• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Team

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2004
    Alright...here's my new team. There are some flaws I'm aware of, but for the most part this team has done pretty well...

Smeargle(m)quick claw
    Spore
    Mean Look
    Mind Reader
    Guillotine

Rather cheap and clich? I know, and he's useless in No OHKO battles...looking to dump him for something better.

Crobat(f)@leftovers
    Attract
    Fly
    Mean Look
    Toxic

Basic annoyer

Flareon(m)@leftovers
    Flamethrower
    Frustration
    Rest
    Roar

Just a sweeper

Magneton@leftovers
    Hidden Power(water)
    Reflect
    Thunder Wave
    Thunderbolt

Hp Water for pesky fire types, the rest is just standard

Vaporeon(m)@leftovers
    Acid Armor
    Haze
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Hazer with some firepower

Wobbuffet(f)@leftovers
    Counter
    Destiny Bond
    Mirror Coat
    Safeguard

I have wayyyyy too much fun with this one. :)

Well, any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Smeargle(m)quick claw
    Spore
    Mean Look
    Mind Reader
    Guillotine

not to mention sleep clause will also screw this up... this is rather a long and hideous setup. You either use mean look first or spore first. Spore first will give your smeagle more protection but will be screwed if sleep clause is on while the opponent switches out after they get hit by spore. You can use mean look first but that means 2 turns of attack from the opponent (unless quick claw activates its effect) which is more than how much Smeargle can endure already...

Crobat(f)@leftovers
    Attract
    Fly
    Mean Look
    Toxic

what can i say... standard

Flareon(m)@leftovers
    Flamethrower
    Frustration
    Rest
    Roar

Shadowball over frustration is also a possbility

Magneton@leftovers
    Hidden Power(water)
    Reflect
    Thunder Wave
    Thunderbolt

I use the same moveset... but i remember that someone suggested something else for reflect but i don't remember what anymore...

Vaporeon(m)@leftovers
    Acid Armor
    Haze
    Ice Beam
    Surf

Acid armor contradiction here? Switch that out for rest

Wobbuffet(f)@leftovers
    Counter
    Destiny Bond
    Mirror Coat
    Safeguard

Not much to do on this one... I mean... nothing to do on this one XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2004
    Hmmm on the Vaporeon I was thinking about just switching haze for roar, and keeping Acid Armor. It helps too much for me to want to get rid of it.

My main problem with Smeargle is when the enemy has a Mystery Berry, then I'm pretty much screwed. I was thinking about switching him out for just a physical attacking Rhydon with EQ, DE, Rest, and Sleep Talk.

With Flareon, I don't really see how Shadowball would at all. Sure, not too many people would expect it, and I may get a nice bonus against Phsycic or Ghost types, but what happens when someone brings out a Snorlax, Tauros, Blissey, or Miltank? I'm pretty much in deep. Also, I replaced Growth with Roar, since I found that unless every opponents Pokemon is frozen...I won't really have the time to use it.

Thanks for the reply though, any other feedback would be appreciated. :)

edit: Also, I was thinking of *maybe* replacing the Crobat with a Gengar(f)@leftovers with Shadowball, Attract, Toxic, and Mean Look. That could certainly annoy a few people. :D

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • well... a growing "eon" will have to have substitute to find the time to use it (unless you are umbreon who has the defense to take hits)

Flareon's shadowball will give you a nice edge against hypnomissy... and hypnomissy is always dangerous. However Snorlax, Blissey and Miltank outweights this danger I suppose...

I will say switch out Smeragle for a physical attacker too... since this team is lacking physical attacker. Flareon can't do it alone... give him some help.

Personally, I think Crobat will be a better annoyer/staller than Gengar... Plus Gengar with shadowball...?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2004
    frostweaver said:
    well... a growing "eon" will have to have substitute to find the time to use it (unless you are umbreon who has the defense to take hits)

Flareon's shadowball will give you a nice edge against hypnomissy... and hypnomissy is always dangerous. However Snorlax, Blissey and Miltank outweights this danger I suppose...

I will say switch out Smeragle for a physical attacker too... since this team is lacking physical attacker. Flareon can't do it alone... give him some help.

Personally, I think Crobat will be a better annoyer/staller than Gengar... Plus Gengar with shadowball...?

Ack! Stupid me! Forgot ghost was a normal attack. Alright, back to Crobat it is. Was thinking about replacing Shadowball with thunderbolt, but it'd be rather dumb with magneton having it as well. Hmmm...shuckle, gengar, and crobat are my 2 favorite annoyers so far. Any other suggestions?

Back