• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to Competitive Battling...

Munkeytoto

Ace Trainer
    Years
    As the Title suggests, I'm new to competitive battling and would like to begin because it looks so interesting.
    I used to basically play through a pokemon game such as Diamond then, once I'd defeated the elite four I'd start again with a new team. It is pretty fun, still is TBH but It loses the challenge when you begin to memorise all the gym leaders and begin preparing for the elite four from the start.
    That's one of the many reasons I want to start Competitive battling.

I'm looking for some help getting started and have many questions! ^_^

Firstly, What exactly do you DO to competativley battle? I mean, there isn't any function in the game other than getting friend codes from people and stuff? Is there some on-line ROM like thing you people battle with?

If you answer me that, could you send me some link that i could use to help me get started battling/ download whatever I need to to play on-line?

If you read this far, Thank You! I'm new to all this and only learnt about EV and IV's a week or two ago. Please help me find my feet and i hope i can battle some of you in the months to come when I'm ready!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Hey there Munkey, welcome to PC. =D

Now with competitive battling, you'd usually battle people 6 on 6 in wifi, or you can use different "simulators" to do so, like shoddy battle, or pokemon online. If your battiling online, the best thing you can do is EV train.

And in battiling, pokemon are organized into "tiers"; OU, UU, Uber, NU, etc.

Well, my explanation sucks.. .^^;

Here's a guide you can read. =D
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123757

...and you can find threats to the OU metagame Sabyeles point to here

Ultimately, you can find the battle stradegy sub forum here to ask questions, get help with your pokemon team, etc, etc. :3

Also, you can find the Wifi battle stadium sub forum here to find a battle with someone, or join a tournament, whichever. :3

ALso, read the rules and FAQ alrighty? ^^ And ask a moderator if you have any more questions. <3 See you around champ in making. <33

Last edited:
    Back