• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to the forum, just got back into the world of Pokemon

lynkdead

Psychic Pokefan
Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Been a long time since I picked up a Pokemon game and now seemed like a great time to rejoin the world, especially with all the increased connectivity offered and all the new people to meet.

I used to play a long time ago, and I heavily favored psychics (Kadabra, Mewtwo!) Although, new worlds, new pokemon, new choices.

Hows it going?

- Lynkdead.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Welcome to PC Lynkdead! May I ask what was the last Pokemon game you played before joining? And I have to second you, with all the possibilities Nintendo added (trading/battling,etc...) Pokemon became better.
    My favorite types are Fire and Dragon. They're just cool and really strong. Is Mewtwo your favorite Psychic Pokemon? He is mine at least.
    Hope to see you soon and have fun! :)

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • Hi lynk dead! Welcome to PC.

Psychic types! They are awesome! We have a Psychic type fan club here if you want to join! Just click here and post your sign up if you want to join! Hope you enjoy staying here and if ou need anything feel free to VM me!

Years
  • Yaaaay welcome to PC! It's an absolute pleasure to meet you and great to have you around this fantastic forum~

Yup, now is indeed a great time to come back here. There's been a ton of hype over the newly-announced sixth gen games, X and Y, so plenty of older fans are coming back to the franchise. :3 How long has it been since you picked up a Pokemon game exactly? I'm assuming at least a few years. I've never really grown bored of the series but can see how it might be for someone that has. So many new Pokemon to memorize might be a little mind-boggling but you'd be surprised with how easy it is to get back into things. The awesome Wi-Fi system makes it heaps easier to trade and battle with people around the world so make sure you give our Trade Corner and Battle Center sections a look-see; you'll love 'em! No more having to carry around that bulky link cable, lmao. Those were quite the days. There's a ton of new psychic types out, especially if you've missed several generations, and they're still really powerful like Kadabra and Mewtwo were. So you still have plenty of Pokemon from your preferred type to choose from!

Hope PC keeps your love for Pokemon ignited for a long while to come. We have a lot of different fans here, from people who just got into the series recently to those who have been into it since the early days like me, so you'll make a lot of friends if you stick around. Disappearing will be no good though, of course. :( We love dedicated members here! Besides, forums like these are too addicting to quit altogether, hehe.

That's all from me - have a great time and remember to read the rules! Us staff are always here if you need anything at all so never be scared to message one of us.

lynkdead

Psychic Pokefan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Welcome to PC Lynkdead! May I ask what was the last Pokemon game you played before joining? And I have to second you, with all the possibilities Nintendo added (trading/battling,etc...) Pokemon became better.
    My favorite types are Fire and Dragon. They're just cool and really strong. Is Mewtwo your favorite Psychic Pokemon? He is mine at least.
    Hope to see you soon and have fun! :)

Last game...I'm going to guess, I think it was emerald or sapphire. For the life of me it has been years.

I've seen a bit of what Nintendo added. The more social world of Pokemon was a draw for me to return, though really, I saw X and Y. 3D Pokemon?! I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I think Mewtwo might be my favorite, but there are so many new Pokemon, I guess it'll be a matter of time. I'll say, I dearly miss Charmander, and Torchic. This new fire starter, just doesn't strike a chord with me.

Years
  • Last game...I'm going to guess, I think it was emerald or sapphire. For the life of me it has been years.

I've seen a bit of what Nintendo added. The more social world of Pokemon was a draw for me to return, though really, I saw X and Y. 3D Pokemon?! I couldn't pass up the opportunity.

I think Mewtwo might be my favorite, but there are so many new Pokemon, I guess it'll be a matter of time. I'll say, I dearly miss Charmander, and Torchic. This new fire starter, just doesn't strike a chord with me.

I'm Lynkdead's cousin and housemate. I've also posted a newbie thread here today. I just wanted to chime in and say how hilarious it is hear my cousin rant about Tepig and any pig type pokemon. 10/10 will laugh again.

lynkdead

Psychic Pokefan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    I'm Lynkdead's cousin and housemate. I've also posted a newbie thread here today. I just wanted to chime in and say how hilarious it is hear my cousin rant about Tepig and any pig type pokemon. 10/10 will laugh again.

Now you've gone and made it look like I discriminate against pig Pokemon. I have nothing against the pig Pokemon community, I simply have issues training creatures with flattened facial features.

And the unflattering commentary as heard early in the game "Oh, you chose Tepig? You and your Pokemon kind of resemble each other."

...thanks random man about town. Your comments are super effective against feelings.

Hi lynk dead! Welcome to PC.

Psychic types! They are awesome! We have a Psychic type fan club here if you want to join!

Sounds great, thank you for the invitation. I'll have to check back later as I'm mobile right now.

I definitely need to catch up on whose who with all the new Pokemon, I'm so behind.

Ah thank you, thank you. Yes I think it's been years from me, I think sapphire was my earlier guess. I intend to stick around this time though, things seem to have gotten along swimmingly!

Last edited:
    Years
  • And the unflattering commentary as heard early in the game "Oh, you chose Tepig? You and your Pokemon kind of resemble each other."

...thanks random man about town. Your comments are super effective against feelings.
    !

And this is why I'm so entertained.

Years
  • Hello Lynkdead! I greeted your cousin earlier so I decided to do the same to you.

PC is a great community, with loads of ongoing topics and a friendly memberbase, loads of activity and we even have a few events going on here and there. The upcoming Pokemon X & Y has brought quite a few fans back to the franchise, given it's going to be all 3D and everything. Thankfully I'm ready for X & Y since I got my 3DS last Christmas, I might probably choose Chespin or Froakie, but Fennekin's not too bad either. I always like to go for the cute starter but maybe when the evolved forms are revealed I might reconsider otherwise. Since you're a Psychic-type Pokemon fan, why not check out our Psychic-type club in Pokemon Clubs? While you're there, you might find some other clubs to join and eventually make new friends! In fact, Psychic is one of my fave types, behind Water.

I hope you stick around and become an active member, especially cos big forums like PC are too addicting to leave imo. You'll meet loads of Pokemon fans here, ranging from the veterans to those who only got into it recently. Have fun here, and I'm always open for a conversation if you need a new friend!

Hope to see ya around the forums!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

lynkdead

Psychic Pokefan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Thank you for the welcome, I enjoy it here already. I fully intend to join the psychic club just as soon as i get my head back on straight, i feel a little out of sorts with all the new pokemon, and inherent changes I face as a returning player (its been a while!) but ah, pleased to meet you, as it were.

Back