works? Put the hover text after the equal sign and just use the title tag for the rest

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • I have two Gym Leader Sprites here. The first is your Mom and Eighth Gym Leader who uses the Poison type. I wasnt sure what to name her, so feel free to do so if you'd like. I named the second Blossom. She is the fifth leader of the region (regular sprite coming soon).

Years
  • Awesome work Cosmo =D
    But don't decide which Gyms they are. You say that Mum is 8th, when I was thinking more of 4th.

Also, an idea. Unlike the Nintendo games, all of our Gym Leaders will have a story behind them. They may tell you that story, you may hear it from someone else, or you may have to piece it together, but it is always there.
    Easy example of this would be your mother. She left you when you were a kid, and you didn't know she had become a Gym Leader until just before you face her.

Finally, some of constructive criticism:
    Blossom's hand is too straight, it needs to be slightly rounder.
    A piece of Blossom's hair has the end cut off (right side, on a spike)
    Blossom's hair again, bottom left, needs to be straightened out a bit.
    Mother's ear(?) (VS sprite) is way off balance. It would normally not be seen (be in her hair)
    Mother's face (Trainer sprite) needs some work, specifically the eyes. Look at Nintendo Gym Leaders and other Trainers for how to get the eyes to work properly.

Hope that helped =D

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Okay, I will fix those.
    Also, a question. If you look on the second page of the thread, it goes through the gym leader order with a couple posts. Here was the order we were discussing:
    Bug
    Ice
    Flying
    Fire
    Grass
    Ground
    Dark
    Poison

My idea was to have the Mom be the final gym leader and the Poison Leader. Are we going to use that? Whatever you want is fine, but just thought I should point out what I was basing it off of.

EDIT: Behold, the new updates!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Cosmo, that Gym Leader order wasn't decided on, that was just discussion.
    Your Mum could still be the poison-type, but it probably won't be the last Gym.
    Also, I'm still thinking about the possibility of more than 8 Gyms.
    Also, the updates are better than the old ones, good job =D

Years
  • I think Mum is probably gonna be the fourth or fifth Gym Leader. It's not too early, not too late, and it the story would be just getting dramatic.

Years
  • refep, I'm sorry for decreasing te team size.
    If you have a skill urgently needed, that no-one else in the team has, and you are good at it, then feel free to fill out another application.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • New Team: Team Astra (Recruiting)

Got a LOT of sprites done tonight. Critisism is appreciated, as long as it is constructive. Also, these are going to be my last sprites for a while, until we get more progression. There names are Vulcan, Storm and Blossom. (Fire, Flying, and Grass types) although they are subject to change. (Can be recolored too if needed to match a different type)

Years
  • A bit of constructive criticism for you:
    Blossom's eye (Trainer Sprite), looks a bit weird again, like the Mum's eyes did. A small edit, perhaps?
    Storm's legs. Closer one has to much of a bend on the back, and the further one looks like it just disappears. Another small edit?

Apart from what I said above, they are really good =D I'm really glad you're in the team Cosmo =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back